-Draft- READ important

Originally posted by op3g
I dought that our own military would fire on its own citizens if the whole country was in revolt.... just thinking that they would would be retarded -.- If the citizens revolted there would be no economy to support the army anyway

First, there wouldnt be a major civilian uprising. Many would honorably serve if the draft is called. It would probably be about 10-20% of the population to begin with of which half would probably flee to Canada before anything started. The main reason many dont want the draft is because they dont want to fight. Why on earth would they start a fight against a highly trained military if they didnt want to fight?

It's really quite funny where some threads can end up. :)

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
I'd be willing to bet that 200 million citizens acting in concert would put an end to martial law right quick.

Anyway, let's not forget why we began speaking about martial law and how it could be opposed. Yeah, it's ridiculous. There's no way in hell that the American populous would rise up against their own military. It was merely a hypothetical situation combined with a statement of the obvious by DKSuddeth.

Douglas

Originally posted by Avatar4321
I would think quite the opposite that many americans would rise up to the challenge of the draft and honorably be willing to serve.

I agree. This post was in response to the martial law bit, not the draft. You're right, most people would go and fight as best they could. There would be protests here, but no kind of civil war.

New Topics

Forum List

Back