Drug laws: We should follow Portugal's lead

I mind paying for anyone's anything that they DO to themselves. Please feel free to drink, smoke, shoot up or what ever it is that you like to do, so long as you keep it to your self and don't involve others.

That means you dont drink or use and drive killing others. It means your not robbing people for money to pay for your drug habbit. It means that if its killing you so sorry please die quietly.

Get it? If people want rehab then they can damn well pay for it themselves. However putting them in jail will do just about the same thing as rehab. You dry out. Its just not so cushy and plush as a rehab. Jail is something to avoid unlike rehab.

So you don't mind paying for someone to live in prison?

If they committed a crime I wand them in jail forever. That being said I dont want to spend 49,000 a year on them. I mind very much that my money is being used to keep prisoners in comfort. I think prisoners need to PAY for their own incarnation.

who is going to pay to build those state prisons and county jails? How about the cops? Or the PA's? or public defenders?
How about the appeals courts?

YOu do realize how much money would be saved if we ended the War on Drugs, and just paid for rehab instead of prison right?
Plus we would probably save billions on sending marijuana users to rehab, because the most of the time they only go because the court makes them.
And FYI, you already pay for people to go to rehab, along with paying for people to be in jail and prison.

Why should I pay for any of it? You want it legalized, fine. Personally, my view is that we only have dealers because we have users.... and users make choices.... so, users should fund their own damned rehab.... and, they should fund the prison places for the dealers. I should not have to pay for the stupidity of others. Make your life choices and accept the consequences.

If you legalized marijuana for example, we wouldn't have dealers. ;)
You can sell it at the store, put an age limit on it, and use the tax dollars to pay for rehab. :D

If people would stop using.... I wouldn't have to pay for rehab, or new laws to legalize it, or dealers prison time, or any other shit that I should not have to pay for.

Honestly, I don't care... use it if you want to - but users should be meeting the cost of their addition - not me. You use, you pay for your dealers' time, your rehab, or whatever else. Your habit should not impact on me.

why in the world would you legalize a harmful substance and then force those who don't use drugs to fund your treatment centers? If you want to committ suicide have at it. JUst don't make me pay to watch.

YOu do realize how much money would be saved if we ended the War on Drugs, and just paid for rehab instead of prison right?
Plus we would probably save billions on sending marijuana users to rehab, because the most of the time they only go because the court makes them.
And FYI, you already pay for people to go to rehab, along with paying for people to be in jail and prison.

Luissa,, with all due respect.. "this we can't do it cause it's too expensive" argument is getting old.. That didn't stop you guys from ramming health care down our throats, now you use it to legalize drugs?? I don't buy it. I will never be in favor of legalizing harmful drugs and then opting to pay for rehab. That is just plain stupid. We can't send illegals home cause it would cost too much, we can't build a wall cause it would cost too much.. and on and on and on. I don't want drug pushers pushing drugs on my kids or my grandkids.. you need to take a good long look at your little boy and ask yourself if you want his brain fried on drugs.. you should come up with a resounding NO.
this country is messed up when we make cigarette smokers socially unacceptable, then turn around and make marijuana and cocaine legal,, you gonna let the marijuana smokers smoke in your presence??

Besides impairing your driving skills, which those laws should stay the same, how is marijuana really harmful? You can't overdose on it, no one has gotten lung cancer from it, and they have proven it doesn't kill brain cells, it isn't addicting, and it has medical uses.
And you guys bitch about the health care bill, while having no problem funding the War on Drugs that is doing nothing. Please show since Nixon started in the 60's how the drug problem has gotten better? Oh! Wait, you can't because it has gotten a 100 times worse.:cuckoo:

So you don't mind paying for someone to live in prison?

If they committed a crime I wand them in jail forever. That being said I dont want to spend 49,000 a year on them. I mind very much that my money is being used to keep prisoners in comfort. I think prisoners need to PAY for their own incarnation.

who is going to pay to build those state prisons and county jails? How about the cops? Or the PA's? or public defenders?
How about the appeals courts?

You pay for them. Without you, we wouldn't need the damed prison places, cops, PAs or public defenders. Your life choice - I support your right to choose.... how about you supporting my right not to be affected by your choices.

why in the world would you legalize a harmful substance and then force those who don't use drugs to fund your treatment centers? If you want to committ suicide have at it. JUst don't make me pay to watch.

Why should I pay for any of it? You want it legalized, fine. Personally, my view is that we only have dealers because we have users.... and users make choices.... so, users should fund their own damned rehab.... and, they should fund the prison places for the dealers. I should not have to pay for the stupidity of others. Make your life choices and accept the consequences.

Oops.. that would make the Republicans!

