Duh Donuld knew handicapped journalist for years

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Disabled reporter mocked by Trump hits back: Serge Kovaleski disputes tycoon's claim not to know him - and says they were on first-name basis for YEARS
  • Donald Trump is under fire for allegedly imitating New York Times reporter Serge Kovaleski, who is disabled, during a campaign speech Wednesday
  • Kovaleski has a chronic condition that affects his ability to move his arms
  • In a statement, Trump said he couldn't have been making fun of Kovaleski since he doesn't know what he looks like
  • Kovaleski says he interacted with Trump a dozen times in interviews and press conferences and that they were on a first-name basis
  • Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist wrote an article in 2001 that said police questioned a number of people allegedly celebrating 9/11 attacks
  • Trump has said he saw 'thousands of people' celebrating in New Jersey
  • Billionaire was blasting Kovaleski for saying he doesn't recall celebrations
  • New York Times said Trump was 'outrageous' to 'ridicule' the reporter
  • The Ruderman Family Foundation offered Trump sensitivity training sessions to help him better understand people with disabilities
  • See full news coverage of Donald Trump at www.dailymail.co.uk/trump

Read more: Disabled NY Times reporter says he and Trump on first-name basis
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Apparently, there is no end to Drumpf's lies.

2ED13B6B00000578-3335864-image-m-13_1448593804650.jpg

2ED6603800000578-3335864-image-m-11_1448593485389.jpg

I posted this on another thread.

Worth reposting here --

Red State (!) does a pretty good job of breaking it down ...

Can Donald Trump’s Mockery of a Disabled Reporter be Defended? | Red State

"By now, most people should probably know that Donald Trump mocked disabled New York Times reporter Serge Koveleski during a speech Wednesday. If you have not already done so, read my colleague streiff’s write up of the incident, which sets forth the backstory pretty nicely. Also, if you have not done so, I highly recommend watching the video of the incident in question, so you can judge for yourself exactly what happened.

This is obviously pretty ugly, even for Trump. Mocking a disabled person for their disability has been universally passé since at least the 1950s, and so some of his supporters have been out on twitter over the last couple of days offering various defenses for Trump’s behavior on this video. It is important to note that Trump himself has (as far as I know) offered only this by way of “explanation” for his actions:

Defense 1. Trump didn’t know Koveleski was disabled.

I do not know the reporter for the @nytimes, or what he looks like. I was showing a person groveling to take back a statement made long ago!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 26, 2015

This is, as it happens, the only even mildly meritorious possible defense for Trump’s shenanigans – that he did not know the reporter in question was disabled and was just mocking him for forgetting. No one, after all, is above mockery for being dishonest or cowardly, even the disabled.

Unfortunately, this defense is completely implausible to anyone possessed of a functioning forebrain. For one thing, there is a well-documented history between Koveleski and Trump going back for years and years that is by now a matter of extensive public record. There are voluminous writings by Koveleski from his time at the NYDN about Trump that are clearly reflective of in-person interviews with Trump.

Koveleski himself has noted the extent to which he and Trump have had personal interactions:

‘Donald and I were on a first-name basis for years,’ said Kovaleski.
‘I’ve interviewed him in his office. I’ve talked to him at press conferences. All in all, I would say around a dozen times, I’ve interacted with him as a reporter while I was at The Daily News.’
Perhaps you’re disinclined to believe the word of a New York Times reporter. Completely fair.

There are still at least two compelling pieces of evidence that Trump is full of s*** when it comes to this story.

The first is his repeated invocation of “the poor guy” when he is mocking Koveleski. When doing an impersonation of a disabled person, if you’re just doing it to mock him for being dishonest or cowardly and you don’t even know he’s disabled, you wouldn’t say “the poor guy.”

