Duke my buddy has finally passed on I am so done over this dog

When My dog Momo was dying, kids and relatives showed up. We respected the ol' one eyed mutt. He was a beautiful old soul, I was glad to know him, not own him. And life and the story goes on, unabated. Sorry.
Geeae louize I love the story.,

His body might be gone, but his memory will be FOREVER implanted in your heart and head...he will be with you until you are no more. My condolences!
it hurts vig it really really hurts my friend.

Yes, I know I do it with a clowder where one dies every few months..you NEVER forget each one, but realize you made their insignificant lives easier than being an uncared for feral.

His body might be gone, but his memory will be FOREVER implanted in your heart and head...he will be with you until you are no more. My condolences!

Looks like we really are going to pass him off Viking style.

He really was the best of friends. I don\t like many. He was my friend. no offence to all of you guys but he was my day to day darling.

Now lets put the end of this. Thank you so. My heart is so broken. But I'll figure it out tomorrow.

Come on, it's just a dog. Grow Even people come and go, parents, siblings friends.

I don't like people. I'm over 60. I've been fucked over enough by people. Never by a beastie. And my husband and I are both professionals and we'd rather trust a beastie than a co worker.

just life.

This beastie. I\ve been in the middle of negotiations to tell sort of our story called a childs world called "my friend duke' and all our adventures together.

he really has been one hell of a buddy and in my non political lives with you guys I've rocked these roads and gone up and down these hills will this old timer. I'll put him on the back burner for now. I'll make sure his stories will be told with me after we deal with his death.

We are going to give him the best send off. Viking. Glad I have made some sort of difference in this old town. We are going to give Duke a Viking funeral.

You know when you have a friend pass like this the pain is exquisite. but thats a good thing. some how this hurt when I scream in the bush down the road makes you care more. makes you love more. I'll scare some with that scream but only for a minute.

Im going to miss the hell out of him. Tomorrows going to be a long day with all the wood coming in for his funeral pyre and then Saturday if I go off the rails when we torch him please have mercy on me no matter what I post okay?

Today and tomorrow will probably be absolutely horrid. I don't want to leave it this way. I saw the best the other day. Always hold on to the good.

You doing ok TD?

Hanging in dear heart. Rough go losing him. My husband and I just got back from town. It's always a big deal because we really do live in the middle of nowhere. :) He came up with a great idea that when they light the fire for Duke we're going to light a July 4th spectacular fireworks show in appreciation of his life.

So we bought the whole shebang including rockets!

This has been a hard go. Its going to be a long weekend. I dont like people. He was my friend, he didnt like them either.

Dogs' lives are short, too short, but you know that going in. You know the pain is coming, you're going to lose a dog, and there's going to be great anguish, so you live fully in the moment with her, never fail to share her joy, or delight in her innocence, because you can't support the illusion that a dog can be your lifelong companion. There's such beauty in the hard honesty of that, in accepting and giving love while always aware it comes with an unbearable price. Maybe loving dogs is the way we do penance for all the other illusions we allow ourselves and for the mistakes we make because of those illusions.

Dean Koontz

Forum List

Back