Dubya, Air National Guard

nakedemperor

Aug 5, 2004
NYC
"Those of us who were in the military wonder how it is that someone who is supposedly serving on active duty...can miss a whole year of service without even explaining where it went," said [Senator John] Kerry.

Ok, so there is overwhelming proof that Bush went AWOL between May 1972 and May 1973, supported by the Commanding Officer of Dannelly Airforce base and military attendance records, and the fact that the sole, single "witness" for his attendance has been discredited by afforementioned military records and other pilots who were at the same trainings that he said Bush attended.

I'm not going to argue that he was AWOL, or a deserted or whatever.

However: after missing a physical in 1972 Bush lost his wings. That means, for the last 2 years of his active-duty commitment to the AIR national guard, he did not fly an airplace. Why? Because he wasn't legally qualified to. So, my question is, what does a self-grounded pilot (he could have sought out the physician later or in Texas at any time to get re-instated) DO for two years? Peel potatoes? Or maybe after he missed his physical and lost his wings he thought his commitment to the Guard was over. Maybe he thought that the mission had been accomplished.

I'm posting this in the war on terrorism thread because I think its a pertinent question for a war-time president to address, HIMSELF, not through a spokesman, and not from John Kerry or the media's prompting. President Bush, WHY WERE YOU NOT FLYING?

nakedemperor said:
"Those of us who were in the military wonder how it is that someone who is supposedly serving on active duty...can miss a whole year of service without even explaining where it went," said [Senator John] Kerry.

Ok, so there is overwhelming proof that Bush went AWOL between May 1972 and May 1973, supported by the Commanding Officer of Dannelly Airforce base and military attendance records, and the fact that the sole, single "witness" for his attendance has been discredited by afforementioned military records and other pilots who were at the same trainings that he said Bush attended.

However: after missing a physical in 1972 Bush lost his wings. That means, for the last 2 years of his active-duty commitment to the AIR national guard, he did not fly an airplace. Why? Because he wasn't legally qualified to. So, my question is, what does a self-grounded pilot (he could have sought out the physician later or in Texas at any time to get re-instated) DO for two years? Peel potatoes? Or maybe after he missed his physical and lost his wings he thought his commitment to the Guard was over. Maybe he thought that the mission had been accomplished.

I'm posting this in the war on terrorism thread because I think its a pertinent question for a war-time president to address, HIMSELF, not through a spokesman, and not from John Kerry or the media's prompting. President Bush, WHY WERE YOU NOT FLYING?

ONCE AGAIN I AM MOVING THIS THREAD-1ST FORMAL WARNING.

nakedemperor said:

It's obvious you've never served in the military.

There are numerous staff jobs in all branches of the military. Pilots who are not able to fly, or who are assigned to a headquarters unit, regularly do staff work. So your whole thing about Bush not flying is nothing new.

Besides, weren't all you lefties saying in 1992 that military service didn't matter in a Presidential race?

In addition to not flying after his failed physical, he failed to show up in Alabama for his shifted duties. He's said afterwards that he did miss lots of duty, but fulfilled it elsewhere at a later date. This claim is completely unfounded by military attendance records in both Dannelly and Houston. His record show no new duties whatsoever. NOTHING. I challenge anyone to provide material showing what these transfered duties were.

Why was a man who used millions of dollars being trained as a pilot, VOLUNTARILY allow his flight status to be immediately rescinded? He DELIBRATELY avoided multiple opportunities to get re-instated. WHY DID HE NOT WANT HIS WINGS?

Also, Bush was accepted into pilot school even though he scored in the 25th percentile on a standardized test. The test was given to all prospective pilots and there was no specific score that disqualified a candidate. In addition, Bush had two arrests for college pranks and four traffic offenses before applying for pilot training. Former and current military pilots say it was uncommon for an applicant to be approved for training with such a record.

nakedemperor said:
In addition to not flying after his failed physical, he failed to show up in Alabama for his shifted duties. He's said afterwards that he did miss lots of duty, but fulfilled it elsewhere at a later date. This claim is completely unfounded by military attendance records in both Dannelly and Houston. His record show no new duties whatsoever. NOTHING. I challenge anyone to provide material showing what these transfered duties were.

Why was a man who used millions of dollars being trained as a pilot, VOLUNTARILY allow his flight status to be immediately rescinded? He DELIBRATELY avoided multiple opportunities to get re-instated. WHY DID HE NOT WANT HIS WINGS?

