Drop the "Concealed" part

I don't know? It seams to me that if I was going to carry and had the strength of my convictions I would carry openly if possible. As I am confident in my abilities and judgement. Those who conceal their weapons give the illusion of being sneaky. Not alot of positive associations go with the term "sneaky". If you were to carry openly I'm sure the law enforcement community would really appreciate it.

I will default to the learned wisdom and real-world experience of Colonel Jeff Cooper:

"If you're in a Fair Fight, your tactics SUCK!!!"

Actually most of the LEO's I know are big proponents of Concealed Carry.

As for those who have practice on the range, shoot competitvely, and believe they have been trained properly, let me say this. When it is "go" time and bullets are comming at you, the majority of your training goes out the window, and nobody knows for certain how they will react no matter what they say. Just my expierience.

Obviously the real world is a totally different thing than the range. That's why you practice, prepare, train, and try to create as much muscle memory as possible AND combine that with as much mental preparation as you can do. Nobody knows for certain how they will react when the real thing starts, but training and preparing yourself physically and mentally for that moment we all pray will never come gives you a better chance of survival if it does.

Forum List

Back