Draft: Would you go?

You know you asswipes that ignore the facts just piss me off. Fact is we were attacked by a group who had trained and whose leader was being protected by the Government in Afghanistan, Doesn't matter if they were Mexican or Canadian the guy we wanted was in Afghanistan.
Which is why we attacked Iraq and lost over five thousand troopers, suffered thousands more maimed and ruined, and wasted almost five trillion dollars. Right?

And unless you've been out there in the fight you have nothing to fucking say about how any soldier feels.
The reason I would not go sky-diving is if my parachute didn't open I would have all the way down to answer to myself about -- why! What the hell am I doing here?

So if ever I was "... out there in the fight" you may rest assured I would be asking myself why I'm there. Hopefully I would be as able as my father was to know I was there to protect my family and my Nation against an enemy who was capable of taking them from me. But if instead I was some dimwit who allowed myself to be placed into armed combat against persons who never did a thing to my Country and who lacked the capability to do so, and whose country I was invading for no lawful and legitimate reason, I would have a problem because I am unable to bullshit myself into believing I'm some kind of heroic Rambo simply because I've allowed myself to be mis-used and placed in harm's way by conniving, self-serving politicians. I am much too confident of my masculinity to need that kind of synthetic self-adulation.

So, as I've told you before, Ollie, if you served in World War Two you have my sincere gratitude and admiration. Otherwise you have my sympathy -- but only if you were drafted. If you enlisted you don't even have that. Because you did it to yourself and if you think there was a good reason for doing it you are jerking yourself off.

So if the country had a draft today to fight in the Middle East, would you go?

to support a country that is trying to change my constitutional right to even own a gun? and they want me to take up arms for them? I would not fight for Obama

Richard Nixon, a Republican, ended the Vietnam war, started by a democrat, when I was 17. I was prepared to go. I used to tell people back then that if I got drafted I would go.

I'd go still but I doubt they need a 58 year old.

The French were defeated by the Vietnamese in 1956, that's when we got involved, who was president then?

involved? not to war with. by your rational we are currently at war with Libya, Syria, Egypt and a host of other locations. good god do libs ever try to spin the shit out of everything

Studies were made at the end of WWII as to why men fight, and the number one answer was decided to be they fight for their comrades about them. During WWII I also believe that one GI out of 18 were in combat, The other seventeen supported the combat GI. The seventeen were essential for support and were to be admired, As the war continued in very very very rare instances one of those seventeen might find themselves suddenly in an infantry squad.

There are conventional bombs and conventional missiles, drones, subs etc. .

You can't win a war by just lobbing bombs from afar, you stupid fucking shit.

We could actually. If we didnt care about civilian casualties, we could carpet bomb every city and town until nothing was left standing. Im not saying we SHOULD do that, but I am saying we COULD.

Which was the only way 'Taliban strongholds' were ever going to be destroyed and the war won.
It wasn't done, and the drug trade wasn't stopped...so the US and its Allies lost.
Big waste of good Christian Western lives.

All's fair in love and war...the fire-bombing of Tokyo, nuking of Japan...and bombing of Germany including Dresden.
Allies won the war.

Did AQ and the Taliban care one iota about the Christian Western etc civilians on the hijacked planes and in the Towers?

"Bombs away!" "Drones away!" "Missiles away!"

Last edited:
You can't win a war by just lobbing bombs from afar, you stupid fucking shit.

We could actually. If we didnt care about civilian casualties, we could carpet bomb every city and town until nothing was left standing. Im not saying we SHOULD do that, but I am saying we COULD.

Which was the only way 'Taliban strongholds' were ever going to be destroyed and the war won.
It wasn't done, and the drug trade wasn't stopped...so the US and its Allies lost.
Big waste of good Christian Western lives.

Attacking Taliban Strongholds and killing some of them while occupying the Muslim cities does not make things better, it makes them worse. So unless you intend trying to kill every Muslim that ever breathed, good luck with eradicating Muslim extremists,

Forum List

Back