Drudge/CNN: Romney Rumors Return

Super_Lantern

VIP Member
Jun 2, 2013
Tonight on the Drudge Report there are two articles discussing the dissatisfaction of the current climate of the GOP 2016 primary and rumors that donors are hoping Mitt will jump in:
Mitt Romney & 2016 Campaign -- Some Donors Still Pine for Mitt Romney | National Review Online
Will Mitt Romney Jump In?

CNN has been saying their sources are giving them similar information:

"He's very surprised that Jeb Bush hasn't got a lot of traction," said Costa. "He thought Jeb would be better at this point. He also thinks the race doesn't really start until January and February."

"In terms of ruling out a run, he's not running. But he thinks the race begins in January and February, and he's watching it very closely, and people just kept telling me the same thing -- he's keeping an eye on it."

GOP establishment plans Trump takedown - CNNPolitics.com

Vindicated on foreign policy, major improvements in his image and likability, the wanted-man during the 2014 election.

With so many unexpected things happening this year:

- Little interest for Jeb
- The "real conservatives" looking like by-the-numbers-bygones (and Cruz/Huckabee becoming Trump's lapdogs ;))
- Sincere enthusiasm for Biden over Hillary (Biden even has the president's blessing on this!)
- Sanders' and Trump's success

who knows? If it's Romney vs. Biden, or Romney vs. Sanders, I think that is winnable for the GOP. Hillary's battle is the primary. If she survives that, she wins the general election. Probably why the DNC is being so protective of her

Trump hates Romney. Not sure how a 3rd party run from Trump would be avoided if Romney steps in.

Last edited:
Tonight on the Drudge Report there are two articles discussing the dissatisfaction of the current climate of the GOP 2016 primary and rumors that donors are hoping Mitt will jump in:
Mitt Romney & 2016 Campaign -- Some Donors Still Pine for Mitt Romney | National Review Online

"He's very surprised that Jeb Bush hasn't got a lot of traction," said Costa. "He thought Jeb would be better at this point. He also thinks the race doesn't really start until January and February."

"In terms of ruling out a run, he's not running. But he thinks the race begins in January and February, and he's watching it very closely, and people just kept telling me the same thing -- he's keeping an eye on it."

Vindicated on foreign policy, major improvements in his image and likability, the wanted-man during the 2014 election.

- The "real conservatives" looking like by-the-numbers-bygones (and Cruz/Huckabee becoming Trump's lapdogs ;))
- Sincere enthusiasm for Biden over Hillary (Biden even has the president's blessing on this!)

who knows? If it's Romney vs. Biden, or Romney vs. Sanders, I think that is winnable for the GOP. Hillary's battle is the primary. If she survives that, she wins the general election. Probably why the DNC is being so protective of her

Trump hates Romney. Not sure how a 3rd party run from Trump would be avoided if Romney steps in.

Well, with some of the "lesser talent" dropping out, there'll be some elbow room in the clown car for one more looser!

Well, with some of the "lesser talent" dropping out, there'll be some elbow room in the clown car for one more looser!
You spelled 'loser' wrong while trying to use the word to belittle others! OH MAN! WHAT AN IDIOT! Another useless user to throw on the ol' ignore list :laugh:

You spelled 'loser' wrong while trying to use the word to belittle others! OH MAN! WHAT AN IDIOT! Another useless user to throw on the ol' ignore list :laugh:

OUH THE FUCKING WHORER FO IT! GOT COUGHT BI DA LURKING SPEL CHECKKER!

Yeah, you're relevant!

Romney needs to run again. It'd be a slam dunk.
Yeah... for the Democrats.

If the Pubs want to lose, they should run Romney again.

They're almost as foolish as the Dems this time around.

So why not just cut their throats (metaphorically, in a political sense) and get it over with.

Romney needs to run again. It'd be a slam dunk.
Yeah... for the Democrats.

If the Pubs want to lose, they should run Romney again.

They're almost as foolish as the Dems this time around.

So why not just cut their throats (metaphorically, in a political sense) and get it over with.

You're a scared little libtard bitch. You were scared in 2012. You're no less scared now.

...You're a scared little libtard bitch. You were scared in 2012. You're no less scared now.
I'm a Liberal?

giphy.gif

News to me, and worthy of a good laugh from many of the real Liberals around here.

