What's the story?

• The stripper is completely lying.

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Duke players raped the stripper.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Non-duke players raped the stripper.

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
In reading Tom Wolfe's college-based novel, I Am Charlotte Simmons, I remember being struck by how he described the lacrosse players as being very sexually aggressive and feeling "entitled".

It is fiction, but Wolfe does explain how he did tons of research with college students, etc., in writing it. Whether these Duke players are guilty of rape or not, something bad must have gone on in that house, and one can't help but wonder if this sport tends to attract a certain type of guy.

And this doesn't help either. Smart kid...really smart.

On Wednesday, authorities unsealed documents stating that less than two hours after the alleged rape, McFadyen sent an e-mail saying he was planning an encore to "tonights (sic) show." The message, addressed "To whom it may concern," said, "however there will be no nudity."

"I plan on killing the bitches as soon as the(y) walk in and proceding to cut their skin off," wrote McFadyen, adding in vulgar terms that he would find the act sexually satisfying. The e-mail was signed with McFadyen's jersey number, 41.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/w...06,0,3562079.story?coll=ny-region-apnewjersey

GotZoom said:
And this doesn't help either. Smart kid...really smart.

On Wednesday, authorities unsealed documents stating that less than two hours after the alleged rape, McFadyen sent an e-mail saying he was planning an encore to "tonights (sic) show." The message, addressed "To whom it may concern," said, "however there will be no nudity."

"I plan on killing the bitches as soon as the(y) walk in and proceding to cut their skin off," wrote McFadyen, adding in vulgar terms that he would find the act sexually satisfying. The e-mail was signed with McFadyen's jersey number, 41.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/w...06,0,3562079.story?coll=ny-region-apnewjersey
TSG has the actual documents. The guy is a total meathead. Best part is, he participated in some anti-domestic violence campaign with a student group that same week :laugh:

whoops.

The ClayTaurus said:
TSG has the actual documents. The guy is a total meathead. Best part is, he participated in some anti-domestic violence campaign with a student group that same week :laugh:

whoops.

What? Education on the subject didn't work? :smoke:
Isn't that the liberal answer to every social ill? We need more dollars for eucation and awareness.

Abbey Normal said:
What? Education on the subject didn't work? :smoke:
Isn't that the liberal answer to every social ill? We need more dollars for eucation and awareness.
What education? He's a universalete. They're above the law. It's actually pretty meaningless, student groups try and get big-name athletes to be involved in their events, and the athletes usually could give a shit less. They do it because coach tells them too. Not much different than real life, I suppose. It's like PR training! Except that professional lacrosse isn't profitable. Soemthing tells me most of the Duke team hasn't had that reality pimp slap them in the face yet...

The ClayTaurus said:

whoops.

What they don't tell you is that he played the part of the "Before" - The abuser.

"Don't be like this guy....."

GotZoom said:
What they don't tell you is that he played the part of the "Before" - The abuser.

"Don't be like this guy....."
It'd be great if they spun it like that. :laugh:

This Duke Lacrosse player agrees: "Don't be an asshole (like me!)"

Mr. P said:
Ahhhh….come on, CSM. Promotion party 101; Ya want a striper, you hire a striper, want a whore, you hire a whore.

Maybe the kids didn’t get that part.?
Heh...military folks are more used to following the rules, methinks...

Spoiled rich kids have a completely different view of the world.

I guess I need some education. I thought that when you hire girls to come to a private party and take off their clothes, sex was sort of expected?

If that is true, what will finding the players' DNA prove? That they had sex. Perhaps consensual. Not necessarily rape. Even if her medical exam showed some kind of trauma, does that prove rape? Wouldn't she need to have defense bruises/wounds on her hands, etc.?

Just thinking out loud here. I think this could go either way.

Abbey Normal said:
I guess I need some education. I thought that when you hire girls to come to a private party and take off their clothes, sex was sort of expected?

If that is true, what will finding the players' DNA prove? That they had sex. Perhaps consensual. Not necessarily rape. Even if her medical exam showed some kind of trauma, does that prove rape? Wouldn't she need to have defense bruises/wounds on her hands, etc.?

Just thinking out loud here. I think this could go either way.
Depends if she was a stipper or a call girl. I'm thinking maybe they hired one and expected the other, and she wasn't havin' any of it. I definitely have known of parties with strippers, but no sex. And strippers usually are very explicit: no touching, or no touching except these places...

In the words of House, EVERYONE is lying. There's no way we have even close to the whole story.

Well, Well, Well....Check This Out

RALEIGH, N.C. -- Allegations made by a woman who told police that she was gang-raped by three Duke University men's lacrosse athletes have raised questions about the character, credibility and behavior of all those involved.

The severity of the allegations raises questions about each individual involved in the events that transpired on March 13 and March 14, including the alleged victim.

New information about the victim has been divulged, concerning charges arising from an incident that occurred several years ago. According to a 2002 police report, the woman, currently a 27-year-old student at North Carolina Central University, gave a taxi driver a lap dance at a Durham strip club. Subsequently, according to the report, she stole the man's car and led deputies on a high-speed chase that ended in Wake County.

Apparently, the deputy thought the chase was over when the woman turned down a dead-end road near Brier Creek, but instead she tried to run over him, according to the police report.

Additional information notes that her blood-alcohol level registered at more than twice the legal limit.

In spite of that incident, her attorney at the time, Woody Vann, asserts that what happened then should not cause people to question her character now. He said she is a decent and credible human being.

"She took the car in what we've categorized in the past as a joyride," Vann said.

Vann also said that the allegations that that his former client was trying to hit the sheriff's deputy were in error, and that she was merely trying to turn around. The case was resolved when she admitted she made a mistake, paid restitution and served probation and some jail time.

"I would be glad to go to bat for her," Vann said. "She was a very credible, believable person and deserves that sort of respect in this situation now."

Vann also said the woman is depending on crisis counselors, family and friends to help her get through the investigation. Although she has had numerous requests for interviews from both local and national media outlets, Vann said she is purposely maintaining a low profile and concentrating on caring for her two children.

http://www.wral.com/news/8513890/detail.html?rss=ral&psp=news

Just a rumination in general here...but I have noticed a disturbing trend in our justice system (and others).... Where in the hell did it become customary to put the victim on trial?

Kobe Byrant's defense lawyers set up some kind of legal precedent with their slam-dunk job of ruining a young woman's life a few years ago?

The Duke players should probably get castrated for their rape and battery (which is my view of what should happen to those who rape and batter women... the first time) but they're going to get off scot free because they'll ensure their clients aren't on trial, the young woman will be.

Something is seriously wrong with this country's justice system these days.

Just a rumination in general here...but I have noticed a disturbing trend in our justice system (and others).... Where in the hell did it become customary to put the victim on trial?

Kobe Byrant's defense lawyers set up some kind of legal precedent with their slam-dunk job of ruining a young woman's life a few years ago?

The Duke players should probably get castrated for their rape and battery (which is my view of what should happen to those who rape and batter women... the first time) but they're going to get off scot free because they'll ensure their clients aren't on trial, the young woman will be.

Something is seriously wrong with this country's justice system these days.

In this case, the "victim" was lying

The liberal media jumped to her defense, convicted the players withi days, and now have a great big shit burger to eat

Forum List

Back