Dubai? Not an issue,, but S. Dakota

Working Man

Aug 22, 2004
That governor of N/S Dakota who made it illegal to perform abortions just put the Dems over the top. Taking bets BBS people. I am making the prediction that the Dems will take the White House, the House, and the Senate. Why??

Not because GW is a putz, but because women are not going to stand to have their rights violated.. I have to agree with them to a point..This country has no deficit for unplanned, unwanted children. So,, why deny the procedure? How is bringing more lives into this country, any country, good for this culture, if the children are not received into a family that has the means to support and love the child. I may not be an expert in this field, but my folks were great parents, both of them.

We still need to figure out how to motivate the 20%, or so population to become responsible for their actions and creations.. Why limit the ability to do that?

Working Man said:
That governor of N/S Dakota who made it illegal to perform abortions just put the Dems over the top. Taking bets BBS people. I am making the prediction that the Dems will take the White House, the House, and the Senate. Why??

Not because GW is a putz, but because women are not going to stand to have their rights violated.. I have to agree with them to a point..This country has no deficit for unplanned, unwanted children. So,, why deny the procedure? How is bringing more lives into this country, any country, good for this culture, if the children are not received into a family that has the means to support and love the child. I may not be an expert in this field, but my folks were great parents, both of them.

We still need to figure out how to motivate the 20%, or so population to become responsible for their actions and creations.. Why limit the ability to do that?

Women's rights aren't being violated. Babies' rights are being violated. Whether you believe it or not, it's a remind of how the other side of the debate thinks. Pro-life activists aren't in it to 'violate women's rights' as so many like to claim. We're in it to protect babies' rights.

And have you ever talked to a woman about 'her rights being violated.' Less than half of those I've met outisde church are in favor of abortion, and I've almost never seen a pro-choice mother.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
Hobbit said:
Women's rights aren't being violated. Babies' rights are being violated. Whether you believe it or not, it's a remind of how the other side of the debate thinks. Pro-life activists aren't in it to 'violate women's rights' as so many like to claim. We're in it to protect babies' rights.

And have you ever talked to a woman about 'her rights being violated.' Less than half of those I've met outisde church are in favor of abortion, and I've almost never seen a pro-choice mother.

Single guy who favors the ability to chose, legal and safe..
Believe it or not, some people like to get laid.. I would never want the option, of an abortion, to be taken away. In the heat of passion (READ LUST), we don't always use contraception and things happen (READ PREGNANCIES). So, do I want to fuel the argument that abortions are a lazy couples way out of unsafe/unplanned sex? No,, BUT IT IS REALITY,, IT HAPPENS.

Some couples want to have a baby,, but when the pregnancy occurs,, one, or both decide that bringing a baby into the world may not be such a good thing.. This happens too...OR,, somebody forgets to take the pill and a period is missed.. I won't argue that abstainance isn't the best way cause I don't turn down a good time.. FOR EVERY ONE YOU TURN DOWN IS ONE LESS YOU WILL GET... :kiss2:

As far as the rights of the child,,, I am not granting those kinds of rights to human embryos. SOrry, Not in my rule book. Live for today type?? I suppose I might fit that group. Too many embryos that are discarded, because laws prohibit stem cell research,, are/were possible chances for science to cure something.. God Bless Chris Reeves, and his wife Dana. (this coming from an agnostic no less, but the sentiment is sincere)

When Bob Barker chirps "Spay or Neuter your pets" everyday after the price is right,, I want to smack him in the head. Why? Cause he should be saying that,, IF YOU ARE HOME WATCHING THIS BULLSHIT ON TV,, HAVE A VASECTOMY OR HAVE YOUR TUBES TIED YOU LAZY PIECE OF SHIT & GET A JOB!!!

I hope my point of view hase been clarified. Thank your for your response.

Working Man said:
Believe it or not, some people like to get laid.. I would never want the option, of an abortion, to be taken away. In the heat of passion (READ LUST), we don't always use contraception and things happen (READ PREGNANCIES). So, do I want to fuel the argument that abortions are a lazy couples way out of unsafe/unplanned sex? No,, BUT IT IS REALITY,, IT HAPPENS.

Some couples want to have a baby,, but when the pregnancy occurs,, one, or both decide that bringing a baby into the world may not be such a good thing.. This happens too...OR,, somebody forgets to take the pill and a period is missed.. I won't argue that abstainance isn't the best way cause I don't turn down a good time.. FOR EVERY ONE YOU TURN DOWN IS ONE LESS YOU WILL GET... :kiss2:

As far as the rights of the child,,, I am not granting those kinds of rights to human embryos. SOrry, Not in my rule book. Live for today type?? I suppose I might fit that group. Too many embryos that are discarded, because laws prohibit stem cell research,, are/were possible chances for science to cure something.. God Bless Chris Reeves, and his wife Dana. (this coming from an agnostic no less, but the sentiment is sincere)

When Bob Barker chirps "Spay or Neuter your pets" everyday after the price is right,, I want to smack him in the head. Why? Cause he should be saying that,, IF YOU ARE HOME WATCHING THIS BULLSHIT ON TV,, HAVE A VASECTOMY OR HAVE YOUR TUBES TIED YOU LAZY PIECE OF SHIT & GET A JOB!!!

