Drought Monitor Is Propaganda

elektra

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2013
Temecula California
It has come to my attention that the Drought Monitor is nothing more than propaganda.

How anyone can take at face value everything the Government funded Universities put out is beyond belief in itself yet here we go again, along with the Global Warming fraud the same people put out the alarmist Drought Monitor.

One bit of irony is the normal precipitation of the Deserts of California are depicted as being in a drought condition.

But, that is the least of the fraud. Take a look at the Western part of Riverside County California, for the week ending the 26th Riverside County got heavy rain, this is not reflected at all in this weekly Drought Monitor.

A record amount of Rain in August and zero is reflected on the droughtmonitor. I.38 inches in Temecula, the Anza station was unable to report because the station got damaged in the storm. Yet the drought monitor reflects zero?

U.S. Drought Monitor Map Archive

20140826_ca_text.png

If this was a yearly monitor, one would not see much change, but a monitor of drought that reports on a weekly basis must show the precipitation for that week to be considered valid.

Storm Totals August 20th 2014 -Riverside Canyon Crest California Weather Pages

Thunderstorms hit inland Wednesday morning
By Reginald Stanley. Posted August 20, 2014, 8:37 AM.

clear.gif

A low pressure system off the Baja California coast is responsible for the thunderstorms that reached Southern California shortly after 1 AM Wednesday morning, and have continued since then.

Here are the rain totals for the WeatherCurrents network and associates:

LocationStormSeasonSource
Northeast Temecula1.38" N/AMichael Mojarro
Southeast Wildomar0.59" 0.81" Reginald Stanley
Northwest Murrieta0.54" 0.76" WeatherCurrents
East Hemet0.46" 1.26" WeatherCurrents
San Bernardino0.42" 1.68" WeatherCurrents
De Luz0.40" 1.17" WeatherCurrents
South Fallbrook0.37" 0.52" WeatherCurrents
French Valley0.37" 0.79" WeatherCurrents
Jurupa Valley0.33" 0.44" WeatherCurrents
Perris0.33" 1.67" WeatherCurrents
Riverside (Canyon Crest)0.31" 0.36" WeatherCurrents
Riverside (Presidential Park)0.31" 0.36" WeatherCurrents
Menifee (Sun City)0.27" 0.83" WeatherCurrents
Moreno Valley0.21" 1.88" WeatherCurrents
Temecula Valley Wine Country0.19" 0.97" Jim Sappington
Beaumont (Cherry Valley)0.17" 1.26" WeatherCurrents
Wildomar0.07" 0.31" WeatherCurrents
East San Jacinto0.03" 1.14" Monty Parrott
East Highland0.02" 2.38" Peter Michas
Lake Elsinore0.01" 0.18" WeatherCurrents
San Diego (City Heights)0.00" 0.05" 1WeatherCurrents
Simi Valley0.00" 0.04" WeatherCurrents
AnzaN/A21.77" WeatherCurrents
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
  1. Season began on July 22nd, 2014.
  2. Anza rain gauge is down. Manual rain gauge totals will be added later.

Before: Here, the Green Bridge passes over Lake Oroville near the Bidwell Marina in 2011. Notice the trees and shrubs that grow right against the man-made lake's edge

After: Fast forward to 2014 and even the massive pillars holding up the bridge can be completely seen at the lakes edge, where a wide swath of parched dirt spans between what's left of the water and the tree line

And a couple of inches of rain are supposed to end a three year drought? Loco, indeed.

The drought monitor specifically addresses the week of the 26th, so yes, for that week in the exact area that the map indicates drought, there was no drought. If the droughtmonitior was reporting on a three year period your point would be valid, but its not, the monitor reports for a week, not a three year period.

Pure propaganda

Before: Here, the Green Bridge passes over Lake Oroville near the Bidwell Marina in 2011. Notice the trees and shrubs that grow right against the man-made lake's edge

After: Fast forward to 2014 and even the massive pillars holding up the bridge can be completely seen at the lakes edge, where a wide swath of parched dirt spans between what's left of the water and the tree line
Your bridge has nothing to do with the propaganda of the drought monitor, now maybe if you posted the relevant drought map for both pics you would have a post worth a little more than ridicule.

I address a specific week in which a University monitoring precipitation report zero for said week. How does old crock relate two pictures years apart to the week of the 26th of August.

Thread Summary:

Elektra is so stupid, Elektra thinks one rain ends a drought, and declares that anyone who doesn't agree must be pushing a fraud. Meanwhile, those who aren't retards understand that droughts are defined by the total of the seasonal rainfall.

There were some nice black helicopter rants as well. Elektra illustrates how most deniers combine a lack of common sense with a broken BS meter, which leaves them with no defenses against the manipulations of their cult masters.

Thread Summary:

Elektra is so stupid, Elektra thinks one rain ends a drought, and declares that anyone who doesn't agree must be pushing a fraud. Meanwhile, those who aren't retards understand that droughts are defined by the total of the seasonal rainfall.

There were some nice black helicopter rants as well. Elektra illustrates how most deniers combine a lack of common sense with a broken BS meter, which leaves them with no defenses against the manipulations of their cult masters.
Moot post, thanks for validating the OP, maMOOT!

I flamed mamoot in 8 words without degenerating into hate and vitriol.

mamoot, so sad

Your bridge has nothing to do with the propaganda of the drought monitor, now maybe if you posted the relevant drought map for both pics you would have a post worth a little more than ridicule.

I address a specific week in which a University monitoring precipitation report zero for said week. How does old crock relate two pictures years apart to the week of the 26th of August.
I have posted statewide and nationwide drought maps on multiple occasions. They don't seem to have garnered much thought on your side of this argument.

So, you think that a week with rain ends a drought, and a week without rain equals extreme drought. That is the reasoning of your extroidinery theory of weekly drought reports.

I have seen some really stupid posts and posters on this board, but Elektra, you are about the saddest case of extreme and determined stupidity I have seen. Perhaps you should have your doctor check you for the early onset of dementia.

I have posted statewide and nationwide drought maps on multiple occasions. They don't seem to have garnered much thought on your side of this argument.

I just started a thread proving they are propaganda, Crick does not comprehend very well.

It does not take much thought to see propaganda when one is getting rained on while the drought monitor indicates zero precipitation

The state's drought monitors are accurate - certainly more accurate than you looking out your window.

The state's drought monitors are accurate - certainly more accurate than you looking out your window.

Yet, I show a drought monitor that does not reflect actual precipitation.

It really is simply, the drought monitor is a propaganda tool. It does not reflect anything, not the level of reservoirs, not if it rained, nothing.

more clouds.jpg
southern cali clouds.jpg

2"s of rain this summer in southern california, show where the Drought Monitor displayed the rain.

It does not, it is propaganda

You showed nothing of the sort. You simply showed that you cannot interpret what is shown to you with the ability of a first grade student.

[QUOTE ="Old Rocks, post: 9799676, member: 13758"]2" of rain does not break a drought.[/QUOTE]
2 " of rain not reflected by the, "drought monitor"in a week where the average is close to zero, proves the OP as true.

The OP is about propaganda, this OP is only about what is reported in the drought monitor.

2" of rain can end a drought, if that region normally receives close to zero.

On what data do you base the charge that the drought monitor data is false?

On what data do you base the charge that the drought monitor data is false?
Uh? It is the second post, linked and all.

Crick, you posted three or four times in this thread against me without reading what you are responding to.

With the activist, all that matters is the message, the title, not substance.

Crick is blindly responding based on ideology, not substance.

Forum List

Back