Drug Testing For White House Press Corp

How much will it cost? You get all excited about Dems wasting money but Trump, nah you revel in the waste. $1 million a day for Melanie's to stay in NYC, suck it Dems.

No wonder you voted for the Golden Showers President. You're as stupid as he is.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

The DNC is responsible for Trump getting elected. Had the DNC not rigged it so Clinton would be the nominee, none of this would be happening.

That is unlawful search and seizure.

Nope, 'fraid not. They can refuse.
The press corp doesn't work for the white house. You don't require drug testing before entering a federal courthouse, or any other federal building. This would be illegal and a violation of privacy rights.

No, because it would be voluntary.
Drug testing the press corps as a condition of being in the press room is a violation of their constitutional right to privacy. This really gets no more basic than that.

Then is requiring a drug test for any employment a violation of privacy?
No, but the press corp does not work for the White House. They work for their respective media outlets.

That is unlawful search and seizure.

The press corp doesn't work for the white house. You don't require drug testing before entering a federal courthouse, or any other federal building. This would be illegal and a violation of privacy rights.

Drug testing the press corps as a condition of being in the press room is a violation of their constitutional right to privacy. This really gets no more basic than that.

Au contraire, the Secret Service determines who has access to the White House, and under what conditions, not media organizations.
So, how often and under what authority do they test for drugs from private citizens without a warrant? Sorry, but I'll stick with My principles of privacy over government overreach.

There was a time when conservatives and the GOP were against intrusive government and wanted a more limited government. I guess those days are gone now.

Then is requiring a drug test for any employment a violation of privacy?
No, but the press corp does not work for the White House. They work for their respective media outlets.

Thanks for clarifying, i agree with you on this.

Au contraire, the Secret Service determines who has access to the White House, and under what conditions, not media organizations.
So, how often and under what authority do they test for drugs from private citizens without a warrant?

They don't. In this case, they simply announce that to be included in the security sweep for access to the White House Press Corp room they must undergo a drug test.

An applicant for Press Secretary made the suggestion.

"He didn’t get the job..."

It was probably Joe Biden.

Last edited:
There was a time when conservatives and the GOP were against intrusive government and wanted a more limited government. I guess those days are gone now.

Yeah that went out the window when people started rolling over for this urine test bullshit. That was H.W. Bush that brought that in.

No its not. No one is forcing them to pee in a cup. They can choose to do it and keep their job, or they can refuse and lose their press credntials at the white house.

Anyone anywhere who pees in a fucking cup for a job is a sellout.
If enough people simply had the friggin' stones to just say no --- it would go away and stay away.
Have you contacted your Congressman to have all drug testing laws eliminated?

Already done. It's in the Fourth Amendment.
That is not relevant. FOCUS!

All truck drivers are drug tested, by Federal law.
I believe but not 100% certain...the Supreme Court Ruled that employers can request drug testing on a select group of employees for safety purposes, it has to be agreed to by existing employees and signed off on, and made clear upfront the precise drug testing policy for any new hires and also signed off on....at least in the private sector...at the corporation I last worked at, Managers, Directors, Vice presidents, President, and CEOs were not drug tested, clerical and other corp office positions were not drug tested either, BUT all the people who worked in our Distribution center, with all of the automated conveyor belts and manual equipment, and trucks/lifters to move goods and load goods on to trailers being shipped out....it was dangerous, and deemed necessary by our company for the safety of all distribution center employees, but they did not feel it was necessary for any of us that worked in Corporate headquarters...

Anyway, your comment on drug testing truck drivers with it being a Federal mandate of some sort.....they would have to be cross state lines truck drivers, where Feds through the Commerce Clause have the right to regulate commerce....and if it is Fed Law, it was probably ''sold'' on the ''safety'' aspect like my company with the Distribution Center, or Air Traffic Controllers at airports, or Pilots, where their job and their actions in their job, can harm or kill, other people...?

Having had one, I personally know that anyone who has a CDL is required to have random drug testing performed by their employers or, in the case of independent drivers, by themselves.

Awfully curious how the same people that jump up and down doing rhetorical handstands when they sense the slightest threat to the Second Amendment, then proceed to roll over like docile sheep when the threat is on the Fourth.

Forum List

Back