You really are a very sad and angry person...I feel sorry for you.

Working Man said:

[sarcasm]
Wow, yes your vast and deep respect for life has been clarified. As well as your great respect for the retired and homemakers among us.
[/sarcasm]

no1tovote4 said:
[sarcasm]
Wow, yes your vast and deep respect for life has been clarified. As well as your great respect for the retired and homemakers among us.
[/sarcasm]

Respect for life? Well I guess you could say it. I retired with more than 20 years as a firefighter.. Haz Mat certs, Mil Clearances, dive/rescue. So, I guess you could say that I have put in a few calls that most wouldn't.

But taking it further, I also care about the animals that are being displaced by man's greedy need for space.. Wild animals are going extinct so that strip malls can be built on deforested land. Housing projects, culdesac communities, can flourish at some other living animals peril. The human population in this country is NOT going down the last time I heard the figures.
Humans have no right to multiply at the rate they do with so little regard for the environment..

I don't want to see babies hurt. But I see what babies can grow up to be when they were hurt.. How is this helping our cities, towns, villages.. No, I don't agree with Senator Douchebag that it takes a village to raise a child. That is a cop out kabutz bullshit scam. The child needs loving parents and a good home..

And another thing about respect,, you have to give it to get it. Sometimes it takes gulping your pride and giving in to a point of comprimise.. When a girl/woman is raped, or is a victim of an abusive relationship that yields an unplanned pregnancy,,, she should have a safe and legal way of resolution.. Abortion, it works.

No, I am sorry if I offended those who chose to watch the Price is Right, Wheel of Fortune, etc.. I didn't know that is what is in store for retirees. Sounds pretty f'n sad that shows like these, and Soap Operas, are the highpoint in a persons day.

Working Man said:

I agree with you, but your post is a soft sell compared to the way I feel.

Working Man said:
Respect for life? Well I guess you could say it. I retired with more than 20 years as a firefighter.. Haz Mat certs, Mil Clearances, dive/rescue. So, I guess you could say that I have put in a few calls that most wouldn't.

I do this now and have since 1993 since I got out of the Navy where we were all trained as fire fighters.... So I guess you could say that I have been a firefighter for 17 years now....

But taking it further, I also care about the animals that are being displaced by man's greedy need for space.. Wild animals are going extinct so that strip malls can be built on deforested land. Housing projects, culdesac communities, can flourish at some other living animals peril. The human population in this country is NOT going down the last time I heard the figures.
Humans have no right to multiply at the rate they do with so little regard for the environment..

Humans in the US are doing no such thing, in fact the average size of the family is going down. However, being responsible reproductively should not include society killing the absolute most innocent among humanity on a regular basis with directed intent for the convenience of others and not for a determined crime.

I don't want to see babies hurt. But I see what babies can grow up to be when they were hurt.. How is this helping our cities, towns, villages.. No, I don't agree with Senator Douchebag that it takes a village to raise a child. That is a cop out kabutz bullshit scam. The child needs loving parents and a good home..

I have also seen many babies who have grown up hurt to become great people. Each person can take what they are given and turn it into themselves... Allowing such people to define themselves as failures is what fails them, more abortions does not resolve this at all. It takes lives of the poor and abused and determines them not worth living before they even have had a chance at making such a choice. Killing innocents is not the answer to insuring children have loving homes.

And another thing about respect,, you have to give it to get it. Sometimes it takes gulping your pride and giving in to a point of comprimise.. When a girl/woman is raped, or is a victim of an abusive relationship that yields an unplanned pregnancy,,, she should have a safe and legal way of resolution.. Abortion, it works.

Abortion is not the only answer. I get tired of hearing of it as the only way to resolve such issues. I believe in an actual compromise where we remove the unborn and work to incubate ex-utero and thus increasing our knowledge and ability until each and every woman can make an educated and actual REPRODUCTIVE choice of whether to carry the progeny naturally or to incubate ex-utero. Opening adoptions so that they are not so danged expensive or based on race. Giving this human progeny a chance at survival that they never would have. This respects both the woman's rights and the progeny's rights without resorting to killing by directed action.

No, I am sorry if I offended those who chose to watch the Price is Right, Wheel of Fortune, etc.. I didn't know that is what is in store for retirees. Sounds pretty f'n sad that shows like these, and Soap Operas, are the highpoint in a persons day.

That would be your opinion. It is not something that I want to end up with, but some people like TV more than others.

Obviously a controversial issue for sure.

The world today is sooooo much different than the world of a thousand years ago. Unchecked birth control, with the early death rate, and constant war, that was visited upon mankind make perfect sense. Today however, I don`t prescribe to that belief.

