driving record question

sarahgop

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2009
i am applying for a part time delivery job. how far back are they legally able to go to check a driving record? i have 1 speeding ticket the last 5 years but before that i had a few tickets when i first got my license.

i am applying for a part time delivery job. how far back are they legally able to go to check a driving record? i have 1 speeding ticket the last 5 years but before that i had a few tickets when i first got my license.

They can choose to go as far back as they want, regardless of what the "law" states they can legally use.

If I were hiring someone as a driver, if they had anything at all on their record, personally, I wouldn't give them a second look, and would consider them a liability. There are plenty of people out there with clean records.

i know when i got my car insurance they only went back 5 years and i got a low rate.

i may be in luck. i was completing the online app and they asked if i had a dui conviction within the last 5 years and the answer is no. then they ask this question:

11. Have you been convicted of or pled guilty to more than three (3) moving violations in the past three (3) years?

i have had 1 the last 5 years. am i ok?

If you have a DUI ever you can be denied entry in Canada, Thank our own government for giving them computer usage of our records. But they will give you permission if you pay them $250.00 then you will be allowed in. What a bunch of crap!!!! Boycot Canada FISH AND HUNT AMERICA!!! We have as good of hunting and fishing and nicer people than the rude people who live and who overcharge and tax you to death from Canada!!!!

If you have a DUI ever you can be denied entry in Canada, Thank our own government for giving them computer usage of our records. But they will give you permission if you pay them $250.00 then you will be allowed in. What a bunch of crap!!!! Boycot Canada FISH AND HUNT AMERICA!!! We have as good of hunting and fishing and nicer people than the rude people who live and who overcharge and tax you to death from Canada!!!!

You drive drunk, and it's Canada's fault?

Really?

:doubt:

i may be in luck. i was completing the online app and they asked if i had a dui conviction within the last 5 years and the answer is no. then they ask this question:

11. Have you been convicted of or pled guilty to more than three (3) moving violations in the past three (3) years?

If ONE in the last FIVE years is not the same as more than THREE in the past THREE years, then it looks like you can answer NO.

no but people do stupid thing in life when young but should this haunt you for life. Do we do the same for Canadian citizens wanting to come here?

no but people do stupid thing in life when young but should this haunt you for life. Do we do the same for Canadian citizens wanting to come here?

If you're old enough to drink, you're old enough to know driving while intoxicated is illegal. If you know it, and do it anyway, your bad. Deal with whatever the consequences may be.

Canada has enough problems without you having to lay your irresponsible behavior at their feet in an effort to make yourself feel better about messing up.

They can choose to go as far back as they want, regardless of what the "law" states they can legally use.

If I were hiring someone as a driver, if they had anything at all on their record, personally, I wouldn't give them a second look, and would consider them a liability. There are plenty of people out there with clean records.

Funny story. I was at a meeting with maybe 30/40 senior UK police officers and before the meeting, the subject of clean driving records came up. In the UK, you get points on your licence (depending on the seriousness of the offence) and if you get 12, you get banned. We went around the room and I was the only person with a clean licence. :eek::eek: Senior police officers and they'd all broken the law!!!! :eek: WTF? Then one bright officer asked me about my US driving record... I smiled and said 'clean as a whistle'. :cool: :eusa_angel:

It's not that I don't speed, I just don't get caught. :eusa_shhh:

Funny story. I was at a meeting with maybe 30/40 senior UK police officers and before the meeting, the subject of clean driving records came up. In the UK, you get points on your licence (depending on the seriousness of the offence) and if you get 12, you get banned. We went around the room and I was the only person with a clean licence. :eek::eek: Senior police officers and they'd all broken the law!!!! :eek: WTF? Then one bright officer asked me about my US driving record... I smiled and said 'clean as a whistle'. :cool: :eusa_angel:

I got caught twice in my life. Both times in the same weekend. One on Friday, and one on Sunday. Both tickets totaled $375, and a total lost of 8 points.

That sucked. But, nobody pushed my foot to the floor but me...

If ONE in the last FIVE years is not the same as more than THREE in the past THREE years, then it looks like you can answer NO.

i did answer no. am i ok?

I got caught twice in my life. Both times in the same weekend. One on Friday, and one on Sunday. Both tickets totaled $375, and a total lost of 8 points.

That sucked. But, nobody pushed my foot to the floor but me...

It does suck but.... as you say, no one to blame but yourself. My licence is clean by the grace of God, not my driving!!

The UK has more damned Speed Cameras and Surveillence Cameras than any other country on the planet. Damned fucking 'liberal' governments!! :lol: It's for our own good - to keep us all safe.... apparently.

Forum List

Back