Drunk drivers kill 35,000 more Americans every year....

I think it's about time for government mandated life insurance. Its time has come
I wonder how many of those killed by drunk drivers added to the trumped up statistics regarding people that died because they had no health insurance?

The death tolls by drunk drivers have always been high. So many families devastated by the NEEDLESS deaths of loved ones.

Why does it still continue? Could it be that the government allows this drug to be consumed en masse because they reap millions upon millions in taxes? Some have called it BLOOD MONEY in the past.

Maybe the penalties should be increased with mandatory jail sentences of 5-25 years for the first offense if a death or multiple deaths or serious injury occurs. No plea bargaining maybe one year mandatory jail for driving drunk without an incident. Anyone have any ideas?

Seems many things are illegal until the government see a profit in it. Like gambling, remember the 'numbers runners'? As I recall even slot machines were in some diners in Massachusetts in the 40's maybe early 50's.

OTHER COUNTRIES....

DUI Penalties Elsewhere
Exactly. It is a money game. Liquor licenses, court income, taxes...it all flows to the government.

We say it's illegal to drink and drive yet we permit consumption of alcohol at establishments with huge parking lots.

I wonder how many have died because of state run health insurance.

Heard about a woman who lost her unborn baby because a treatment she needed wouldn't cover her. She was 9 weeks pregnant and she had to be 12 for the benefits to kick in. In Canada they won't let you pay for it yourself.

Throw drunk drivers in GITMO! :rofl:

That's a great idea!

Wouldn't it then be a recruiting tool and cause more to go out - drink - drive thus raising the death toll by drunks higher?
(At least that's what we are told)

Maybe we should sentence GITMO detainees to being forced to drive on California highways.

If they survive they'll never go back to terrorism again.

No......the ACLU and the Attorney General would deem that cruel and unusual punishment.

Last edited:
Get in the car drunk, drive, and kill someone? Mandatory Life. No exceptions.

and just because we have more deaths by drunk drivers doesn't mean we should take our eyes and focus off Al Qaida.. they could top that in one day if we let them.. get a spine people.

I have a great idea.

Let's build a new racetrack for drunks. We'll get a government grant to build it and supply Free Booze. Name it whatever you want, I am not going to quote a brand name for it, we'll have a contest for that.

The let them go out, drink and race, and with luck eliminate themselves and save the lives of thousands while ridding us of people who have no regard for others. And the families of the drunks can get a tax deduction at the same time!

New businesses may sprout up, like the "Drunk in a Bottle" casket company. Get buried in your favorite 5th, labels included at no charge, also if you order now we'll include a digitally recorded message from the deceased drunk complete with slurring speech and the sounds of breaking glass and crunching metal.

As you can see I have no feelings for those who drive impaired with booze or drugs.

speaking of booze and drunks, remember the cure for crabs? (joke)
The old cure for crabs, get a bag of sand and a 5th of your favorite booze. Spread the sand evenly over your private area, then pour a few shots of booze into the sand. The crabs drink, get drunk, and stone themselves to death. Final step hose off and dry. Your cured. :lol:

.....than Al Qaeda.

How messed up are our priorities?

I think stupidity causes more death then anything.

Yeah poor diet/lifestyle or stupid chooses inevitably will catch up to most people. I do however feel that if youre in the United States and youre living in fear of a terrorist attack youve got a pretty misplaced and irrational fear when there are many much more likely threats that are overlooked.

.....than Al Qaeda.

How messed up are our priorities?

I think stupidity causes more death then anything.

Yeah poor diet/lifestyle or stupid chooses inevitably will catch up to most people. I do however feel that if youre in the United States and youre living in fear of a terrorist attack youve got a pretty misplaced and irrational fear when there are many much more likely threats that are overlooked.
I doubt anyone would argue your main point.

Last edited:
if youre in the United States and youre living in fear of a terrorist attack youve got a pretty misplaced and irrational fear when there are many much more likely threats that are overlooked.

I think I might go outside tomorrow then, but at least I've got an Internet connection here in the Y2K bunker.

The el salvadore penalty for DUI sounds about right.

It would eventually wean most of the alcoholic gene out of the pool.

Also a lot of stupid genes would go as well.

And who makes it harder to convict a drunk driver—the bleeding heart liberals:

Earlier this year, the ACLU issued a statement opposing the bill and saying unless there is an emergency, taking a person's blood should not be allowed without a warrant.

Recordpub.com - Repeat drunken drivers targeted New law focuses on test refusals, penalities

These people gave up their ‘rights’ the moment they got into a moving vehicle capable of taking out 10 lives or more at a time. They applied for a license and if they break the law while driving then they should have to submit to a test an officer feels necessary. Driving is a privilege NOT A RIGHT and I am sick to death of the freaking PC bullshit killing our citizens. The same way PC shit lead to Ft Hood—everyone too damned PC to say a damn thing about Hasan and stop him. I’ve lost innocent friends to DD and it sucks.

Forum List

Back