Drew Peterson found GUILTY

Amazing that people can still claim this country is racist. You have a white man convicted of murder on what should be inadmissible hearsay evidence and ZERO other evidence. 95% of the time this wouldn't have made it to court! Yet he was convicted.

But then you have OJ. A black man who murdered a white women. That case had over-whelming proof of his guilt, yet he got off!

What was the fascination about? The A.P. actually used the word "swaggering". It's hard to swagger in leg irons but that's beside the point. I guess women were interested because the victim was a housewife and the purp was a cop but the media turned it into a circus and people who don't give a damn about the hundreds of other murder cases actually feel strongly about the case because the media said so. Pop-culture is a strange world.

I thought he did it just from his attitude. I guess that doesn't make a man guilty, but it can sure drive the missing woman's parents crazy. Good for Illinois.

Granny says she know'd the bastid was guilty all along...
:cool:
Peterson found guilty of murdering Savio
September 6, 2012 - Retired Bolingbrook police officer Drew Peterson has been found guilty of murdering his third wife, Kathleen Savio, the verdict eliciting a gasp from a packed Will County courthouse and ending a case that for years has received salacious tabloid news coverage.
Peterson showed no emotion as the verdict was read. He was shackled, said "Good job" to his attorneys and was led off. Savio's family and supporters hugged and cried along with witnesses who testified for the state. "I knew it," said Savio's brother-in-law, Mitch Doman. "Now I can go out there and say he's a murdering bastard. You can print that. You can put it in a headline." Nick Savio, Kathleen Savio's brother, choked up outside the courthouse as he called the verdict "bittersweet." "It's better than a White Sox World Series win," he said, his face quivering with emotion. "This has been a very long time coming."

He read a brief statement from the Savio family saying Kathleen can "now rest in peace." "We all love her and will never forget her," Nick Savio said. The family said they plan to visit Kathleen's grave today and tell her the news. Asked what he would say to Drew Peterson if he could speak to him, Nick Savio said he would tell him to "go have a cigar with your defense team...in jail." "I don't see you laughing now," he said.

A crowd of about 75 people awaiting the news outside the courthouse started buzzing as word spread. One person shouted, "Guilty!" and cheers erupted. Mary Parks, the Joliet Junior College classmate of Savio who testified at trial, came out of the courtroom beaming. "I just knew," she said. "I didn't doubt it. I just knew it would be this way. It was beautiful."

MORE

Tough to say if he was an unfortunate man that lost two wives on suspicious circumstances or he killed one, or both.

He is not an easy man to like, but losing two wives under suspicious circumstances makes it tough to believe the drowning and the missing woman are just coincidence.

Amazing that people can still claim this country is racist. You have a white man convicted of murder on what should be inadmissible hearsay evidence and ZERO other evidence. 95% of the time this wouldn't have made it to court! Yet he was convicted.

But then you have OJ. A black man who murdered a white women. That case had over-whelming proof of his guilt, yet he got off!

one dead, one missing and what happened to the other two. are you gonna tell us Peterson is just unlucky in love? really?

one dead, one missing and what happened to the other two. are you gonna tell us Peterson is just unlucky in love? really?

Let me rephrase it. The guy should rot in jail and deserves what is coming to him. But does anyone have an issue with Chicago using the Chicago way make admissible hearsay evidence to which has been inadmissible in this country for CENTURIES!!!

The Chicago way opened up a slippery slope of innocent men and women getting put behind bars! I am glad he is off the streets, but there is a rule of law for a reason and the legislators in Springfield shouldn't have just ignored the Confrontation Clause of the constitution! It's bad governance all the way around!

Your post is reason why.

If the judge blew it allowing the evidence he did then it will likely be tossed out on appeal. If it is then the prosecutor will have to give it a go from a different angle or let him walk. That's the system, warts and all.

Personally, I don't have a doubt in my mind he killed both of them.

If the judge blew it allowing the evidence he did then it will likely be tossed out on appeal. If it is then the prosecutor will have to give it a go from a different angle or let him walk. That's the system, warts and all.

