Dropping off at the food bank

syrenn

Rookie
May 10, 2010
This is always a great week. The groceries always have all of the Thanksgiving stuff on sale. What I can't get a Costco in a 10 pack to make my bags, I get at the local stores.

There is a great food bank in SF, it distributes to many places so its easy to drop things off for them to give out where its needed. We pulled up to the loading dock to the food bank and a guy came out with a barrel. I looked at him and said "This is an awful lot of stuff." So he came out with a big square tub. We opened the back of the truck and off loaded 20 bags + extra stuff. We both travel and save up the stuff they give us in the room, coffee, soap, shampoo and the like. Shelters need that kind of thing. The stuff wasn't for him but he was so happy! He used fork lift when we were done filling it up. :eek:

For about 15 bucks, if you shop right, you can fill a bag with all of the things you would need for a dinner (except the turkey and fresh stuff)

Can of pumpkin
Can of evaporated milk

1 box cake mix

3 cans green beans
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can frenches onions

1 box mashed potatoes

2 cans of yams
1 bag marshmallows

2 box stove top stuffing mix
2 cans chicken broth

2 cans turkey gravy

Think about it folks, can you make a bag or two and drop it off at what ever food bank you have? Why do we do this... because we can.

Good for you.

It feels good to help others.

I recently gave cash to the local churches food bank and they hold a free thanksgiving dinner. I am also buying all the meat for that.
They are great dinners, the ladies in the church bake and cook for a couple of days.
I already have a $300 order in at the honey baked ham company in Lexington.
Trukeys are on order as well.

GOOD FUD!

And remeber I am an atheist. So if I can do this imagine what Christians can and should do.

Last edited:
The local grocery pre-bags an assortment of groceries, and for $4.99 they give you a sticker at the check-out to tag a bag and place it in the donation bin. I usually do 2-3 each season. Also send a check to the local food bank each year. Great causes. I spent too many endless hungry nights as a kid to not care.

• Banned
Good for you.

It feels good to help others.

I recently gave cash to the local churches food bank and they hold a free thanksgiving dinner. I am also buying all the meat for that.
They are great dinners, the ladies in the church bake and cook for a couple of days.
I already have a $300 order in at the honey baked ham company in Lexington.
Trukeys are on order as well.

GOOD FUD!

And remeber I am an atheist. So if I can do this imagine what Christians can and should do.

:clap2:

Ya don't have to be christian to walk the walk.

The local grocery pre-bags an assortment of groceries, and for $4.99 they give you a sticker at the check-out to tag a bag and place it in the donation bin. I usually do 2-3 each season. Also send a check to the local food bank each year. Great causes. I spent too many endless hungry nights as a kid to not care.

I spent my hungry times as an adult.
But no more I eat like a pig :D

I'm gonna be broke as a bad gambler till the day before Thanksgiving, but the winter will just be starting here and the need has never been deeper. And you do not have to give cash, if you're not able. All of us have crapola sitting around that a thrift store might could sell for cash, and all of us have a pair of hands and a back and could help in some form or fashion by volunteering some time.

I am trying to raise funds for the Salvation Army of Greater Cleveland. Please consider making a donation of at least $10.

You can donate by texting "KETTLE" to 20222 or by going to this link.....

: Home

I'm gonna be broke as a bad gambler till the day before Thanksgiving, but the winter will just be starting here and the need has never been deeper. And you do not have to give cash, if you're not able. All of us have crapola sitting around that a thrift store might could sell for cash, and all of us have a pair of hands and a back and could help in some form or fashion by volunteering some time.

I am trying to raise funds for the Salvation Army of Greater Cleveland. Please consider making a donation of at least $10.

You can donate by texting "KETTLE" to 20222 or by going to this link.....

: Home
And you can tell them to fuck off whenever they wish you Merry Christmas this year.

Tons of cans of tuna are my choice for donation throughout the year - high in protien and very nutrient rich.

I don't go out of my way to donate cans during Thanksgiving because I volunteer at a kitchen and bring my own supplies - feeds the cops, fire fighters, and other 'essential personnel" in the area a hot Thanksgiving meal on the day they have to work. Been doing this since 2007 when the holiday changed for me.

Not to belittle your contribution in any way, but I prefer to feed those who do not even have a job to work on Thanksgiving day.
got lots of those around here this year.

illegal-aliens-taxes1.jpg

Forum List

Back