"Drill baby drill"-- Cuba will-- 60 miles off Florida!!

Here's a similar story, but without the usual media hype:

RIGZONE - Pemex Ready to Drill in GOM's Deep Waters

Pemex has in place high-tech drilling units, safety systems and membership in a well-containment group as part of redundant measures to prevent and control an oil leak, Carlos Morales Gil said at a news conference.

Pemex has complied with the requirements of Mexico's watchdog National Hydrocarbons Commission, or CNH, he added.

Didn't the Republicans already use this canard about two years ago?

Seriously, they need to get new material. Simply recycling the same old bullshit is getting tiresome.

A question. So when companies want to drill oil in the gulf for the US you and your liberal brethren set yourself on fire in Lafayette Park across the street from the white house. But when Cuba wants to drill off our shore any opposition is a "canard."

The question? Can you spell liberal bitch?

Again tell me about the absurdity of.................
boilermaker55
Member #31838 Join Date: Aug 2011

Quote: Originally Posted by healthmyths
You idiots that are SO against "drill baby drill" in U.S.A. waters consider the below if you want Cuba with little or no experience and will enthusiastically control any oil spill of U.S.A. coast!

U.S. officials are trying to make sure the American coastline will be protected as Cuba begins drilling a deep water oil well later this year about 60 miles off the Florida Keys If Repsol's Cuba well, which is in slightly deeper water, experienced a blowout, the well could gush oil into the Straits of Florida, where it would be carried by the Gulfstream currents up the East Coast.

Neither of the two companies that developed capping capability has U.S. government permission to operate in Cuba.

U.S. Will Inspect Cuban Deep Water Oil Well - WSJ.com
Hey think about this and what you are saying drill baby drill rightwing nut.
Quote:Quote: Originally Posted by Lovebears65
Been saying this for months.But the EPA is so far up our asses , says we cant drill because of the environment. So, if Cuba drills there and there is a spill I guess none will go to our shores. The EPA sucks and needs to be reformed bad. I am not saying it should be done away with but they need a huge CUT in their policies.
Boilermaker55:
Perhaps you do not see they hypocrisy in your statement(s).
You are so afraid of Cuba fouling our shores and yet you curse th EPA who prevents oil companies from doing the same thing.
And yet, it is perfectly acceptable by many Americans to let companies move to Mexico and other third world countries because...........wait for it.........they have less EPA type regulations. So they can pollute their countries for American Corporate profits.
A viscious style you have their with money and profits.

boohoo..sob sob... evil corporate profits! How evil capitalism is raping the environment destroying GAIA (if you are really aware..you know who GAIA is idiot!)
By the way dumb..f...k...
Evil Profits... are used to help the average american with
"Over the past two decades, 401(k) accounts have become the dominant form of retirement plan for American workers, covering 70 million people and representing $2.8 trillion in assets in 2006 (U.S. Dept. of Labor (2008)).
IDIOT: 401Ks alone $40,000 per American worker!!!

BUT IDIOT: you HATE those evil profits that help 70 million Americans!
12% of ALL Federal income taxes are from Corporate income taxes.. Let's do away with that!
81% of income/social security come from employees of businesses...
LET'S become Cuba for you dumb.f...k!!!

Cuba, for all their many faults, have an incredibly superior history of environmental stewardship, so i'm not that worried about them threatening our coastlines. But in terms of exploiting all our own resources as safely as we can, yeah ... I'm on board.

Forum List

Back