Dubbyuh's Dog and Pony Show

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
Dubbyuh's political machine continues to rattle and clank its way across the country trying to prop up sagging support for his "Social Security Reform"...Read as: "Giveaway to Wall Street contributors". Part of this effort includes tax-payer funded "town hall" style meetings. Unfortunately all of the residents, who are tax-payers by the way, of the towns these meetings are held in don't have access to them. Instead, the attendees are carefully vetted by the local Republican Party apparatchiki for their loyalty to the party line. Local opposition is black-listed or ejected from the proceedings if they somehow find their way in.

<blockquote>Three Denver residents yesterday charged that they were forcibly removed from one of President Bush's town meetings on Social Security because they displayed a bumper sticker on their car condemning the administration's Middle East policies. - <a href=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A10969-2005Mar29.html><i><b>The Washington Post</b></i></a></blockquote>

<blockquote>In Fargo, N.D., where Bush held a Social Security event in February, a local newspaper reported that more than 40 residents were placed on a "black list" of people who were not to receive tickets because they had expressed opposition to Bush's policies. - <a href=http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-bush11mar11,1,1405055.story?coll=la-headlines-politics><i><b>The LA Times</b></i></a></blockquote>

With all of this orchestration, I can only wonder if they haven't re-animated the corpse of Leni Reifenstahl, and have her directing the campaign. Either than or they transplanted her brain into Karen Hughes' body.

Citations:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A10969-2005Mar29.html

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-bush11mar11,1,1405055.story?coll=la-headlines-politics

Bully, that was old in October. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not about to start listing all the dirty tricks by Democrats last year.

Give it a rest.

Bullypulpit said:
Dubbyuh's political machine continues to rattle and clank its way across the country trying to prop up sagging support for his "Social Security Reform"...Read as: "Giveaway to Wall Street contributors".

Rave on, oh demented one!

Every time I start to get down on GW about things like lack of border security, lack of fiscal restraint, lack of any coherent energy policy etc, I am reminded of the possible alternative - kerry/edwards.

That usually puts a perspective on things.

Merlin1047 said:

Every time I start to get down on GW about things like lack of border security, lack of fiscal restraint, lack of any coherent energy policy etc, I am reminded of the possible alternative - kerry/edwards.

:thup:

Then there is the "Hillary Factor"! :shocked:

Merlin1047 said:

Actually, Cheech and Chong would be a better alternative to what we have in Washington now. At least they could excuse their disconnect from reality on drugs...Dubbyuh's administration has no excuse.

Bullypulpit said:
Actually, Cheech and Chong would be a better alternative to what we have in Washington now. At least they could excuse their disconnect from reality on drugs...Dubbyuh's administration has no excuse.

Okay, Lizard Lips - tell me with a straight face that kerry/edwards/heinz would have been better.

Kathianne said:
Bully, that was old in October. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not about to start listing all the dirty tricks by Democrats last year.

Give it a rest.

Unfortunately, given the short attention span of many Americans, the issue does need to be revisited from time to time in order to refresh memories.

Bullypulpit said:
Unfortunately, given the short attention span of many Americans, the issue does need to be revisited from time to time in order to refresh memories.

Which issue is that, Bully? I forgot. :p:

Bullypulpit said:

Trust me, they wont look like they were a better alternative when are all dead from their incompetance. I seriously thank God all the time that President Bush won.

Bullypulpit said:
Quite a dearth of imagination on your part. Dismissed.

Wow Bully , you figured out a way to use dearth in a sentence . . . very impressive.

Forum List

Back