Draft: Would you go?

I feel no obligation to die for the government.

The "war" in the Middle East is a nothing but the result of political games of brinksmanship. No country in the Middle East that we are currently engaged in hostilities with is or ever was a threat to the United States.

So the answer is no I would not go.

It's clear what you really "feel." It's the yellow stripe down your back.

Not wanting to die for the personal ambitions of politicians hardly makes someone a coward.

No way would I risk my life for someone else's country. Especially the Middle East.

Fuck 'em, let them fight their own wars.

The "war" in the Middle East is a nothing but the result of political games of brinksmanship. No country in the Middle East that we are currently engaged in hostilities with is or ever was a threat to the United States.

Go get em' bad ass. You've probably never been behind a gun in your life much less shot at.

How soon we forget or allow ourselves to be blinded.

I enlisted in 71, retired in 93.

In 2001 America was sucker punched and I called a recruiter to see if i could get back in. I couldn't because I'd already had a stent in my heart.

Yet so many sit here on their dead asses and talk shit about how Afghanistan wasn't necessary. The cowards who attacked us were trained and funded in Afghanistan (Other than the flight training we gave them) We had every right in the world to go in there. And I would have gone in a minute.....

How about FDR's war, WWII?

You don't get to 'pick' your war, shitforbrains.

Go get em' bad ass.

Where did I claim "bad ass," R.eally C.an't be a Christian?

Not wanting to die for the personal ambitions of politicians hardly makes someone a coward.

Trying to hide behind that excuse when called upon by your country certainly does.

How about FDR's war, WWII?

I understand there is no draft but with the US involved in multiple wars, with your gung ho attitude Iam sure you volunteer for military service and I was just curious as to what branch of the military you serve in?

So if the country had a draft today to fight in the Middle East, would you go?
Not_-only_-No.gif

KeyboardWarriors.jpg

I understand there is no draft...

That's a start. Congratulations on the improvement.

Nice try at avoiding the question.

I wasn't avoiding anything. I was paying you the considerable compliment of recognizing that you actually posted something true.

As for the rest, I have never served in our nation's armed forces nor have I ever claimed to have done so. I registered for selective service as required but was not called upon during the years I would have likely been eligible for the draft. If called upon I would have of course served, as I would now if some national crisis demanded an expansion of the draft age.

So you wouldn't have enlisted just waited to be drafted, right?

There was a general call to serve at the time, so I would have.

And don't try to employ tag questions to answer for me, you dishonest fuck.

Perhaps you shouldn't call people yellow for not wanting to serve, especially since you did not serve. Many people did not want to serve, but they served including a medal winner Sargeant York.

So you wouldn't have enlisted just waited to be drafted, right?

There was a general call to serve at the time, so I would have.

And don't try to employ tag questions to answer for me, you dishonest fuck.

Perhaps you shouldn't call people yellow for not wanting to serve...

For declaring their refusal to serve even if drafted? I'll call them whatever the fuck I want, thanks.

Forum List

Back