Driver license for illegals

Edward007

Feb 24, 2017
Why is the governor of Minnesota giving illegals the right to drivers licenses , while most of them can not read traffic signs in English , plus no insurance.
I feel this is very unsafe for the rest of us using the roads every day.
The governor said in the paper the other day if the people of Minnesota don’t like what we give the illegals then you can move out.

With a statement like that, even if I agreed in principle with him, I would work to find that governor another state to infect. Citizens first.

Why is the governor of Minnesota giving illegals the right to drivers licenses , while most of them can not read traffic signs in English , plus no insurance.
The governor said in the paper the other day if the people of Minnesota don’t like what we give the illegals then you can move out.

Good advice take it. With Tax reform coming, a highly corrupt Democratic machine in MN, the probable revocation of NAFTA and other goodies in the pipeline getting out while the getting's good is real good advice.

Some states like in the Rocky Mountains require you to prove you are a legal resident or citizen before they will issue you a driver license.

Other states like California require no such proof -- you just need to pass the written test and the road test.

I am not sure which approach is better and/or more safe.

Where I live, illegals cause a fair amount of accidents and then they run away from the scene.

I suppose they are going to drive whether they have a license or not.

Question is, do you want them to know the rules and pass the test first?

But even then many of them will drive illegally anyway.

So it is merely a formality.

Tempest in a teapot.

If you want to catch illegals you need to raid sweatshops.

If you want to keep illegals out you need a Berlin-type wall with barbed wire and machine gun nests.

Depends on what you want and are willing to pay for with more taxes.

And the normal ones will.
Mn and Mich. are going to turn into Muslim no go zones if we don't get the libs out of office. Illegals with driver's license, vote. Folks, you deserve what your getting.

If you want to catch illegals you need to raid sweatshops.

If you want to keep illegals out you need a Berlin-type wall with barbed wire and machine gun nests.

Depends on what you want and are willing to pay for with more taxes.

Creating martyrs for crimes is a bad idea. Rocksalt and beanbag loads almost never kill. Low lethality/high pain solutions are what is needed

Good advice take it. With Tax reform coming, a highly corrupt Democratic machine in MN, the probable revocation of NAFTA and other goodies in the pipeline getting out while the getting's good is real good advice.

Your right about that, moving out after I retire soon.
Hard to afford the taxes after the state hands out all the goodies for the people who come here.

A drivers license shows you have met the standards of driving a motor vehicle and have passed required exams. It keeps us safer

Why should immigration status have anything to do with it?

A Drivers License will not turn illegal aliens legal

It will show they have passed a test and enable them to get insurance

A drivers license shows you have met the standards of driving a motor vehicle and have passed required exams. It keeps us safer

Why should immigration status have anything to do with it?
Immigrants, to include illegals, should have drivers licenses from their home nation, with it they can legally drive within the US.

In the US the state issued drivers license has become a de-facto ID, thus giving a perceived notion of some sort of legitimacy to illegals trying to obtain a US state issued drivers license.

Some states like in the Rocky Mountains require you to prove you are a legal resident or citizen before they will issue you a driver license.

Other states like California require no such proof -- you just need to pass the written test and the road test.

I am not sure which approach is better and/or more safe.

Where I live, illegals cause a fair amount of accidents and then they run away from the scene.

I suppose they are going to drive whether they have a license or not.

Question is, do you want them to know the rules and pass the test first?

But even then many of them will drive illegally anyway.

So it is merely a formality.

Tempest in a teapot.
California requires certain ID's be presented in order to apply for a DL test or to receive a California DL. Illegals don't have these required ID's. DACA recipients were allowed to apply for and receive a California DL, good for as long as their DACA application was allowed.

Forum List

Back