Drudge Report Fooled By Fake Story About Bloomberg Being Denied Pizza

"since March" eh? "assimilated" is EXACTLY what you are, to the USMB eXtreme rw bunch :rofl:

You also think I forgot about your meltdown just the other day :eusa_eh: :eusa_hand:

Oh no another rabbid RW who thinks for himself.......God help us....

You'll notice that I called it fake in that thread.....so fuck off....you believe anything with the huff po and daily kos.......hell you believe Bush caused Katrina......

I think Boomberg is going to succeed in unseating some/many of the people who obstructed/voted against universal b/g checks

I think Boomberg is going to succeed in unseating some/many of the people who voted against universal b/g checks

Bloomburg can fuck off.....Rudy got the crime down in New York by incarcerating people and not by taking guns........Bloomberg is a clown....

The Drudge Report was fooled by a fake story about Mayor Bloomberg being denied pizza on Friday morning.

The website picked up a piece by the Daily Currant which said that Bloomberg "was denied a second slice of pizza" at a Brooklyn restaurant in retaliation for his soda ban. The Daily Currant, however, is a satirical website.

The Drudge Report splashed a photo of Bloomberg eating a slice of pizza with the headline "No Pizza For You!" before taking it down moments later.

The site isn't the first to be fooled by "The Daily Currant." The Currant's fake report about Paul Krugman going bankrupt was picked up by Breitbart. Its version of events had the Nobel Prize-winning econominst racking up bills on his American Express black card at Tiffany's, and buying rare Portuguese wines and 19th century English cloth.

I put this in politics because I think it's an example of a bigger problem. Studies have show that people will gravitate toward information sources that confirm their beliefs or preconceived notions about an issue.

This is extremely dangerous to us as a society-- especially when an unstable fringe element (readers of Drudge or Breitbart) go to a completely unreliable source for what seems like a daily dose of hate and fear-mongering. Drudge and Co. have built a business up around the notion that sick and angry people need to be reassured all their rage is not impotent, and that they're not alone.

The fact that Alex Jones and Limbaugh have a following, a loyal audience, tells us that sick people want to feel part of a group--thus making them feel more "normal".

What goes on at the fringes of our American political spectrum is not normal at all.

Look at what happened when CNN got the facts wrong about the bombing suspect being captured. They were raked over the coals. But these popular fringe websites have not ethics or accountability.

Drudge is a news aggregate. That's all.

Breaks links to other news sources . Matt does not make up the news. Matt does not editorialize the news. Matt never pretends he is the news.

Matt just brings you the links to the news.

If you don't like it. Tough shit. You just keep hanging out at HuffPo. Play around at the little pieces of shit you have like Mother Jones and wank off.

Last edited:

The Drudge Report was fooled by a fake story about Mayor Bloomberg being denied pizza on Friday morning.

The website picked up a piece by the Daily Currant which said that Bloomberg "was denied a second slice of pizza" at a Brooklyn restaurant in retaliation for his soda ban. The Daily Currant, however, is a satirical website.

The Drudge Report splashed a photo of Bloomberg eating a slice of pizza with the headline "No Pizza For You!" before taking it down moments later.

The site isn't the first to be fooled by "The Daily Currant." The Currant's fake report about Paul Krugman going bankrupt was picked up by Breitbart. Its version of events had the Nobel Prize-winning econominst racking up bills on his American Express black card at Tiffany's, and buying rare Portuguese wines and 19th century English cloth.

I put this in politics because I think it's an example of a bigger problem. Studies have show that people will gravitate toward information sources that confirm their beliefs or preconceived notions about an issue.

This is extremely dangerous to us as a society-- especially when an unstable fringe element (readers of Drudge or Breitbart) go to a completely unreliable source for what seems like a daily dose of hate and fear-mongering. Drudge and Co. have built a business up around the notion that sick and angry people need to be reassured all their rage is not impotent, and that they're not alone.

The fact that Alex Jones and Limbaugh have a following, a loyal audience, tells us that sick people want to feel part of a group--thus making them feel more "normal".

What goes on at the fringes of our American political spectrum is not normal at all.

Look at what happened when CNN got the facts wrong about the bombing suspect being captured. They were raked over the coals. But these popular fringe websites have not ethics or accountability.

Sadly I must agree with you, in as much as those of the Left that strictly read the Lame Stream Media and Left wing blog lies and then claim that they are true. Just how many of those edited lies do you claim as true? We all noticed that you only chose to mention Alex Jones and Limbaugh. Where are the wrong and false accusations that have been posted by CBS, Media Matters, Daily Kos, etc.? Have you found one real instance of Tea Party violence in all the tripe spewed by the Left?

Last edited:
He who worked in the gift shop at CBS in Hollywood, Drudge began sending gossip emails to friends.

Forum List

Back