The second, of course, is this. Here is Serge Koveleski holding his arm/hand in the way he is forced to as a result of his physical disability:

0.jpg

Here is Donald Trump at two different points from the video, from when he first starts mocking Koveleski, then after when he says “the poor guy” and goes back to it:

1.jpg

2.jpg

So, to believe that Trump had no idea what Koveleski looked like or the particulars of his disability, you would have to believe
a) that the entire written record of their numerous interactions is fabricated, and Koveleski in particular (the very person on whose word Trump is staking his 9/11 claims) is flat out lying
b) that he said “the poor guy” when referring to Koveleski because… well, I have no idea what the “because” is even supposed to be on that one and
c) Trump was able to pull off an imitation of Koveleski’s specific physical deformity purely by chance."

Story continues here: Can Donald Trump's Mockery of a Disabled Reporter be Defended? | RedState

And ends with:

"Anyone who is left defending him at this point has to be regarded as basically being okay with making fun of disabled people for their disabilities. ...

I don't care if Trump talks about a crippled reporter in a disparaging manner . Trump and the liberal leaning crippled guy are enemies after all . Trump says what he likes about everyone same as I do . This crippled guy is not 'special' in my opinion !! Anyway , Trump addresses this issue at his Sarasota Florida probably overflow rally that's being held today JimH .

the link seems to be working though Trump is not speaking yet JimH !!

I don't care what Trunp says about a reporter either. And the OP is VERY VERY biased. Saturday Night Live made FUN of Barbra Walthers for YEARS!

So they pointed out a wrong they committed WELL before AND more often? Or are they just Trump-a-phobics?

I don't care what Trunp says about a reporter either. And the OP is VERY VERY biased. Saturday Night Live made FUN of Barbra Walthers for YEARS!

So they pointed out a wrong they committed WELL before AND more often? Or are they just Trump-a-phobics?

^^There's the crux of this.^^

Amazingly, I've read several of the more stupid posters (^^like DarkFury ^^) openly admit they don't care how bad Drumpf/Carson/etc are.

RWNJs are stupid and self-destructive. They don't care who they vote for as long as they believe their candidate will harm the country.

Last edited:
what difference does that make Luddley . This Trump story is a non story in my opinion . If I want a polite squish i'd be supporting Ben Carson who is a nice polite squishy type guy .

hey , I just answered your question PView . BawBaw just has a speech impediment and its ok with me !!

what difference does that make Luddley . This Trump story is a non story in my opinion . If I want a polite squish i'd be supporting Ben Carson who is a nice polite squishy type guy .

Trump is scum. You want a President that says whatever comes to mind, at whatever moment. Really? You want a lunatic like Trump that can screw over the country.

On the other hand, HE IS A GIFT TO THE DEMS!

GO DONALD!

I don't care if Trump talks about a crippled reporter in a disparaging manner . Trump and the liberal leaning crippled guy are enemies after all . Trump says what he likes about everyone same as I do . This crippled guy is not 'special' in my opinion !! Anyway , Trump addresses this issue at his Sarasota Florida probably overflow rally that's being held today JimH .

1. Attacking a disability instead of the issue is cowardice.
2. Drumpf lied. He said he didn't know the journalist.

Drumpf lies in almost every speech and this is at least the second time he has lied about not knowing a journalist.

When he had the journalist from Univision thrown out for asking questions Drumpf was too chicken shit to answer and which he still has not answered, he first said he didn't know who the man was. Only a couple of moments later, he said the journalist was named in Drumpf's lawsuit against Univision.

Even if RWs don't care that he attacks, bombasts, lies, yells, sues everyone who dares ask him a question, they really have a responsibility to care about his so-called policy positions.

Go read his web site. Read it carefully. It says nothing except that he's the best and that he has a plan. That's it.

Its no accident that the same RWNJs who worship Pooting for being a dictator and bully also worship Drumpf for the same thing.

man , its the the caring team of Luddely and JimH , sounds like you two are in a state of panic JimH. And me , well , I'm happy to see the PANIC Sir !!!

Forum List

Back