Dry run for new type of Terror Attack?

SFC Ollie

Still Marching
Oct 21, 2009
Extreme East Ohio
Cargo planes and trucks in several U.S. cities were inspected Friday after investigators found suspicious packages in at least two locations abroad, law enforcement sources with detailed knowledge of the investigation said.

U.S. officials believe that al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, commonly referred to as AQAP, is behind the plot.

story.suspicious.cargo2.uk.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/US/10/29/security.concern/story.suspicious.cargo2.uk.jpg

we are really lucky that terrorists are fairy incompetent or there would have been 4 recent terrorists attacks on the country all with high impact

we are really lucky that terrorists are fairy incompetent or there would have been 4 recent terrorists attacks on the country all with high impact

My worry is that every time they fail they learn from it. I hope we are also learning. Luck can't last.

Nope Not a dry run.

Suspicious packages found in at least two locations abroad that were bound for Jewish organizations in the United States "apparently contain explosive material," President Barack Obama said Friday, calling the discovery "a credible threat against our country."

The packages led to increased searches of cargo planes and trucks in several U.S. cities, said law enforcement sources with detailed knowledge of the investigation.

U.S. officials believe that al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, commonly referred to as AQAP, is behind the incident.

Obama confirmed that the packages originated in Yemen, the stronghold of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula.

Suspicious packages 'contain explosive material,' Obama says - CNN.com

Well..

There's another school of thought here.

The disruption itself costs big. And it's very cheap to set up these attacks.

Work or not..they are a big drain either way.

we inspect maybe 1/2 of 1% of materials shipped into the USA.
This was the result of a tip not due dilligence.

So right wingers are believing Obama on this? Strange...

LOL I believe there was an attempt, I believe that it failed. Because Obama had to announce it I believe he tried to make it political.

How much of what we hear is the total truth is a total different matter.

LOL I believe there was an attempt, I believe that it failed. Because Obama had to announce it I believe he tried to make it political.

I agree. We stopped several attempted attacks under Bush and I don't recall him making the announcements every time. Kudos to the Admin for not letting this attack get off. To bad Obama has to show once again how he is the king of playing politics. By using this incident to try and reassure people days before the Election. That his Admin is not the bunch of Boobs many of us think it is.

:)

Ahh, but it was all a dry run by a Western intelligance agency to test the ability to detect explosives, yet someone forgot to remove them from the planes. To coverup the mess they decide not to reveal the error and let people believe it was for real.

What a coincidence:

The state chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-MN) said recent Muslim profiling claims against the biggest carrier at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport call for an investigation of company policies, according to a news release.

Read more: Muslim group wants Delta investigation of religious profiling claims | Minneapolis

Awfully suspicious timing... :confused:

I agree. We stopped several attempted attacks under Bush and I don't recall him making the announcements every time. Kudos to the Admin for not letting this attack get off. To bad Obama has to show once again how he is the king of playing politics. By using this incident to try and reassure people days before the Election. That his Admin is not the bunch of Boobs many of us think it is.

What??

Bush took credit for "keeping us safe" after 9/11. Additionally..they were color coding fear annoucements almost monthly..and twice as hard before elections.

:cuckoo: Are you joking...remember those doofuses from Miami? It was handled as if the world was saved by the Bush Admin.

Nope, we're believing our security services, and the British security services. We're not dumb enough to trust a politician to tell us the time.

There was more to this than is being reported. Just sayin'.

Forum List

Back