Drive

B. Kidd

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2010
Western Lands
Saw it today. Still in the movies, but should be out on video soon. If you liked 'Training Day' and 'No Country for Old Men' like I did, check this film out. Ryan Gosling nailed his character, and comedian Albert Brooks (yes, Albert Brooks of all people!) and Ron Perlman made for great bad guys. Don't expect to see mindless endless chase scenes and explosions, or gratuitous violence (warning: violence real and gritty) as this movie is much, much more then that.
It's a true sleeper that came out with very little P.R..

Came out on DVD on tuesday. Not an academy award winner, but one of the most underrated movies of 2011.
(Gunny, you gotta check it out!)

I watched this last night and I was thoroughly disappointed. IMO they tried too hard to make it something it wasn't. All the brooding and odd expressions by Ryan Gosling were distracting and seemed unnecessary, he's a good actor and I don't think he came across that way. I don't think it compares at all with "Training Day" or "No Country..". Anyway, that's just my opinion, don't let that deter you from checking it out.

Take care,
Breech

I can't stand Albert Brooks... prolly the most annoying movie actor in the last 30 years...

but I'll prolly see Drive nonetheless...

Forum List

Back