Drivin' dat Buick

Feb 28, 2009
Remembering my first time of drinking too much... I was 16..... Drank beer for the better part of the day, then later at a party, it was "boilermakers." I don't remember much after the first couple of those...Oh geez.... Woke up early next morning - covered with snow in a ditch near the house. How I got there, no way to know. It was at least 20 miles from where the party was.

I was eating snow on the mile walk home.... Got there and immediately drank a ton of water.... BAD thing to do... Didn't take long for it to come back up in a sick wave of sick...

The noise of me hugging that porcelain and puking of course woke the fam up. My step mom thought it was funny, said I was "drivin' that Buick."

"Buick" being the sound made when someone is puking with the dry heaves.... BUUUUUUUUUUICK!

Such misery.... And the promises both voiced and not of, "I'll never do that again."

Promise was broken, only one other time though. Hurt just as much....

Anyone else remember their first time "Drivin' dat Buick?"

Last edited:
Being a former member of the world's most powerful nuclear Navy, I can attest to several episodes of "road rage" that involved a Buick.

i can vividly recall wondering when i ate what it was i viewing..........
Should be nothing to view if you're truly drivin' da Buick. This is about the dry heaves from drinking way too much and NOT eating.

I remember begging God to make it stop. It was Jagermiester and beer that night. And the next morning, my wife who was my girl friend at the time was sick so I helped her to her ride. I asked if she was ok to drive and when she looked up to answer all the Jager and beer hit me just about ware my Adams apple is. Still smelled just like Jager. Ah, those were the days.

• Banned
i can vividly recall wondering when i ate what it was i viewing..........
Should be nothing to view if you're truly drivin' da Buick. This is about the dry heaves from drinking way too much and NOT eating.

I remember begging God to make it stop. It was Jagermiester and beer that night. And the next morning, my wife who was my girl friend at the time was sick so I helped her to her ride. I asked if she was ok to drive and when she looked up to answer all the Jager and beer hit me just about ware my Adams apple is. Still smelled just like Jager. Ah, those were the days.
Years after my first incident I had a girlfriend who was reduced to crawling.... Odd it was. She got up from the couch and crawled to the bathroom. I found out through more such happenings and experience that women will typically crawl on all fours when over-inebriated. Men - stupid, prideful creatures that we are, never crawl when drunk. We just try to walk and get damaged from falling down.

Women are far superior to men in many ways.

Stay thirsty my friends.

Remembering my first time of drinking too much... I was 16..... Drank beer for the better part of the day, then later at a party, it was "boilermakers." I don't remember much after the first couple of those...Oh geez.... Woke up early next morning - covered with snow in a ditch near the house. How I got there, no way to know. It was at least 20 miles from where the party was.

I was eating snow on the mile walk home.... Got there and immediately drank a ton of water.... BAD thing to do... Didn't take long for it to come back up in a sick wave of sick...

The noise of me hugging that porcelain and puking of course woke the fam up. My step mom thought it was funny, said I was "drivin' that Buick."

"Buick" being the sound made when someone is puking with the dry heaves.... BUUUUUUUUUUICK!

Such misery.... And the promises both voiced and not of, "I'll never do that again."

I did that one time too, seriously.

I did it with no coat to boot.

It was like February and snowing n shit, probably 20 degrees outside, then I call my dad (Pay phone I'm 14/15?? at the time 1994) he pretty much tells me to fuck off for my ride so I walked it.

Needless to say I made it obviously but I was a popsicle and my mother almost killed my dad for nearly killing me (a 14/15 year old)

Oh, the journey was 2-3 miles .....With no coat in the middle of a blizzard.

It was like February and snowing n shit, probably 20 degrees outside, then I call my dad (Pay phone I'm 14/15?? at the time 1994) he pretty much tells me to fuck off for my ride so I walked it.

Needless to say I made it obviously but I was a popsicle and my mother almost killed my dad for nearly killing me (a 14/15 year old)

The OP wasn't my first "cold experience."

A couple of years before, some friends and myself liked to ride our bikes at an old abandoned golf course. It had a big pond that had frozen solid, that winter. Except for a darker portion of it near the center, where the ice was thinner. We played "ice chicken" seeing who could ride over the darkest portions without falling through.

We had been riding over small portions which were jutting out from the main mass of the darker area, when I finally said, "Bullshit. Watch this."

I rode over a large darker mass, and all was going well until the first big 'crack' was heard....

The rear tire broke through first, and the bike with me on it sank like the Titanic. The water was green, and COLD. A million needles stabbed every pore of my skin.

Fortunately the water wasn't too deep, and I was able to climb out and haul my bike out. The temperature that day was hovering around -1... with 5-15 MPH North winds.

Couldn't ride the bike home, with everything snow and ice packed the way it was, so had to walk the three miles to the Hacienda. By the time I got there I was literally a "Ice Man" and was unrecognizable to my step mom. Had ice crystals everywhere, was totally white and very twinkly, very sparkly.

She hustled me into the shower with clothes on and everything, and cranked on the "cold" water. It felt like it was scalding hot! Slowly all the ice melted and I was able to call for some warmer water and strip my clothes off. I was in shock though, from hypothermia.

To this day I can tolerate extreme cold, I'll be outside in 5 degree weather drinking a beer with bermuda shorts, a tee shirt and cowboy boots on. The doctors say my "internal thermostat" was permanently retarded. My Dad said it wasn't just the thermostat....

A couple of years before, some friends and myself liked to ride our bikes at an old abandoned golf course. It had a big pond that had frozen solid, that winter. Except for a darker portion of it near the center, where the ice was thinner. We played "ice chicken" seeing who could ride over the darkest portions without falling through.

We had been riding over small portions which were jutting out from the main mass of the darker area, when I finally said, "Bullshit. Watch this."

I rode over a large darker mass, and all was going well until the first big 'crack' was heard....

The rear tire broke through first, and the bike with me on it sank like the Titanic. The water was green, and COLD. A million needles stabbed every pore of my skin.

Fortunately the water wasn't too deep, and I was able to climb out and haul my bike out. The temperature that day was hovering around -1... with 5-15 MPH North winds.

Couldn't ride the bike home, with everything snow and ice packed the way it was, so had to walk the three miles to the Hacienda. By the time I got there I was literally a "Ice Man" and was unrecognizable to my step mom. Had ice crystals everywhere, was totally white and very twinkly, very sparkly.

She hustled me into the shower with clothes on and everything, and cranked on the "cold" water. It felt like it was scalding hot! Slowly all the ice melted and I was able to call for some warmer water and strip my clothes off. I was in shock though, from hypothermia.

To this day I can tolerate extreme cold, I'll be outside in 5 degree weather drinking a beer with bermuda shorts, a tee shirt and cowboy boots on. The doctors say my "internal thermostat" was permanently retarded. My Dad said it wasn't just the thermostat....

Nah,your internal thermostat isn't retarded, nor are you retarded. You are a reincarnated Viking! :)

Damn man that was pretty crazy and ballsy playing "ice chicken."

I too fell through the ice when I was a kid. I was playing hockey when it happened, or just got finished playing hockey. I thought it was a good idea to skate home because it would have been closer..... So long story short I hit a patch of bad ice and fell right through, luckily the water was only 3 feet deep and my house was only a few blocks away - still, its not fun when that cold water hits you, and its even more painful to warm up.

Of course I never decided to skate home again and took the street route after that hahaha.

Forum List

Back