Here...

Something I posted less than 30 minutes ago...

Panic in Trumpland as Carson ties him in Iowa poll | Page 5 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Does that look like something that a LIberal would post?

Ream 'em and weep.

No... YOUR trouble, Princess, is that you have an idea stuck in your head, that Mister Forty-Seven Percent... Mittens... is still viable.

He's not.

God forbid, anybody point that out, and intrude upon your delusional state.

I'm going you a favor, reminding you of the broader Reality of the outside world, before you go making another stupid mistake.

But... it is the Fate of Men, that they do not learn from their past.

Go ahead... run Mister Most-Boring-Candidate-Since-Calvin-Coolidge again... and see what happens.

Last edited:
...You're a scared little libtard bitch. You were scared in 2012. You're no less scared now.
I'm a Liberal?

giphy.gif

News to me, and worthy of a good laugh from many of the real Liberals around here.

Here...

Panic in Trumpland as Carson ties him in Iowa poll | Page 5 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Ream 'em and weep.

No... YOUR trouble, Princess, is that you have an idea stuck in your head, that Mister Forty-Seven Percent... Mittens... is still viable.

He's not.

I'm going you a favor, reminding you of the broader Reality of the outside world, before you go making another stupid mistake.

Go ahead... run Mister Most-Boring-Candidate-Since-Calvin-Coolidge again... and see what happens.

Sorry...read you as Kondradv or whatever his name is....
If you're calling Mitt, Mittens, that is a libtard thing to do. And Romney wasn't exactly wrong about the 47 percent thing. We do have a nation of moochers. All the same, he's a leader who gets sh** done and who has mass appeal.

I'm a Liberal?

giphy.gif

Here...

Ream 'em and weep.

He's not.

If you're calling Mitt, Mittens, that is a libtard thing to do. And Romney wasn't exactly wrong about the 47 percent thing. We do have a nation of moochers. All the same, he's a leader who gets sh** done and who has mass appeal.
Noted...

No problem...

And, I'm a Centrist... an Independent who believes that both sides have a piece of the answer, but not all - that the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

McCain was a disaster.

Romney was a disaster.

Calling Romney 'Mittens' is not a 'libtard' thing to do... it's a 'disgusted' thing to do.

'Disgusted' - as in, the Republicans needed somebody far better than Mister Tan-Man up for the Presidency, in order to beat Obumble.

'Disgusted' - as in, he foolishly allowed himself to be caught, making disparaging remarks about 47% of the people in the country.

What you don't seem to understand is that it's not about being right or wrong about the 47%...

It's about having the sense God gave an ant, to keep your mouth shut about the 47%, until you were safely in power...

Even when you're in a reasonably 'safe' setting such as a fundraiser in a room full of supposedly sympathetic ears...

He didn't even have the common sense to do that much...

He failed the Discretion Test, so, he failed the Electorate Test.

He was also about as inspiring and motivating as Calvin Coolidge.

'Mittens', indeed... fumble-fingers.

Keep your boy out of the race, unless you're intentionally trying to inject a metaphorical Poison Pill into the waters...

America doesn't need any more family dynasties for a while... no more Clintons or Bushes or Kennedys or Romneys etc, etc, etc...

And it doesn't need retread-losers trying for a second grab at The Ring...

Last edited:
I'm a Liberal?

giphy.gif

Here...

Ream 'em and weep.

He's not.

Noted...

No problem...

And, I'm a Centrist... an Independent who believes that both sides have a piece of the answer, but not all - that the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

McCain was a disaster.

Romney was a disaster.

Calling Romney 'Mittens' is not a 'libtard' thing to do... it's a 'disgusted' thing to do.

'Disgusted' - as in, the Republicans needed somebody far better than Mister Tan-Man up for the Presidency, in order to beat Obumble.

'Disgusted' - as in, he foolishly allowed himself to be caught, making disparaging remarks about 47% of the people in the country.

What you don't seem to understand is that it's not about being right or wrong about the 47%...

It's about having the sense God gave an ant, to keep your mouth shut about the 47%, until you were safely in power...

Even when you're in a reasonably 'safe' setting such as a fundraiser in a room full of supposedly sympathetic ears...

He didn't even have the common sense to do that much...

