drugged through school

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
I saw a movie the other night where a young adult in therapy confesses that he has been medicated since he was 10 years old. It wasn't intended to be a comedy line. I wonder how many young adults have been living in a haze of personality altering prescription drugs since they were kids? Not every kid who is doped by the system turns out to be a killer but apparently every school shooter has been doped by prescription drugs and the media cooperates with the ministry of education and downplays the possible connection.

Is it possible that modern single mothers might resort to prescription drugs in order to deal with (normal?) adolescent behavior issues in their sons?

Actually Ritalin is good shit. On my weekends, I'd withhold his doses and pocket them for myself.
Thank goodness as he got older he took it upon himself to wean off and then quit taking it altogether.

The Wellbutrin son may still be taking it after 15 years. He says it helps him focus. Haven't talked to him about it in a while. He's 31 now.

How could kids possibly be worse off without medication? We don't even know the long term effects of a lifetime on personality altering drugs to the mind and even the body. Why not let a kid be a kid instead of a zombie?

Forum List

Back