It's not that simple. IL passed a law, bypassing the Confrontation Clause of the US constitution, simply to allow hearsay evidence into this case!

Holdout juror in Drew Peterson trial says hearsay evidence swayed him - U.S. News
With no physical evidence tying Peterson to the death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio, prosecutors had to rely on hearsay and circumstantial evidence. Such testimony isn't usually admissible in court, but Illinois legislators in 2008 passed a law -- dubbed "Drew's Law" -- which allows it in rare circumstances

I don't like Drew Peterson and I hope he finds his way into general population! However, I am disgusted with the slippery slope the IL legislation caused. They tossed out two centuries old PROVEN law to put a guy behind bars! I am afraid this will lead to NUMEROUS innocent men and women going to jail!

We are a racist country (against white people).

Me neither; but I've only followed it in terms of hearing highlights.

I didn't think Casey Anthony was proven guilty of murder (I followed that one); though I thought she was most likely responsible for her daughter's death. But our system is beyond a reasonable doubt and the prosecution simply didn't prove it.

Tough to say if he was an unfortunate man that lost two wives on suspicious circumstances or he killed one, or both.

He is not an easy man to like, but losing two wives under suspicious circumstances makes it tough to believe the drowning and the missing woman are just coincidence.

He lost four wives. The first two died in accidents. His fourth wife is still missing.

(488 words)
(2452 characters)
(2938 characters with spaces)

My life experiences with home ownership, joint tenancy, two divorces and some neighbors from hell make me think that Drew Peterson suckered each of a total of four young women into marriage by giving them the expectation that he’d buy them a house. It was a scam by which he intended to profit from real estate inflation at the time. The selling prices he signed for were inflated and each mortgage he signed for was additionally inflationary.

By wife two, Peterson was financially unable to make a large down payment on a house, let alone pay for it in full at closing. Therefore, a mortgage lender gave Peterson and his second wife a mortgage that was at or near 100% of the selling price. The pattern continued for wives three and four.

Mortgage lenders often require borrowers to get a mortgage insurance policy. If both spouses own the house jointly, the mortgage insurance pays the outstanding principle on the mortgage when one of the spouses dies.

It is reasonable to think that Peterson married and buried women to get the huge lump sum payout on the houses he bought with them.

However, in my opinion, by house two, and considering the age and fertility of wives two, three and four, the mortgage lenders who made inflated and inflationary loans to Mr. and Mrs. Peterson would seem to be as culpable of the deaths of two Mrs. Petersons as Peterson himself.

In my further opinion, Peterson’s defense lawyers are on the wrong side and also culpable for the deaths of two beautiful women because they profit from those deaths. They’ve racked up a mountain of billable hours that transfer Peterson’s mortgage insurance payouts to them.

The cost of Peterson’s defense almost certainly gives him an excuse to declare bankruptcy. Attorneys are almost certainly assisting Peterson to cheat all his children out of child support and all his living former wives out of any living allowance and other penalties that divorce courts levied against him on their behalf.

Inflated mortgages that inflate selling prices, with backup from mortgage insurance companies, also inflate real estate assessments by Will County and other Illinois county assessors. Education is the biggest line item or cluster of line items on the ensuing property tax bills.

Local schools seem to have granted all four wives a high school diploma, and it’s possible that higher institutions also granted them credits, if not an actual diploma. The ultimate blame for the dead wives’ deaths would appear to be teachers and administrators who feathered their own nests by pretending they’d actually taught anything worth knowing to anyone; but set their students up as victims instead.

The Illinois General Assembly has a lot of loopholes to fill to name and describe dangerous crimes against property and persons and to establish appropriate penalties against the people who commit them.

Whatever his reasons were, he likely killed four women. He was able to convince four women that he loved them and would take care of them. Then for whatever reason, perhaps they just disappointed him, they weren't good enough for him. They had to be punished. That would make Drew Peterson pretty much like obama.

Forum List

Back