Drug test all persons living in Section-8 housing.

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
I have a wonderful solution that would fix a lot of our problems.

Government housing, aka Section-8 housing, is a problem. Of course, it's yet another failed government program. Those projects are run down with crime, drugs, prostitution, etc. All of those projects are under local police jurisdiction, and all fall under no trespassing codes for non-residents. Police can enforce it, since it is in fact government property.

So, I propose this: To be allowed on that property, as a resident or guest, one must obtain a pass from the Health Department showing a clean drug test within the past 60 days of being on the property.

If you want your friends to come over, they must submit to a drug test to get a pass. If you want to LIVE on that property, with rent subsidized by our tax dollars, you will be drug free. Every 60 days, new pass/permit issued. In fact, for permanent residents of the projects, I'd say every 30 days, and 60 days for guests.

First, that would lower the number of drugs in those projects, and hopefully get the drug users gone. If you can buy crack, you can afford another full-rent apartment and get off the government nipple.

So, thats all. I'm going to write my governor and senators to request that law be considered. Section-8 housing: All persons on property must have proof of recent clean drug test.

Government housing, aka Section-8 housing, is a problem. Of course, it's yet another failed government program. Those projects are run down with crime, drugs, prostitution, etc. All of those projects are under local police jurisdiction, and all fall under no trespassing codes for non-residents. Police can enforce it, since it is in fact government property.

So, I propose this: To be allowed on that property, as a resident or guest, one must obtain a pass from the Health Department showing a clean drug test within the past 60 days of being on the property.

If you want your friends to come over, they must submit to a drug test to get a pass. If you want to LIVE on that property, with rent subsidized by our tax dollars, you will be drug free. Every 60 days, new pass/permit issued. In fact, for permanent residents of the projects, I'd say every 30 days, and 60 days for guests.

First, that would lower the number of drugs in those projects, and hopefully get the drug users gone. If you can buy crack, you can afford another full-rent apartment and get off the government nipple.

So, thats all. I'm going to write my governor and senators to request that law be considered. Section-8 housing: All persons on property must have proof of recent clean drug test.

why do you hate america?

Great idea. Pay $700 every month to test each Section 8 resident.
Hair follicle testing costs that and more.
All other drug testing is unreliable and can be beat with a $8 kit at the health food store.
How about getting these folks and their kids off of prescription pills. That is costing Medicaid hundreds of billions.
Fat chance with that. Doctors peddle that dope and country club memberships are not cheap.

Hmmm ... those housing projects pretty much have a drug-free zone policy anyway with tenant expulsion as one of the consequences. Section 8 housing is generally privately owned properties that the landlord is willing to rent to qualified Section 8 tenants. Maybe drug-free requirements could be a part of the deal on those.

So your answer to a government caused problem is more goverenment?
That doesn't make any sense.

Absolutely!

Anyone who chooses to live in such opulence should show a modicum of respect for "compassionate conservatives" (from whom all such bounty flows), and learn to live by their *rules.

*Please check, daily. Changes dependent-upon prime-interest-rate, election wins/losses and whether-or-not their wife kicked-their-ass, recently.

Last edited:

Yeah, yeah.....and NEXT we can name each one of these housing projects after your favorite GULAG, Stalag or concentration camp!!

Forum List

Back