Luissa,, with all due respect.. "this we can't do it cause it's too expensive" argument is getting old.. That didn't stop you guys from ramming health care down our throats, now you use it to legalize drugs?? I don't buy it. I will never be in favor of legalizing harmful drugs and then opting to pay for rehab. That is just plain stupid. We can't send illegals home cause it would cost too much, we can't build a wall cause it would cost too much.. and on and on and on. I don't want drug pushers pushing drugs on my kids or my grandkids.. you need to take a good long look at your little boy and ask yourself if you want his brain fried on drugs.. you should come up with a resounding NO.
this country is messed up when we make cigarette smokers socially unacceptable, then turn around and make marijuana and cocaine legal,, you gonna let the marijuana smokers smoke in your presence??

Besides impairing your driving skills, which those laws should stay the same, how is marijuana really harmful? You can't overdose on it, no one has gotten lung cancer from it, and they have proven it doesn't kill brain cells, it isn't addicting, and it has medical uses.
And you guys bitch about the health care bill, while having no problem funding the War on Drugs that is doing nothing. Please show since Nixon started in the 60's how the drug problem has gotten better? Oh! Wait, you can't because it has gotten a 100 times worse.:cuckoo:

well heroin has medicinal uses too, we gonna legalize that for street use next? you are so desperate for money you would turn drugs on your children? that's really sad, and before you say "not my child" remember, everyone is someone's child. I think we have proven here that Republicans are indeed more compassionate than libruls..

Denial, it ain't just de river in Egypt. You're like a smoker justifying your addiction.... EU studies show very strong evidence that it can trigger mental illness. There is an increasing amount of research supporting that... ignore it if you want but please don't pretend it's harmless. It isn't. It affects some and not others. Your risk and I support your right to take that risk if you want to.... Kindly support my right not to have to fund the consequences.

You can sell it at the store, put an age limit on it, and use the tax dollars to pay for rehab. :D

where is the logic in legalizing a substance that requires rehab?

I'm okay with not paying for rehab...we don't pay for alcoholics' rehab, do we? I think this is a totally separate issue than the issue of decriminalizing drugs.

well heroin has medicinal uses too, we gonna legalize that for street use next? you are so desperate for money you would turn drugs on your children? that's really sad, and before you say "not my child" remember, everyone is someone's child. I think we have proven here that Republicans are indeed more compassionate than libruls..

We already have, it is called oxy cotin.
My friend got oxy cotin for a back injury, got addicted, and then turned to heroin because it was cheapers.
And how exactly have you proven republican are more compassionate?
If you legalize drugs, it will be harder for children to get. In high school I could get pot a lot easier than alcohol. My dealer didn't card me.

I'm okay with not paying for rehab...we don't pay for alcoholics' rehab, do we? I think this is a totally separate issue than the issue of decriminalizing drugs.

We do!
My kids dad quit his job went to DSHS, they paid for his rehab, and his rent when he got out. ;)

where is the logic in legalizing a substance that requires rehab?

Look at the studies, people usually only to rehab for pot if they are forced to. It is habit forming, not addictive. ;)

Denial, it ain't just de river in Egypt. You're like a smoker justifying your addiction.... EU studies show very strong evidence that it can trigger mental illness. There is an increasing amount of research supporting that... ignore it if you want but please don't pretend it's harmless. It isn't. It affects some and not others. Your risk and I support your right to take that risk if you want to.... Kindly support my right not to have to fund the consequences.

HOw about you show us those studies? And the only proof they have is in teenagers, when mental illness usually start to present signs anyways, so it really isn't any proof at all. It is like saying vaccines cause autism, when reality you are just getting vaccines when you would start to show signs of autism anyways.
And I am not addicted to pot, I haven't smoked in a week, I didn't have withdrawls, and I didn't have any cravings. I also know for a fact you drink wine, which is actually addicting.

My friend got oxy cotin for a back injury, got addicted, and then turned to heroin because it was cheapers.
If you legalize drugs, it will be harder for children to get. In high school I could get pot a lot easier than alcohol. My dealer didn't card me.

cause we don't want to legalize and subject the kids to the hell that is drug addiction.

Actually I do have a problem with how much money we spend on the war on drugs, externally that is.

Im thinking a bullet at the border is a much cheaper solution.

Money spent on drug rehab is well worth it.

Yes, it is. But, since I don't do drugs, I have no need of rehab. Fund your own treatment. Because, food is also money well spent... do you want me to pay for your shopping? Clothes are vital... perhaps I should pay for those too? How about a roof over your head? Yep, need one of those... so, clearly I should be paying your rent too.

Alternatively, you could do like I do.... MAKE BETTER CHOICES and STOP expecting someone else to bail you out.
Rush Limbaugh could not have said it better. He pays for his own drugs.:razz:

cause we don't want to legalize and subject the kids to the hell that is drug addiction.

:lol: You think it being illegal is stopping them from doing it?
Like I said, NO DRUG DEALER WILL CARD YOU!

Forum List

Back