Dragon age

Do you have a Custom built computer? or just a Stock one?

I've been reading more and more Reviews about it, so i might actually buy it tonight or pretty soon..

What are your specs for your Desktop?

This is a pretty new game and I got it for Christmas. So far this game is the best I have ever played. I highly recommend this game. It does come in Xbox and PS3 but I hear the PC is the best game play.

Any here playing this game too?

Here is a picture of my armour and the second picture is me and 3 of my party members after a quest was solved. This isn't a cutscene, this is actually what you see while playing the game. Very real like! Graphics are astounding in this game. After I kill something I have blood splattered all over myself. :lol:

Lera.jpg

This next picture is too big so here is the link to view it:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c271/Lera213/Terry.jpg
I have it for the PS3 but haven't played it yet. I hear is along the lines of the Baldar's Gate PC game which I have.

I got this for xbox. What little I've played of it has been good; I'll get around to finishing it after I beat Assassin's Creed 2, which is another fucking amazing game.

Sorry I've been playing the game so much and taking a break for a few hours. *LAUGH*

My spec's are as follow:

• AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+
  • CPU_Manufacturer: AuthenticAMD
  • Motherboard; ASUS M3A32-MVP DELUXE
  • 6 gigs of DDR2 Ram
  • NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

• 3DMark 2006
    • 3DMark Score: 9,703.00 3DMarks
    • SM2.0 Score: 4,306.00
    • HDR/SM3.0 Score: 5,113.00
    • CPU Score: 1,944.00
    • Game Score: 0.00 Points
    • SM2.0 Graphics Tests
    • GT1 - Return To Proxycon: 35.51 FPS
    • GT2 - Firefly Forest: 36.25 FPS
    • CPU Tests
    • CPU1 - Red Valley: 0.61 FPS
    • CPU2 - Red Valley: 0.99 FPS
    • HDR/SM3.0 Graphics Tests
    • HDR1 - Canyon Flight: 55.67 FPS
    • HDR2 - Deep Freeze: 46.60 FPS
  • Call Of Juarez DX10
    • Minimum: 14.05
    • Maximum: 62.60
    • Average: 27.84
  • Unreal Tournament 3 Demo
    • Average FPS: 60.20 FPS
    • Time Spent Over 30 FPS: 99.67 percent of total benchmark time was spent above 30 FPS

Now the game is still a little buggy playing a PC not too bad but if you don't have a decent PC or fall barely at the minimum requirements you'll have a hard time with the game. I didn't. The only problem I have had so far is in one area my game crashed to the desktop but I figured what the bug was an was able to get around it. (autosave, I didn't have a save for the area, once I saved manually before I entered any main door in this area the problems stopped)Oh and memory leak in the game at times: If it takes a long time to enter a door way, then you need to save game, exit, restart PC and try playing again. Both are really a pain in the ass.

I did the update for the game before I even created a Character, so I'm thinking this might be where some people had major errors with playing their game then did I.

I heard that people who bought the game through Steam or online purchase had a hard time installing and getting that extra stuff.

There are a few mods out there but be very careful in which ones you try and use. Apparently if you try to change your stats to increase them...a message will be sent back to bio-ware and you will be considered a cheater.

This game has a lot of banter in it and my favorite is Alistar's and Wynne's. *laughing*

Yes, there is romance in the game, and sex but it is very short and not graphic. I think people out there are hungry for more for there are mods out there to have a threesome, gay, and whatever. *laugh*

The difference so far that I found out from a console game and playing on a PC is that you have more control on your companions and you're able to install some cool mods where as on a console you cannot do those things.

The mistakes I made so far and I hope people take notice before they start playing this game are:

1-Take your time to select exactly what you want your character to look like;hair, face, ect.

2-save before you do anything....pain in the ass but trust me, I didn't do that and now I screwed a few quest up and I cannot go back. If you select the wrong option, you'll won't be able to complete it. Save, new game, each time before you speak to an NPC this way if you do the wrong thing then you can just reload and try another option with that NPC. I didn't do that shit :(

Next post I'll add some screenshots. LOL

Ok off to play the game...getting ready to do anvil void...freaking hard as hell!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and on Bio-ware Dragon Age website you can locate me as LeraG, so send me a message and add me as a friend.

