Draft John McCain

M

McCainFan

Some friends of mine just launched a site to draft John McCain to run as an independent. And I mean, just launched. It went live in the last few hours.

I was planning to write-in McCain's name anyway, so even though it is a long shot, I just joined. Anyway, to those who might share my disdain for both Kerry and Bush...

*edited by SE*

Cheers...

My apologies. My first time on the site obviously, but I'll be back. This site has some of the more coherent political discussion I've seen on message board these days.

If I was an American and McCain was running, I'd totally vote for him. He's always seemed pretty sensible. Him and Colin Powell would make excellent POTUS' in my opinion. However, he's put his support towards Bush so I wouldn't hold my breath for a McCain independent. Welcome!

McCain as president would be great, but I'd rather he waited until 2008 and ran. I don't think his chances would be that good getting in this late, plus a split in votes between Bush and McCain would make a split between Nader and Kerry look like nothing.

McCain is a liberal, just a hair right of Jim Jeffords. He's big stifler of the 1st amendment. Bad choice for president not that he will ever get the chance.

After the campaign finance "reform" that McCain insisted on passing, McCain will never get a penny of my money or a second of my time. His CFR has been the greatest setback to free speech - especially political speech that was of primery concern to the Founding Fathers - since the Sedition Acts of 1798.

Can't do McCain either. CFR was a joke. If Cheney stepped down he would be a good strategic choice as veep but he's to liberal for me to vote for him as pres.

What is the point of this? serious? McCain wouldnt accept any nomination even if you offered it. he is supporting the President because he thinks the President is the right guy for the job. Besides he already lost to the President once, how on earth are things going to be different this time? More than likely wed just see Kerry become President and quite likely see terrorists attack at an unprecedented pace. Do you really want that?

Does a man who purposed legislation that violates the constitution deserve to be President?

Do we need a man who oftens says he is corrupt and lies to become President or do we want someone who is confident because he is virtuous?

The fact is if McCain didnt support the military and was pro choice he would be a Democrat because he supports them on almost everything else. I know he is a war hero and he suffered alot more most people ever will for this country, but that doesnt give him a pass for all the poor choices he has made as a politician. I will not vote for McCain for any Republican nomination. Condi or guiliani for 08.

Originally posted by JIHADTHIS
Wouldn't that be a trip:

Condi vs Hillary in 08

Id love to see Hillary try to argue that she is the choice for minorities if Condi is running haha. that would be entertaining.

Damn! When I first read your "draft McCain" title, I was hoping that there was a growing movement to send him BACK to that POW camp. Oh, well!

Yeah, if my boy Newt doesn't run in 2008- and I highly doubt he will- Condy is my second choice.

I find it exremely hypocritical of most 'on the right' to try to tell the left that they should be more moderate, yet mccain (a picture of being moderate) is ridiculed by supporters of his own party. :rolleyes:

McCain Fan, What would he do differently than George Bush, in your understanding? Just curious. And Welcome!

DkSuddeth-

Dude, I know that I talk up Joe Lieberman & bag on McCain, but I have NOOOOO problem with moderate Republicans- well, except that they always want to play nice with liberals. Rudy, for instance, is a great guy and I might be convinced to vote for him in 2008. However, my problem with McCain is that he is an opportunistic dirtbag. His only pleasure in life is stabbing knives into the back of President Bush.

Trust me, if I had to give advice to the Dems- like I ever would- it would be to never let McCain into their party. If they were to, he would start stabbing THEM in their backs.

Bottom Line: John McCain has a constituency of one: John McCain!

Forum List

Back