Also, Bush was accepted into pilot school even though he scored in the 25th percentile on a standardized test. The test was given to all prospective pilots and there was no specific score that disqualified a candidate. In addition, Bush had two arrests for college pranks and four traffic offenses before applying for pilot training. Former and current military pilots say it was uncommon for an applicant to be approved for training with such a record.

this has been totally beat about the head and shoulders until its dead. Take it from another liberal, its not going to change anything. We all know that GW got in to the guard and avoided overseas duty due to his connections. He wouldn't be the first one to do it and I'm damn sure he wasn't or won't be the last. I'm tired of hearing about this now.

nakedemperor said:

I posted earlier that this has been dealt with at factcheck.org Go read it.

If you can dispute what you find, feel free to post it. Note they use reliable sources and are non-partisan.

His reasons for joining the guard aren't the heart of my issue. Its why he didn't fulfill his commitment to the national guard, and then continually lied about it. There are too many other chickenhawks to, as you say, keep beating a dead horse.

DKSuddeth said:
this has been totally beat about the head and shoulders until its dead. Take it from another liberal, its not going to change anything. We all know that GW got in to the guard and avoided overseas duty due to his connections. He wouldn't be the first one to do it and I'm damn sure he wasn't or won't be the last. I'm tired of hearing about this now.

You know, you're not bad for a liberal.

His reasons for joining the guard aren't the heart of my issue. Its why he didn't fulfill his commitment to the national guard, and then continually lied about it. There are too many other chickenhawks to, as you say, keep beating a dead horse.

Because he was an immature college kid, like I am. It's been three decades since then and things have changed a bit. I fail to see why this is relevant.

Hobbit said:

Because he was an immature college kid, like I am. It's been three decades since then and things have changed a bit. I fail to see why this is relevant.

Hobbit, he's not a 'liberal,' he just thought he was... :teeth:

Hobbit said:

The only thing that's changed about Dubbyuh is he's off the sauce, maybe.

nakedemperor said:
His reasons for joining the guard aren't the heart of my issue. Its why he didn't fulfill his commitment to the national guard, and then continually lied about it.

Timeline of Bush's National Guard service

By The Associated Press

February 10, 2004

Jan. 19, 1968: Bush completes Air Force officer qualifications test in New Haven, Conn., while attending Yale University.

May 27, 1968: Walter B. Staudt, commander of the Texas National Guard, interviews Bush and recommends he be accepted for pilot training. Bush's application for enlistment in the Guard is approved.

June 1968: Bush receives bachelor of arts degree from Yale.

July 12, 1968: A three-member Federal Recognition Examining Board reports Bush is qualified for promotion to 2nd Lieutenant in the 111th Fighter Interceptor Squadron.

July 14, 1968: Bush attends basic military training in San Antonio.

Aug. 25, 1968: Completes basic military training.

Nov. 26, 1968 - Dec. 2, 1969: Attends undergraduate pilot training with the 3559th Student Squadron, Moody Air Force Base, Ga. He is trained to fly standard Air Force aircraft, including the T-31, T-37, and T-39.

Dec. 29, 1969 - Jan. 20, 1970: Trainee, 111th Squadron, Ellington Air Force Base, near Houston.

Jan. 11, 1970: Assigned flying duty as a pilot of F-102 fighter interceptors, 111th Squadron at Ellington.

Aug. 24, 1970: Three-member board recommends 2nd Lt. Bush for promotion to first lieutenant. Bush later receives the promotion.

1971: Participates in drills and alerts at Ellington. Begins work for Houston-based agricultural company.

May 1972: Bush asks for and receives permission to continue his duties in Alabama while he works as political director on the Senate campaign of Winton M. Blount, a friend of his father. Loses flight credentials after missing physical exam.

Sept. 6, 1972: Bush's request for a three-month transfer to 187th TAC Recon Group, Montgomery, Ala. is approved so he can work as political director for a Senate campaign.

November 1972: Bush returns to his unit at Ellington in Texas.

May-July 1973: Participates in non-flying drills at Ellington. Works at inner-city poverty program earlier in the year.

Sept. 18, 1973: Bush receives permission to transfer to reserve status and is placed on inactive guard duty about six months before six-year commitment ends. Attends Harvard Business School in the fall.

Oct. 1, 1973: Receives honorable discharge.

Link

What is missing from this list?

Oh yeah the AWOL charge from the National Gaurd. Give it up the Kerry campaign has, its a non-issue.

Here's another good question: Mr. Kerry, why did you lie about war atrocities committed by your fellow soldiers?

New Topics

Forum List

Back