Last edited:
Great game but some things I'm disappointed with:

1-my character never talks
2-NPC do not call me by my name
3-Memory Leak
4-wait time for loading in new area
5-No pin option on map to put your notes...grrr...I miss this one,,,nwn had it.
6-pretty fancy good gear for female players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is it for now. I haven't even finished the game yet but on my next walkthrough, I'll create a new Character, and this time not make the stupid mistakes!

I also found that the German synchronisation is, while technically good, a bit weird.
For me the accents that the Bard and the Assasin (LOL, one of the funniest characters I know) have in the original add a lot to them, and the German voice of the Golem is quite stupid.
I am interested in knowing wether the same sex cutscenes have been "cut" in more "censoring" countries, given that both the Bard and the Assasin are bisexual.

The ritual of a certain Swamp witch is also amusing if you are female, convincing either Alistair or the secret other character to participate in it can lead to highly amusing situations.

Some random hints:

-mages rock
-certain spells (Inferno, Tempest, Blizzard, crushing prison, all curses) do not require line of sight, meaning that, in a dungeon, you can be behind a wall, send your thief (Leliana or Zevran) to scout the area and spam those spells on the totally hapless enemies.
-Use the famed tactic of "when self lower than 25% health, use health potion"
-Shatter (cone of Cold or petrify + Stone Fist or any critical hit) instantly kills regular enemies.
-Force Field is soooo overpowered....

Considering Banter, I can recommand Zevrans with anybody (especially Wynne and the "secret character" LOL), Shale with Sten, Shale with Leliana ("If I have a heart then only because I ate somebody who had one"), Sten with Leliana (Softiee!).
Oghren is quite a laugh too. Oghren trying to hit on Wynne is sooo priceless.

Considering the dude in the alley: You can convince him to go away with a persuade check, but killing him propably is mroe worthwhile.

Spoiler:
Certain characters can turn against you under certain circumstances.
-Both Wynne and Leliana will attack you if you destroy the urn of andraste
-Zevran will turn on you prior to the landsmeet if below I think 40 approval
-Shale will turn on you if you side with Branka.

I also found that the German synchronisation is, while technically good, a bit weird.
For me the accents that the Bard and the Assasin (LOL, one of the funniest characters I know) have in the original add a lot to them, and the German voice of the Golem is quite stupid.
I am interested in knowing wether the same sex cutscenes have been "cut" in more "censoring" countries, given that both the Bard and the Assasin are bisexual.

The ritual of a certain Swamp witch is also amusing if you are female, convincing either Alistair or the secret other character to participate in it can lead to highly amusing situations.

Some random hints:

-mages rock
-certain spells (Inferno, Tempest, Blizzard, crushing prison, all curses) do not require line of sight, meaning that, in a dungeon, you can be behind a wall, send your thief (Leliana or Zevran) to scout the area and spam those spells on the totally hapless enemies.
-Shatter (cone of Cold or petrify + Stone Fist or any critical hit) instantly kills regular enemies.

Considering Banter, I can recommand Zevrans with anybody (especially Wynne and the "secret character" LOL), Shale with Sten, Shale with Leliana ("If I have a heart then only because I ate somebody who had one"), Sten with Leliana (Softiee!).

Considering the dude in the alley: You can convince him to go away with a persuade check, but killing him propably is mroe worthwhile.

Spoiler:

Just don't use shale when doing the anvil quest.

Using him works totally fine if siding with Carradin (nets some nice influence with him too and opens her personal quest), and well, Branka is stark raving mad anyway.
However I think that this decision is at least a decision, compared to the decision of defiling the sacred ashes which yields nearly nothing for loosing 2 characters (you can keep Leliana if hardened). If you could summon the Cultists / the High Dragon (again, the Loot of the High Dragon is nice, something that is bad for its survival) for the final battle there would be some worth, but so ;D

The Golems are nice auxiallieries, but I find the Dwarfs (especially if you speak with the Legion of the Damned leader Kardol after completing "A paragon of her kind", a simple persuade will change half of the Dwarfs in the final battle into nifty Legionaries) to be usefull enough.

