Dreams & Insomnia

C

chloe

I have insomnia periodically, this time its lasted for about a month. Last night I had a dream that I went to see some childhood friends, they were two brothers one was adopted and there mom was from a foriegn country. In my dream I was scared to go over there (I don't know why) but then Charlie Bass & Glockmail said they would go with me. Charlie Bass said he knew the foriegn lady and she did business with him. He said that they both shared a love of shoes. Glockmail knew the boys and wanted to see them too. But when I got there my sister the drunk was there and she started violently attacking me. My brother in law was telling me to curse her with the "sicilian curse" while my sister was choking me. I looked for help and Charlie Bass said he would help in a minute as soon as the foriegn lady paid up what she owed in shoes. Then Glockmail turned into a 10 year old boy and was playing with the childhood friends smiling at me, I started defending myself from my sister's grip around my throat and then I woke up.

Does anyone do dream interpretation? Maybe I hang out at the board too much?:eek:

The only kind of dream interpretation I've ever done for myself or guided anyone else in is a gestalt therapy technique.

Essentially, you retell the dream in the present tense, as if it is happening now. You let all the parts of the dream tell the dream in first person accounts.

The dream symbolism and imagery is all your mind's projection. No one else can interpret it for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you skydancer, I think I get the meaning of that dream now.....

I keep dreaming of Gunny wearing a Kilt (and nothing else) and the Dillo appears and his ass crack is showing.....
Then Average Joe walks in, in an Elvis Suit

can anyone interpret this?

ok, this is sorta what my dream looks like:

1kilt.jpg

male_kilt_art.jpg

KiltedElvis-1.jpg

I keep dreaming of Gunny wearing a Kilt (and nothing else) and the Dillo appears and his ass crack is showing.....

I think you fear your hero Gunny might be a cross dresser and Dillo is a plumber. You also, understandably, have fantasy hots for Elvis...:tongue:

-Joe

let's consider the elements of the dream that your subconscious gave you to work with.

Shoes?

Traveling (presumably wearing old shoes?) to a new place to see old friends, but you're afraid to go there?

Are you traveling back into your past in your old shoes? Sounds like. That or you are traveling into your future, but your nemesis is still there waiting for you.

You go anyway there anyway, but you go armed with new friends who are interested in new shoes.

You are attcked by your sister (who is your lifelong nemesis?)

Your new friends fail to protect you (from you sister/past) because one's too interested in new shoes and the other has become a YOUNG boy?

hmmmm...

Old shoes are what you bring with you into a new life.

New shoes are a new life.

You friends are interested in new shoes, (hell they are new shoes!) but you aren't quite interested in those new shoes in this dream, are you?

They're into new shoes (one even becomes a young boy) but you are still struggling with the OLD SHOE which appears to the unresolved issues involving you and your sister and your past life.

I think you're resolving the issues of your past, and shoes are the metaphorical link representing your past and your potential for your new life.

You past is trying to kill you, and your present isn't able to protect you quite yet.

You want to move on, like your new friends who are interested in new shoes, and who somehow managed to recapture their youth (or got new shoes)

They get new shoes and even a new chance at a new life, and all you get is your past luring you back (with the promise of old friends) and when you get back there, your past (sister) trying (still?) to strangle you.

How's this work for you Chloe?

You're still trying to integrate your current life with your past life.

Your new life don't quite fit yet, (like new shoes often don't) but it appears a damned site better to you than those old shoes you want to leave behind.

You new life cannot fix your old life, just like new shoes cannot repair old ones...merely replace them.

Your new friends ARE new shoes, Chloe. You new life is a new pair of shoes.

Put 'em on, and walk a while in them.

They'll fit eventually....much like old shoes eventually do.

Last edited:

I go with Sigmund Freud on this -- wish fulfillment.

What's the rest of the dream?

let's consider the elements of the dream that your subconscious gave you to work with.

Shoes?

Traveling (presumably wearing old shoes?) to a new place to see old friends, but you're afraid to go there?

Are you traveling back into your past in your old shoes? Sounds like. That or you are traveling into your future, but your nemesis is still there waiting for you.

You go anyway there anyway, but you go armed with new friends who are interested in new shoes.

You are attcked by your sister (who is your lifelong nemesis?)

Your new friends fail to protect you (from you sister/past) because one's too interested in new shoes and the other has become a YOUNG boy?

hmmmm...

Old shoes are what you bring with you into a new life.

New shoes are a new life.

You friends are interested in new shoes, (hell they are new shoes!) but you aren't quite interested in those new shoes in this dream, are you?

They're into new shoes (one even becomes a young boy) but you are still struggling with the OLD SHOE which appears to the unresolved issues involving you and your sister and your past life.

I think you're resolving the issues of your past, and shoes are the metaphorical link representing your past and your potential for your new life.

You past is trying to kill you, and your present isn't able to protect you quite yet.

You want to move on, like your new friends who are interested in new shoes, and who somehow managed to recapture their youth (or got new shoes)

They get new shoes and even a new chance at a new life, and all you get is your past luring you back (with the promise of old friends) and when you get back there, your past (sister) trying (still?) to strangle you.

How's this work for you Chloe?

You're still trying to integrate your current life with your past life.

Your new life don't quite fit yet, (like new shoes often don't) but it appears a damned site better to you than those old shoes you want to leave behind.

You new life cannot fix your old life, just like new shoes cannot repair old ones...merely replace them.

Your new friends ARE new shoes, Chloe. You new life is a new pair of shoes.

Put 'em on, and walk a while in them.

They'll fit eventually....much like old shoes eventually do.

what about my childhood friends I was visiting "the brothers" one was adopted and the other was a natural birth son......heh? I think Charlie Bass seemed more willing to help me from being strangled but he was owed money and the woman the childhood friends mother was going to pay him in "shoes", Glock was helpless because he turned into a smiling little boy and was unaware of the seriousness of my being strangled. I already get the rest of it, strangling could me inhibition from free speech.

what about my childhood friends I was visiting "the brothers" one was adopted and the other was a natural birth son......heh? I think Charlie Bass seemed more willing to help me from being strangled but he was owed money and the woman the childhood friends mother was going to pay him in "shoes", Glock was helpless because he turned into a smiling little boy and was unaware of the seriousness of my being strangled. I already get the rest of it, strangling could me inhibition from free speech.

well--are you inhibiting your freedom of speech ?

Forum List

Back