Dreams From My REAL Father

Yo...I was poor in my early 20's. So I bagged groceries for tips.
I am now retired at the age oif 54.

Flipping burgers is a means....it does not have to be the end. That is where you just dont get it.

No..I do get it.

Encouraging people to work minimum wage jobs is a fool's errand and horrible national policy.

There's nothing wrong with kids in high school taking on part time jobs for minimum wage, but when you are telling people that's the way out of poverty..it's basically a lie.

For people not lucky enough to be born rich..education is key.

No...you dont get it.

Encouraging people to take a minimum wage job allws them to earn an income, albeit small. It allows them to explore industries they may nbever have even thought about.

I know a guy who was laid off from his IT job at Morgan Stanley. He took a job at a local deli......and a year later opened up his own deli on Long Beach, long island this past May.

Will he succeeed? Maybe. In his next lifetime did he ever think he would own a deli? Not a chance in hell.....until he worked at one as a meat cutter, server.

No sallow...you dont get it.

:lol:

Riight, okay..

So your friend wasn't doing Market research when he was working in the deli..right?

Yeeeahh..

There's a place that's near me called Paulie Gee's. It was opened by an Tech guy who was laid off in his 50s and couldn't find work. He was blowing through his savings so he figured he'd open up a business. He worked in a few pizza shops to learn how they were run..took out a loan..and opened up the place.

The thing was..he had the education and the background as well as the savings to explore new possibilities.

You need an education even if you are to be a bricklayer. But It does not mean one must go to college to earn a good living.

true...but whether you go to college or not, taking a low level minimum wage job may be the first step in a great successful career.

Like I said...I bagged groceries...but 5 years later I sold my first company.

As a business owner there have been times I have earned less than min. wage.

My last few months running my bar..I drew no income..and was borrowing from family and former bosses to keep it open.

Yep..been down that road.

You need an education even if you are to be a bricklayer. But It does not mean one must go to college to earn a good living.

true...but whether you go to college or not, taking a low level minimum wage job may be the first step in a great successful career.

Like I said...I bagged groceries...but 5 years later I sold my first company.

As a business owner there have been times I have earned less than min. wage.

in 2009 I took no income from my business.

It opened me up to an audit....but I did not lay off a single employee during that time.

So what is your point?

No..I do get it.

Encouraging people to work minimum wage jobs is a fool's errand and horrible national policy.

There's nothing wrong with kids in high school taking on part time jobs for minimum wage, but when you are telling people that's the way out of poverty..it's basically a lie.

For people not lucky enough to be born rich..education is key.

No...you dont get it.

Encouraging people to take a minimum wage job allws them to earn an income, albeit small. It allows them to explore industries they may nbever have even thought about.

I know a guy who was laid off from his IT job at Morgan Stanley. He took a job at a local deli......and a year later opened up his own deli on Long Beach, long island this past May.

Will he succeeed? Maybe. In his next lifetime did he ever think he would own a deli? Not a chance in hell.....until he worked at one as a meat cutter, server.

Riight, okay..

So your friend wasn't doing Market research when he was working in the deli..right?

Yeeeahh..

There's a place that's near me called Paulie Gee's. It was opened by an Tech guy who was laid off in his 50s and couldn't find work. He was blowing through his savings so he figured he'd open up a business. He worked in a few pizza shops to learn how they were run..took out a loan..and opened up the place.

The thing was..he had the education and the background as well as the savings to explore new possibilities.

Actually...he was a computer geek.
He did not conduct market research. We werew sitting on the beach last summer and he asked me my advice as to when to open...I told him before the summer as the summer will give him a nice cushion...delis do well in the summer...

It was not his brains that did it for him. It most certtainly was not his college degree.

It was his desire to do something he had nbever been involved in before....until he saw how much money the o9wners of the deli were making.

No...you dont get it.

Riight, okay..

Yeeeahh..

Actually...he was a computer geek.
He did not conduct market research. We werew sitting on the beach last summer and he asked me my advice as to when to open...I told him before the summer as the summer will give him a nice cushion...delis do well in the summer...

It was not his brains that did it for him. It most certtainly was not his college degree.

It was his desire to do something he had nbever been involved in before....until he saw how much money the o9wners of the deli were making.

You just proved my point.

This is impressive..

Third world countries sort of have the same thing going.

No one should educate themselves.

If you are poor..go flip burgers.

Social mobility? Ha. That's a lie told to suckers.

Man..you guys are great.

:clap2:

Says it all. Some dopey kid living in mom's basement and a self appointed spokesman for the underpriviledged. Another bleeding heart "Robin Hood" left wing Liberal nutbag.

You make some pretty far flung assumptions.

Mom lives in California. I live in a rented Duplex in Brooklyn and own an apartment in Manhattan which I rent out.

I've worked in the IT field for the financial industry for over 15 years.

Unlike most people here..I ain't so anonymous..I have my pic up in my profile.

So who's the guy in the black shirt? :D

OP no you asshole I wont.

You dont get to tell women what the hell to do sexually and you sure as hell dont get to pass on to children what YOU see as the sins of the mother.

Go fuck a goat because no real woman wants to touch your tiny dick because you are NO womans fantasy.

On second thought leave the goat alone you dont deserve him

We need a clean up on aisle 6 please! Clean up on aisle 6!

We need to ban Truthmatters or whatever it's name is. It's just vile.

She commits suicide by Mod quite often, but like a bad penny....

OP no you asshole I wont.

You dont get to tell women what the hell to do sexually and you sure as hell dont get to pass on to children what YOU see as the sins of the mother.

Go fuck a goat because no real woman wants to touch your tiny dick because you are NO womans fantasy.

On second thought leave the goat alone you dont deserve him

We need a clean up on aisle 6 please! Clean up on aisle 6!

We need to ban Truthmatters or whatever it's name is. It's just vile.

Poor goatless boy

Forum List

Back