He failed the Discretion Test, so, he failed the Electorate Test.

He was also about as inspiring and motivating as Calvin Coolidge.

'Mittens', indeed... fumble-fingers.

Keep your boy out of the race, unless you're intentionally trying to inject a metaphorical Poison Pill into the waters...

America doesn't need any more family dynasties for a while... no more Clintons or Bushes or Kennedys or Romneys etc, etc, etc...

And it doesn't need retread-losers trying for a second grab at The Ring...

"You didn't build that!"

Don't tell me that 2012 was about a gaffe. At least Romney's gaffe was true. He did make a couple mistakes though. He never called out Obama on his corruption, and he didn't go full speed after the first debate. And as an abstract, he never did anything before, during, or after about Obama's ballot box stuffing. None of this makes Romney not qualified to lead though. He's arguably the most desired politician in America right now. Republicans should be over-joyed about that despite all the negativity that people like you are perpetuating.

..."You didn't build that!" Don't tell me that 2012 was about a gaffe. At least Romney's gaffe was true. He did make a couple mistakes though. He never called out Obama on his corruption, and he didn't go full speed after the first debate. And as an abstract, he never did anything before, during, or after about Obama's ballot box stuffing. None of this makes Romney not qualified to lead though. He's arguably the most desired politician in America right now. Republicans should be over-joyed about that despite all the negativity that people like you are perpetuating.
You are obviously a Romney fan, and, therefore, cannot see past your own bias, so...

You go right ahead and run Romney, if you want to rack-up another mark in the Loss column...

You've been warned... my own Due Diligence on the subject has been honorably performed.

..."You didn't build that!" Don't tell me that 2012 was about a gaffe. At least Romney's gaffe was true. He did make a couple mistakes though. He never called out Obama on his corruption, and he didn't go full speed after the first debate. And as an abstract, he never did anything before, during, or after about Obama's ballot box stuffing. None of this makes Romney not qualified to lead though. He's arguably the most desired politician in America right now. Republicans should be over-joyed about that despite all the negativity that people like you are perpetuating.
You are obviously a Romney fan, and, therefore, cannot see past your own bias, so...

You go right ahead and run Romney, if you want to rack-up another mark in the Loss column...

You've been warned... my own Due Diligence on the subject has been honorably performed.

You are obviously a Romney detractor, and therefore, cannot see past your own bias, so...

You go right ahead and bash Romney, if you want to lose another election.

Romney promised to get unemployment down to 6.5% by 2016.

Obama got it down to 5.4% in 2014.

Romney promised to get unemployment down to 6.5% by 2016.

Obama got it down to 5.4% in 2014.

According to the fake numbers. Meanwhile, real numbers say unemployment is up, median income is down, stocks are down and insurance premiums are skyrocketing. As well, Obama managed to double the deficit despite pledges to the contrary. I could go on; but we get the point; that you and Obama are phonies.

"You didn't build that!"

Don't tell me that 2012 was about a gaffe. At least Romney's gaffe was true. He did make a couple mistakes though. He never called out Obama on his corruption, and he didn't go full speed after the first debate. And as an abstract, he never did anything before, during, or after about Obama's ballot box stuffing. None of this makes Romney not qualified to lead though. He's arguably the most desired politician in America right now. Republicans should be over-joyed about that despite all the negativity that people like you are perpetuating.

Romney was everyone's LEAST favorite candidate except for the bed wetters. He never had a majority of the base support. Every other republicrat got picked off by the media one by one until romney was simply the last one standing. Then the media long knives came out, and a complete lack of entusiasm on part of the anti-fascist voters allowed the moonbat messiah to squeak by with a little voter fraud to make ends meet.

If the GOP doesn't learn that it needs someone to oppose democrooks, rather than "out moderate" them, the GOP will continue to lose. We desperately need a guy like Ted Cruz who can very eloquently express his philosophy without apologizing for it, and can be trusted to go into the WH and roll back regressive liberal policies. If we get another appeaser like Christie or Bush they will compromise the rest of our freedom away. We will still end up going off the cliff, only a little slower than if a democrook gets the WH.

I say that if we're going off the cliff, then lets just elect a criminally insane democrook sociopath and mash the gas pedal. Like taking off a band-aid. Just rip it off and be done.

Forum List

Back