DREAM Act Passes in the House

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV

There are reports that, after a lengthy debate this evening, the DREAM Act finally went to a vote in the U.S. House of Representatives and passed with a 216-198 vote.

The legislation, which would allow the 65,000 young undocumented students who graduate high school each year to start a pathway to U.S. citizenship after completing two years of college or military service, only needed a simple majority vote to move to the Senate.

Florida Republicans apparently helped push the bill over the top.

[BREAKING:] DREAM Act Passes in the House - Orange County News - Navel Gazing

:evil:

That's great.

Allowing people to better themselves by serving the country in the military or going to College.

Leave it to conservatives to filibuster this in the Senate.

OMFG!

A controversial bill that would provide a path to citizenship for young illegal immigrants cleared the House on Wednesday, but now faces a daunting test in the Senate.

After a two-hour floor debate, the House passed the DREAM Act along mostly partisan lines, 216 to 198, with 38 Democrats voting against the bill and 8 Republicans supporting it.

Democrats framed the legislation as a civil-rights issue. Republicans denounced it as a “nightmare” amnesty plan that would encourage illegal immigration.

“The DREAM Act symbolizes what it means to be American,” said House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.). “It’s about equality. It’s about opportunity. It’s about the future.”

Read more: House passes DREAM Act - Scott Wong - POLITICO.com

Pelosi needs to be deported, hopefully the senate will kill this bill. If not we are screwed.

The Dems can't seem to get anything right hahaha...

I said a while back that Amnesty will be the thing that destroys Obama and I bet he is scared knowing it's heading his way haha.

I guess the Dems know they are headed out so why not pus through whatever they want because hey, what do they got to lose?

"Aliens are not more parties to the laws, than they are parties to the Constitution; yet it will not be disputed, that as they owe on one hand, a temporary obedience, they are entitled in return, to their protection and advantage."

-- James Madison; from 'Report on the Alien and Sedition Acts'

Trying to make legal voters out of a bunch of illegal aliens is going to be the only votes these shit stain, liberal, pieces of garbage democrats have left. They need people that are dependent on them to vote for them. Democrats would rather sell America down the river whoring for votes than protect it's sovereignty. I truly do hate liberals. There doesn't appear to be a fucking thing about them that's patriotic to America.

Won't make it out of the senate!

There are reports that, after a lengthy debate this evening, the DREAM Act finally went to a vote in the U.S. House of Representatives and passed with a 216-198 vote.

The legislation, which would allow the 65,000 young undocumented students who graduate high school each year to start a pathway to U.S. citizenship after completing two years of college or military service, only needed a simple majority vote to move to the Senate.

Florida Republicans apparently helped push the bill over the top.

[BREAKING:] DREAM Act Passes in the House - Orange County News - Navel Gazing

:evil:

Gonna be hard on Obama when something like 70% of Americans are against this Bill... But I guess it follows Obama's record. Obama: "Believe me this is the last things I wanted to do....... wait I already used that line on ever Bill I signed."

"Aliens are not more parties to the laws, than they are parties to the Constitution; yet it will not be disputed, that as they owe on one hand, a temporary obedience, they are entitled in return, to their protection and advantage."

They are entitled to nothing more than the rights applicable to the citizens of their state. When they enter here as criminals they deserve nothing but a return ticket, or worse.

Gonna be hard on Obama when something like 70% of Americans are against this Bill... But I guess it follows Obama's record. Obama: "Believe me this is the last things I wanted to do....... wait I already used that line on ever Bill I signed."

Its all part of that hope and change ya know.

20 million illiterate people who wave the flags of another country when then demand those rights?

The Dems can't seem to get anything right hahaha...

I said a while back that Amnesty will be the thing that destroys Obama and I bet he is scared knowing it's heading his way haha.

I guess the Dems know they are headed out so why not pus through whatever they want because hey, what do they got to lose?

Yeah, I am sure that it is it. I am sending my representative a request for $50,000. to study thong bathing suits in the Caymans in July. Hell, they got nothing to lose, but my vote, right?

I wonder which one of those morons came up with the name, "Dream Act?"

This is the line in the sand. Any rep who crosses this line gets booted out of office. Case closed.

I wonder which one of those morons came up with the name, "Dream Act?"

The ones hoping that no one notices the dream of getting illegals to vote for them.

Forum List

Back