Dreaming of a Superhero

hjmick

Platinum Member
Mar 28, 2007
Charleston, SC
I think Maureen Dowd makes some very good points in her latest piece...

Dreaming of a Superhero

By MAUREEN DOWD

She sums it up nicely, I think...

...But superheroes and mythic figures must boldly lead. Obama’s caution — ingrained from a life of being deserted by his father and sometimes his mother, and of being, as he wrote to another girlfriend, “caught without a class, a structure, or tradition to support me” — has restrained him at times.

In some ways, he’s still finding himself, too absorbed to see what’s not working. But the White House is a very hard place to go on a vision quest, especially with a storm brewing.

Give it a read..

from the article:
"The president who started off with such dazzle now seems incapable of stimulating either the economy or the voters. His campaign is offering Obama 2012 car magnets for a donation of $10; cat collars reading “I Meow for Michelle” for $12; an Obama grill spatula for $40, and discounted hoodies and T-shirts. How the mighty have fallen."

Ouch!!

Yeah ouch.

I like Dowd, I don't always agree with her perspective, but I think she tries to call 'em as she sees 'em.

Obama peddling .25 cent magnets (no doubt made in China) for $12 and...WTF?... cat collars for campaign donations? You gotta laugh.

Forum List

Back