Dream 6

Dirt McGirt

Bad Mother****er
Dec 19, 2006
The Demolition Man blows up Crocops nuts. Literally, he knee'd Crocop in the nuts several times and lodged one of his testicles up in his body. The fight was called a no decision. I wouldn't be surprised if Crocop's balls are like pancakes after having Kongo and Overeem declare war on his testicles. Even Lance Armstrong is laughing at Crocop. But seriously, Crocop looked like shit before the nut shots.
Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic Vs. Alistair Overeem Dream.6 Video | MMA Root

Jacare gets caught with an upkick by Moussasi and gets knocked out cold and loses the Grand Prix. He was totally dominating before that. So close.
Gegard Mousasi Vs. Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza Dream.6 Video | MMA Root

There's no question in my mind that Alistair is on the juice.

Cro Cop has definitly slid his past few fights. In his prime he was a knockout kicking machine.

He had an awesome fight with Emelianenko back in the day. What a war that was.

I watched the middleweight grand prix final earlier. That was a nasty KO - Jacare's lucky he didn't get his neck snapped.

Mousasi is for real. I doubt it'll happen but I'd love to see him fight Anderson Silva. I bet he'd win, too. Submitted a world-class striker and KO'd a world-class grappler on the same day. But maybe he should first fight Gono again (this is all assuming he eventually signs with the UFC which doesn't seem likely, at least int he foreseeable future).

Did you really think Jacare was dominating the fight, Dirt? He had no problem taking Mousasi down but it looked like he had a lot of trouble passing. Given that de Souza's probably one of the top 5 submission wrestlers in the world, Gegard must have a really solid guard.

You guys should check out Mousasi's semifinal bout with Manhoef. Another good fight :thup:

Cro Cop has definitly slid his past few fights. In his prime he was a knockout kicking machine.

He had an awesome fight with Emelianenko back in the day. What a war that was.

Crocop did give Emelianenko a war back in 05. He was probably fighter of the year in 06 when he KO'd Wanderlei and broke Barnett's eye socket in the Pride OWGP. Ever since he signed with the UFC, he hasn't been the same fighter. People point to the Randleman knockout and say that it's all mental but I'm not sure. I think his body is just broke with all the K1 kickboxing and MMA fights he's had. As a huge Crocop fan, I'm frustrated with his fights. He seems very tentative and whenever he does throw, it seems like he telegraphs his kicks.

I watched the middleweight grand prix final earlier. That was a nasty KO - Jacare's lucky he didn't get his neck snapped.

Mousasi is for real. I doubt it'll happen but I'd love to see him fight Anderson Silva. I bet he'd win, too. Submitted a world-class striker and KO'd a world-class grappler on the same day. But maybe he should first fight Gono again (this is all assuming he eventually signs with the UFC which doesn't seem likely, at least int he foreseeable future).

Did you really think Jacare was dominating the fight, Dirt? He had no problem taking Mousasi down but it looked like he had a lot of trouble passing. Given that de Souza's probably one of the top 5 submission wrestlers in the world, Gegard must have a really solid guard.

You guys should check out Mousasi's semifinal bout with Manhoef. Another good fight :thup:
Did you hear Manhoef's comments? He was too scared to stand and strike with me. LMAO. That line is becoming cliche among street fighters with no ground game who get submitted a minute into the fight.

I thought Jacare was dominating before that upkick. I'm sorry but an upkick KO is lucky no matter who lands it. Even Gegard was like, holy shit I won?

I'm not taking anything away from Gegard, but de Souza is a much better fighter. ITA agree with him being top 5 submission fighter. IMO, Jacare is the best BJJ fighter in the world. His stand up sucks though.

There's no way Gegard lasts 5 minutes with Silva. He'd get KTFO before he could even get him to the ground.

Re-watched the fight. Gotta disagree about Jacare "dominating" though. He got a takedown and was controlling the fight, but barely landed any punches and couldn't pass Mousasi's guard.

I DO agree that Overeem is juicing his brains out.

Dream 6 story and pictures Kharitonov and Alistair - Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Scroll down towards the bottom. That fucker's nuts are probably the size of sunflower seeds. He's gained a shitload of mass and lost a few %BF since moving to HW.

Re-watched the fight. Gotta disagree about Jacare "dominating" though. He got a takedown and was controlling the fight, but barely landed any punches and couldn't pass Mousasi's guard.

I DO agree that Overeem is juicing his brains out.

Dream 6 story and pictures Kharitonov and Alistair - Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Scroll down towards the bottom. That fucker's nuts are probably the size of sunflower seeds. He's gained a shitload of mass and lost a few %BF since moving to HW.

Well, it's not like the fight was 5 minutes long so I can see where you might say controlling instead of dominate. But I only used the word dominate because Mousasi landed zero offense in the fight up until the upkick, plus I'm a huge fan of Jacare's BJJ and wanted him to win the GP. :D

I admit my bias and was all up on his nuts like a knee from Cheick Kongo.

Personally, I think Dream needed a clear cut victory from Overeem or Crocop to survive. They needed a clear cut champion, they pretty much just gave Crocop the title. We really need another one of these MMA promotions, whether it be Dream, Affliction, EXC, or Strikeforce, to be successful for the longterm so it can compete with the UFC. I'm tired of seeing Houston Alexander get his ass kicked every 4 months.

Forum List

Back