I'm currently on the Mage's Tower quest, and have finished recruited the Dalish elves. I love this game.

And like you, Terry, I also have an awesome 9800 GT. If you like Dragon Age, I presume you are looking forward to Mass Effect 2 (also by Bioware) about to be released in a week or so? In-game graphics blow even Dragon Age away...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itHsEbDelbQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itHsEbDelbQ[/ame]

Some random hints:

-mages rock

Spoiler:
I cannot imagine this in German. LOL.

I loved the banter between Zevran and Alistair after your character sleeps with alistair. LOL Zevran wants to give Alistair some hints on how to be a good lover. LMAO

English version Leliana is bisexual also, she sure does talk to much. I got the mod so that any person with magic can open locks just so I don't have to lug Leliana along with me to open locks. *howls with laughter* If your interested the mod is: Open Lock Spells
================
v1.4 by jwvanderbeck

Homepage: Mods « Beyond Ferelden

I finished the game and married Allistair and made him king and me queen. I started a new character now but I just adore Allistairs boy navie charm and love the banter between him and Morrigan/Wynne/Zevran.

Zevran is just too freaking funny and I cannot bed that guy so he usually stays in camp but I do take him out once in a while just to hear his banter. LOL

Wynne I found lifeforce set up in tactics for any alley is a freaking great thing. Especially once you get to the later parts of the game.

My order of quest were:

Ostagar (of course) Circle of Tower, Redcliff, Urn of ashes, Haven, Forrest, Orzamma, Denerim, then landsmeet stuff.

I had sten fight Loghain

Also I usually go into the forrest first just to buy tons of elf root so I can make a lot of greater potions as soon as possible.

I set wynne up to only heal and keep her in light armour, morrigan goes along just so she can drain life and use horror or sleep on archers, then it's Allistair and I on the front lines. It has worked with out dying so far on my 2nd character.

Oh funny banter indeed. That chick you get to learn a specialization from, I think she is in Denerim...oh when she ask you did you come here for """ or something else...save game first and say something else..then start the dialog to have a threesome...LMAO that was so funny!

I haven't tried to bed Shale yet..wonder what that would be like or if it is possible. Cannot imagine trying to swoon Sten either.

Oh yeah I also added the mod so that when I click on sleep with (NPC) you see the cutscene every time of the love making instead of just the one time. I tried very hard this time not to get Allistair to love me right away to test if he try to court you harder but nope. It is set by events in the game. Oh well, I'm just disappointed that there wasn't more banter at the end of the game after you beat landsmeet.

I suppose the expansion when it comes out will start off with Morrigan and the little thing she got to take with her in the end. (I won't spoil that part)

Mass Effect looks great graphically but it isn't my type of game. I don't like shoot em' up type games.

I haven't played this game in like a month ... I just got away from it. I tend to do that with games.

If for some reason I get into the new FF Online game when it comes out I want RGS to be in my linkshell and be our primary enforcer. I think we could get along just fine playing online games.

If for some reason I get into the new FF Online game when it comes out I want RGS to be in my linkshell and be our primary enforcer. I think we could get along just fine playing online games.

Never played Final Fantasy. Ever.

FFXI Online was nothing like the console series if you aren't into those games.

It's really just another MMORPG. In order to be an effective party member and an elite player you need to really understand the battle system. If you get 6 adults that know what the eff they are doing you can have a grand ole' time with FF Online.

I hear the game is almost dead now tho.

I'll play any D&D type role playing game. I really am not good at shoot'em up type games at all. I rather suck at all games except the ones like NWN, DAO,Diablo

I'll play any D&D type role playing game. I really am not good at shoot'em up type games at all. I rather suck at all games except the ones like NWN, DAO,Diablo

I like most games. The Dragon Age and borderlands are cool, to vent I love shoot em up games.

I love treasure hunting in the roll playing games. I love leveling up my character and using new spells against monsters and all other enemies

Forum List

Back