The spaceship Earth, and ALL its passengers, have to apply common sense to the problem of OVER POPULATION. Taking away abortion, in ALL its forms, IS NOT the idea solution.

I hear on a regular basis, that those that prescribe to "Pro-life", do so for the children. That is admirable, but misplaced.

I would suggest, that those same people concern themselves with the children ALREADY born, and needing help desperately.

The plight of the children in THIS nation alone is one that we should ALL be ashamed of. This is the MOST pressing problem, and certainly deserves our attention. To bring yet ANOTHER child into this type of environment should be considered a CRIME.

I look forward to an interesting conversation on this subject, but hopefully one, that avoids the pitfalls, that historically await such subjects.

trobinett said:
Obviously a controversial issue for sure.

The world today is sooooo much different than the world of a thousand years ago. Unchecked birth control, with the early death rate, and constant war, that was visited upon mankind make perfect sense. Today however, I don`t prescribe to that belief.

The spaceship Earth, and ALL its passengers, have to apply common sense to the problem of OVER POPULATION. Taking away abortion, in ALL its forms, IS NOT the idea solution.

I hear on a regular basis, that those that prescribe to "Pro-life", do so for the children. That is admirable, but misplaced.

I would suggest, that those same people concern themselves with the children ALREADY born, and needing help desperately.

The plight of the children in THIS nation alone is one that we should ALL be ashamed of. This is the MOST pressing problem, and certainly deserves our attention. To bring yet ANOTHER child into this type of environment should be considered a CRIME.

I look forward to an interesting conversation on this subject, but hopefully one, that avoids the pitfalls, that historically await such subjects.

Your way too 'Star Trekkie' for me...then again maybe the government was lying to us about Area 51...maybe they know something we don't!

Working Man said:

Translation: I can't keep my dick in my pants, so let's keep abortion legal so I can get laid each weekend and not worry about writing child support checks a year later.

trobinett said:

We should indeed look to the well being of children already born. However, that does not negate our responsibility to ensure that children not yet born are not killed.

Working Man said:

Utterly fucking pathetic.

So called "experts," have been screeching about the overpopulation of this country and the world for ages. The world was supposed to be overpopulated, starved, dehydrated, covered in garbage, fried to a crisp, or frozen solid a million times over.

What these "experts," and people like Trob don't ever seem to take into account is how technology continues to find solutions to many of the problems that are going to "lead us to our doom." Pollution was going to kill us during the Industrial Revolution - except that nations like Great Britain and the U.S. eventually figured out how to make industry cleaner. Advances in agriculture brought the ability to grow crops to places that could never have sustained it before...etc.

To say that we should abort a baby/fetus because the world is a complicated place is, in a word, pathetic. I agree that more can always be done for the children in this country and in the world. I agree that children who were not planned for and/or unwanted stand a much higher chance of having a difficult life (read the fantastic book, "Freakonomics" for a fascinating correlation between crime reduction and abortion increases.). However...I think that most children who have had a tough life (my husband included - born to a 19 year old single mother who lived well below the poverty line for his entire life) would rather deal with having to overcome adversity than be dead!

If you want to be pro-abortion because you want to be able to get drunk and screw a stranger then thats your right...but saying that you should be able to kill a potential human because it might put a crimp in your lifestyle is self-indulgence at its worst.

We should be doing more for our children....not killing them because you were too drunk to remember a rubber would be a nice start.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
Gem said:
If you want to be pro-abortion because you want to be able to get drunk and screw a stranger then thats your right...but saying that you should be able to kill a potential human because it might put a crimp in your lifestyle is self-indulgence at its worst.

We should be doing more for our children....not killing them because you were too drunk to remember a rubber would be a nice start.
A woman should be able to get an abortion for "ANY" reason she desires!!!!!!!!!!! They aren't "killing" anything, they are removing a growing cell inside their body. It isn't "children" until it is outside the body breathing on it's own. If a woman wants to put her body through it, she should be able to use abortion as birth control if she so desires because it's no ones business but hers. As stated before, if we would concentrate more on helping the living children, the world would be a lot better off.

Merlin said:
A woman should be able to get an abortion for "ANY" reason she desires!!!!!!!!!!! They aren't "killing" anything, they are removing a growing cell inside their body. It isn't "children" until it is outside the body breathing on it's own. If a woman wants to put her body through it, she should be able to use abortion as birth control if she so desires because it's no ones business but hers. As stated before, if we would concentrate more on helping the living children, the world would be a lot better off.

So all that separates a "fetus" from a human being is a couple inches of birth canal? Sorry, that ship doesn't sail. If I walk outside my house am I a different species than before? If a hospital patient gets put on a respirator, has he just undergone a metamorphosis?

A human is a human. Period. It is someone's business but hers. Why is crack cocain illegal? If a user wants to put his body through that, why does the state interfere? Don't act like the government regulating what you can and can't do with your body is anything new, because it isn't.

Forum List

Back