Dude, You Killed Your Job...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Classic take from Patrick Chisholm.

“Dude, where’s my job?” is one of the slogans one finds scrawled on signs held by disheveled young protesters at Occupy events.

Dude, have you ever thought about what it takes to give you a job? Nah, I’m sure not. If you had, you wouldn’t be out there with the Occupy folks demonizing the top 1 percent — the people who create most of the jobs. More likely you’d be hanging out with the tea party folks.

You think a job is some sort of entitlement — like it should just be there for you. But you’ve got to realize that a real person has to bust his butt in order to create that job.

When you say, “Dude, where’s my job?” what you’re really saying is, “Dude, put your financial and emotional well-being on the line by quitting your day job and hanging out a shingle. Be smart and diligent enough to come up with a good product, and hope that you can sell enough of that product to have enough revenue to hire and pay me.”

Most people would never in a million years go through all the B.S. involved in starting a business and creating a job.

Few people have the guts to start a business, the smarts to come up with a promising product, the doggedness to stick with it and the stomach to put up with all the slings and arrows that get thrown up along the way. Most start-ups — four out of five — fail within five years.

Running a business is not for the faint of heart. Consider what folks have to go through in order to generate a job:

Read more: Occupy Wall Street | Dude, you killed your job | The Daily Caller

small business creates more of the new jobs.

Why do you fight for the people who make a habit of killing small competitors?

Real people risk it all and work incredibly hard to start businesses and make them successful so they can hire workers. No one is enititled to or deserves a job. They should instead feel happy and fortunate when they're given one. Someone worked very hard to create that business. They're owed some gratitude. No one deserves anything.

If you have a society where people have no way to support themselves then your society will fail.

This is why Ron Paul is considered insane by so many people.

he thinks people are for society.

Society is for people my friend

If you have a society where people have no way to support themselves then your society will fail.

This is why Ron Paul is considered insane by so many people.

he thinks people are for society.

Society is for people my friend

Society does not exist without people.

People make up society.

Your thinking is warped.

they do not kill small competitors.

Small competitors fail due to a failed business plan.

Smart small business owners develop a plan to be able to compete.

And when you have an oligopoly, smart small business owners develop a plan to capitaliuze on the oligopoly.

But my guess is that this is way too deep for you to comprehend.

And when you have an oligopoly, smart small business owners develop a plan to capitaliuze on the oligopoly.

How can a mom and pop EVER compete in recieving good prices from suppliers when they do not buy in the large quanitites?

Did you know that a lot of the big business's that you bitch about most likely started out as a small business?? So because those business's are now big, we're supposed to tell them they can't keep their own money that they worked so hard for?
What have YOU done to EARN what you are wanting to take away from the big business's? Why should they hand you or anyone else any of THEIR money?

Too many people just aren't worthwhile enough to hire.

The complaint employers have is that the employee feels entitled to have job, but have nothing to offer.

Workers' lack of skills holds back U.S. recovery - San Antonio Express-News

View Larger Image

The thickest, tallest wall the U.S. economy has to climb over to resume a reasonable recovery from the awful 2007-09 recession is “structural unemployment.”

The term can be translated to mean the lack of skills among U.S. workers. During the recession, the collective U.S. employer somehow advanced technologically beyond what the workforce is able to provide.

People who lost their jobs do not possess the skills employers now require to remain competitive. Plenty of jobs exist to hire people willing to work, but far too many out-of-work candidates don't meet the qualifications.

The Federal Reserve worries about this because there's not a darn thing the central bank can do. Increasing the money supply, promising not to raise interest rates for a decade and standing on its head suddenly will not provide workers with the skills they need to fill job positions.

Read more: Workers' lack of skills holds back U.S. recovery - San Antonio Express-News

Mere existence does not entitle someone to a job. Increasingly, applicants feel that breathing is a qualification. Not only to a job, but a high paying job too.

It's the Entitlement mentality. It's running rampant in this country. 'Generation Gimme' was raised on that mentality. They really do believe they're entitled to and deserve everything just for being here on planet earth. It's like "Here i am,now gimme gimme gimme." It's very poor parenting. But unfortunately for them,the well has run dry. We just can't afford their Entitlement attitude. $16 Trillion and growing in Debt has put an end to that.

Last edited:

How can a mom and pop EVER compete in recieving good prices from suppliers when they do not buy in the large quanitites?

Of course they can. They just have to offer something the big business doesn't.

you are showing how naive you are on the topic.

Are you not aware of the fact that there are just as many "mom and pop" suppliers that dont get to supply the big boys?

It is all about having a sound business model.

Something I really dont think you know much about.

Of course they can. They just have to offer something the big business doesn't.
you mean a....dare I say....differential?

That is the key to success as a buisness owner as well as an employee.

Present a differential and you will succeeed.

Forum List

Back