Drug addicts can get sterilized for cash

but i guess you are right...it should be extended to republicans.

I must admit that I laughed out loud when I saw this post, as liberals have always championed eugenics, and doing away with folks they didn't agree with.

Here's hoping your post was tongue in cheek.
Is it not also eugenics to support public policy that keeps people in poverty and the infant mortality rate high?

Some folks might try to re-jigger the meaning of the term to encompass some imaginary "public policy that keeps people in poverty and the infant mortality rate high" but I believe you would be hard pressed to defend that position. Is that what 'it should be extended to republicans' implied?

Let's begin with the definition. The primary blurring is in ignoring the meaning of the term ‘eugenics:’ the use of state power to improve the racial, genetic, or biological health of the community.

If you believe in taking the lives of indivicuals to the purposes of the above, then you believe in eugenics. I think that

If, as in the OP, emoluments are provided to entice folks into making their own decisions, then "the use of state power" in the sense of force is not being used, then one could say that it is not a eugenic program.

Speak of implications, are you laboring (pun intended) under the misaprehension that the US has high infant mortality?

If so, it is because you have not looked into the matter.

While 40% of America’s infant mortality rate is due to reporting of infants who die on the day of their birth, many countries don’t register such deaths at all. Other countries require specific size (Switzerland, 30 cm) and weights (Austria and Germany, 500 gms) to be listed as having been born.
Bernadine Healy, M.D.: Behind the baby count - US News and World Report
Rarely reported in comparing infant mortality rates it the negative effect of “very pre-term” babies, whose death rate is far higher than full term. When comparing the US infant mortality rate to such category-stars as in this NYTimes report of 11/4/09:
“If the United States could match Sweden’s prematurity rate, the new report said, “nearly 8,000 infant deaths would be averted each year, and the U.S. infant mortality rate would be one-third lower.”

We find the usual anti-US slant of the Times, in not mentioning that race is the reason:

“The use of this example highlights to disingenuousness of the authors. In their supposedly “detailed” report on infant mortality, they fail to analyze the most important detail: race. Unfortunately, African descent is a major risk factor for prematurity, and prematurity is a major cause of infant mortality. Therefore, it is hardly surprising that the US has a higher infant mortality rate than Sweden. The US has the highest proportion of women of African descent of any first world country. Sweden, of course, has virtually none. So our higher rate of infant mortality does not reflect poor medical care. It reflects factors beyond the control of doctors. Race is an uncontrollable factor; obstetricians and pediatricians have no control over assisted reproductive techniques. In fact, the data actually show obstetricians and pediatricians do a remarkable job of ensuring infant health.”

Infant mortality report neglects the most important detail - AmyTuteurMD - Open Salon

One factor contributing to the U.S.'s infant mortality rate is that blacks have intractably high infant mortality rates -- irrespective of age, education, socioeconomic status and so on. No one knows why.

Neither medical care nor discrimination can explain it: Hispanics in the U.S. have lower infant mortality rates than either blacks or whites. Give Switzerland or Japan our ethnically diverse population and see how they stack up on infant mortality rates.
A Statistical Analysis of Maritime Unemployment Rates, 1946-1948. Just Kidding, More Liberal Lies About National Healthcare! - HUMAN EVENTS

Why not expand this program to a broader base of generally incompetent people? People who sit around on their fat asses collecting welfare, drinking slurpies, and getting fat, to start with. Why limit it to drug addicts?

Why stop there?

Of course the payment is too low, but it might behoove us to make it worth peoples' while to get sterilized.

And while we're playing GOD why not pay truly genetically gifted people to have more children, too?

Of course the problem, as aways, is who gets to decide?

Why not expand this program to a broader base of generally incompetent people? People who sit around on their fat asses collecting welfare, drinking slurpies, and getting fat, to start with. Why limit it to drug addicts?
Let's expand it further to the people with the means to support hordes of children but are still too selfish to consider how they are adding to over population and the destruction of the environment and their children's future.

If people are having children voluntarily, are capable of making a living and planning for the future, most likely they will not voluntarily participate in a paid sterilization program.

That is one hell of a bargain.
Sure, if you're a guy. They should pay women more since the procedure is invasive.

And, because women have the wombs. You can't fix every dog in the neighborhood, better to get the bitches spayed to prevent unwanted litters. :lol:

but i guess you are right...it should be extended to republicans.

I must admit that I laughed out loud when I saw this post, as liberals have always championed eugenics, and doing away with folks they didn't agree with.

Here's hoping your post was tongue in cheek.
Is it not also eugenics to support public policy that keeps people in poverty and the infant mortality rate high?

"... public policy that keeps people in poverty ..."

"The CBO results don't fit the prevailing media stereotype of the U.S. economy as a richer take all affair -- which may explain why you haven't read about them. Among all families with children, the poorest fifth had the fastest overall earnings growth over the 15 years measured. (See the nearby chart.) The poorest even had higher earnings growth than the richest 20%. The earnings of these poor households are about 80% higher today than in the early 1990s."
The Poor Get Richer - WSJ.com

More than three-quarters of those working Americans whose incomes were in the bottom 20 percent in 1975 were also in the top 40 percent of income earners at some point by 1991, says Sowell.
Source: Thomas Sowell, "How Media Misuse Income Data To Match Their Preconceptions," Investor's Business Daily, January 12, 2010.
For text:
How Media Misuse Income Data To Match Their Preconceptions - IBD - Investors.com

It does appear CRACK is taking advantage of people at their point. Some crackheads can kick it and have good lives after that.

However during the crackhead's using life many are prostitutes spreading disease and yes have crack-babies. Both are regrettable, but sterilization is only prevents crack babies. $300 to give up having babies is peanuts. Crackheads aren't thinking about the future, they are thinking about the here and now.

I personally believe this is evil-atheist liberalism!

me..i think anyone who wants to be sterilized should be done for free..what the hell...it costs a lot less than foster care for unwanted kids....and it doesnt fuel the abortion business

is this real? I hope it is and hopefully more of these places pop up all across the country.

personal responsibility based eugenics should be used on all people

me..i think anyone who wants to be sterilized should be done for free..what the hell...it costs a lot less than foster care for unwanted kids....and it doesnt fuel the abortion business

Heck I'd take it one step further and offer a bonus.

It's not as if we humanoids are any kind of endangered species list.

personal responsibility based eugenics should be used on all people

Lobotomies, low cost but effective. Cash or credit only.

iStock_000001661919Small%20Hammer%20and%20Nail.JPG

And while we're playing GOD why not pay truly genetically gifted people to have more children, too?
That is not a bad idea! I would be rich with 100s of heirs! :lol:

We should also fine to the teeth genetically inferior people when having kids, that way Shogun, P F Titmore, Ravi, Del, Kalam, BluBalls, Freeman and Shoreline won't have any kids. :lol:

Why stop there?

Of course the payment is too low, but it might behoove us to make it worth peoples' while to get sterilized.

Of course the problem, as aways, is who gets to decide?

because who says genetically gifted people will be good parents? people on crack have 0% chance of being a good parent, while rich people have at least some chance, but its certainly not guaranteed

That is not a bad idea! I would be rich with 100s of heirs! :lol:

We should also fine to the teeth genetically inferior people when having kids, that way Shogun, P F Titmore, Ravi, Del, Kalam, BluBalls, Freeman and Shoreline won't have any kids. :lol:

insanely egotistic and vengeful probably isn't on the list of desirable traits

Forum List

Back