DRUDGE.com HEADLINE - CIVIL WAR: SENATE TO GO FOR HANDGUNS

that shooting is actually a really good example of why guns on teachers would be a bad idea. the already arrested shooter took the weapon off a trained police officer and shot other armed police officers with it. think a high school or even junior high kid might be able to do the same to an untrained teacher?
You'll have to remind me...who's advocating untrained teachers be allowed to carry?

Oh, yes -- no one.

those teachers will never have the training a police officer would - and by necessity they will be in close proximity to students and won't have their guard up.

does that really sound like a good idea to you?

why can't teachers be as handy with a firearm as a cop?

PS in the school district i work there is a cop in every school.

I still don't really feel safe.

those teachers will never have the training a police officer would - and by necessity they will be in close proximity to students and won't have their guard up.

Then you support having police officers stationed in every school?

aren't they in most already?

and i have no problem with that.
Most? I really doubt it. There are no police assigned to the schools in my county.

You'll have to remind me...who's advocating untrained teachers be allowed to carry?

Oh, yes -- no one.

it's not their proficiency with the gun that concerns me.

it's not their proficiency with the gun that concerns me.

it's not your concern, or lack thereof, that concerns me :D

Forum List

Back