Drone attacks creating generation of resentment in Pakistan

pennyw

Rookie
Jun 5, 2012
MOHAMMED HANIF: I think I do tend to agree with that - not just that it's weakening democracy in Pakistan; I think it's creating all kinds of other moral and legal and ethical issues. Because what exactly is happening is how people see it as there is somebody sitting in a small town in the United States with a little remote control and he's trying to make a decision about somebody who's moving around not in Pakistan. And he sort of decide whether this guy is guilty or not and then he's going to take a hit. And as this report shows and as people have proven in the past, these guesses are not very educated. So, not just in those areas - and just the idea of living in a place where these death machines hover 24/7, you know, sort of over the whole area. That kind of, you know, causes all kinds of I think psychological damage. You can never, ever justify that - how can you hit a civilian, a woman or a child just because they happen to live in a street or in a village where some militants might or might not be hiding?

STEVE CANNANE: Is it radicalising young men in Pakistan?

Transcript/Video
Lateline - 06/08/2012: Drone attacks creating generation of resentment in Pakistan

War has becomeso impersonal with far few casualties than the worldwars - not very herioc

Forum List

Back