Draft-dodging NY governor wants deferment for son

Gabriella84 said:
All full-time college students in good standing and regular attendance were exempt from military service. It wasn't draft dodging. Neither of my parents were drafted.

All of the negatives drawn from the Viet Nam war were the result of the United States being there unlawfully in the first place. As though who are willing to read know, Viet Nam was the first "prime time" war. The images were shown on TV every night. You got to see the death and suffering on both sides.
This is why our government so tightly restricts media access to war areas now. They don't want to make the same mistakes.

The horrible images of Viet Nam inflamed the social conscience of America. It prompted millions to protest against further slaughter of American soldiers. I have always been proud of my parents for doing what they felt was right. Rather than what was considered socially and politically correct. Like so many of you are doing now.

College was the way for most of the draft dodgers to get out of the draft. It also kept the rich kids out of the draft. It was called an educational defferment.

As you obviously don't know the war began with advisors being sent to assist South Vietnam, at that countries request. It was esculated in 65 by the gulf of Tonkin incident. Which was a fictious attack on a destroyer by N. Viet gunboats. It was concocted by the Johnson administration (a democrat in case you didn't know). It was decided then to esculate the war by introducing American combat troops. It was all backed by the democratic congress at the time. Nothing illigal there. The UN stayed out of it.

I was there so not only do I read and know, I saw it first hand. The images like today were specially edited and shown on TV every night. But there were not many reporters that left the safe areas of Saigon to go to the field and film what was really happening. I only saw two camera men the whole time I was there. They were from Stars and Stripes and didn't go out too far from the base camp.

The military needs to restrict media. The media tend to tell what the troops are doing and that could cost lives in a combat zone. Once again you have no clue cause its beyond anything you have or will experience.

Your parents and you are the ones doing what you consider to be socially and politically correct. There's a big difference between whats correct and whats right.

ScreamingEagle said:
There's a name for offspring like you: red diaper doper babies

If you want to know what it means, read Michael Savage.

Unnecessary. When did name-calling come back into style?

ScreamingEagle said:
There's a name for offspring like you: red diaper doper babies

If you want to know what it means, read Michael Savage.

She (Gabby) needs to go to www.michaelsavage.com
There she will be able to view pictures of what the enemy did to many innocent people....the same people she wants to support!

gaffer said:
As you obviously don't know the war began with advisors being sent to assist South Vietnam, at that countries request. It was esculated in 65 by the gulf of Tonkin incident. Which was a fictious attack on a destroyer by N. Viet gunboats. It was concocted by the Johnson administration (a democrat in case you didn't know). It was decided then to esculate the war by introducing American combat troops. It was all backed by the democratic congress at the time. Nothing illigal there. The UN stayed out of it.

I'm sorry I disagree with the comment "ficticious attack" The crew was taken into custody by NVA...as POW's
The first American combat troops introduced into the conflict after the advisors was the 7th Air Cav...a renewed rendition of Custers 7th... ;)

Gabriella84 said:
All full-time college students in good standing and regular attendance were exempt from military service. It wasn't draft dodging. Neither of my parents were drafted.

All of the negatives drawn from the Viet Nam war were the result of the United States being there unlawfully in the first place. As though who are willing to read know, Viet Nam was the first "prime time" war. The images were shown on TV every night. You got to see the death and suffering on both sides.
This is why our government so tightly restricts media access to war areas now. They don't want to make the same mistakes.

The horrible images of Viet Nam inflamed the social conscience of America. It prompted millions to protest against further slaughter of American soldiers. I have always been proud of my parents for doing what they felt was right. Rather than what was considered socially and politically correct. Like so many of you are doing now.

You say potato, I say pot"ah"to. They ran to college in order to not be drafted and then protested the draft and the war under that blanket of protection which makes them draft dodgers and scumbags in my book.

Please explain how we were there unlawfully and how we are in Iraq unlawfully. I'm sure all i'll get is some bullshit though.......history revisionist.

Ok, I keep hearing all this nonsense about an "illegal" war. Well, I want to hear a full definition of what constitutes a legal or illegal war. I want to see what test you put the war through to determine legality and I want to see it applied, step by step to both legal and illegal wars.

archangel said:
gaffer said:

I'm sorry I disagree with the comment "ficticious attack" The crew was taken into custody by NVA...as POW's
The first American combat troops introduced into the conflict after the advisors was the 7th Air Cav...a renewed rendition of Custers 7th... ;)

There were no prisoners taken. It was a supposed attack by NV gunboats against a destroyer, which supposedly sank or damaged the gunboats. It was admitted to being a hoax about 25 years later to give us an excuse to escalate. Your probably thinking of the north korea ephisode with the pueblo. That was much later and did involve prisoners being taken.

The 7th's action took place in the Il Drang valley in 1965 and was the first real major engagement between the NVA and US army. Like all the battles the NVA lost. But they showed their cruelty by slaughtering wound soldiers. They weren't the brave warriors fighting for their liberty that the left likes to portray them as. They invaded south Vietnam and were ruthless killers. Real torture and murder were not beneath them.

The war would have been over in 68 with the tet offensive had it not been for cronkite and the lib fools supporting NV. The VC were virtually wiped out. And the North was looking to capitulate. But people like gabs parents inspired the north to keep going. They prolonged the war for another 4 years. So gab can be proud.

gaffer said:
archangel said:
There were no prisoners taken. It was a supposed attack by NV gunboats against a destroyer, which supposedly sank or damaged the gunboats. It was admitted to being a hoax about 25 years later to give us an excuse to escalate. Your probably thinking of the north korea ephisode with the pueblo. That was much later and did involve prisoners being taken.

The 7th's action took place in the Il Drang valley in 1965 and was the first real major engagement between the NVA and US army. Like all the battles the NVA lost. But they showed their cruelty by slaughtering wound soldiers. They weren't the brave warriors fighting for their liberty that the left likes to portray them as. They invaded south Vietnam and were ruthless killers. Real torture and murder were not beneath them.

The war would have been over in 68 with the tet offensive had it not been for cronkite and the lib fools supporting NV. The VC were virtually wiped out. And the North was looking to capitulate. But people like gabs parents inspired the north to keep going. They prolonged the war for another 4 years. So gab can be proud.

On the Pueblo was N/Korea...just checking to see if ya were for real...also
I am a Vietnam era vet...very familiar with the 7th,1st,and 2nd cav's...US Army 1964-1968 Armored and Air cav...... ;)

Gabriella84 said:

Don't you find it very hypocritical of you to say on the one hand that your parents were not "draft-dodgers" because they were in good standing an attending university but then try to say that Pataki is trying to avoid service because he wants to attend - university. I am very confused. So if a liberal avoids a war to attend a university they are "enlightened" but if a conservative attends a university during war they are avoiding service.

Typical liberal.

freeandfun1 said:
Don't you find it very hypocritical of you to say on the one hand that your parents were not "draft-dodgers" because they were in good standing an attending university but then try to say that Pataki is trying to avoid service because he wants to attend - university. I am very confused. So if a liberal avoids a war to attend a university they are "enlightened" but if a conservative attends a university during war they are avoiding service.

Typical liberal.

You aren't confused. You understand what our "enlightened" Gabby is saying.

freeandfun1 said:

Typical liberal.

She also said her father was in the air force and her mother volunteered for something in support of the war effort. Maybe she can explain, I have a splitting headache.

Said1 said:
She also said her father was in the air force and her mother volunteered for something in support of the war effort. Maybe she can explain, I have a splitting headache.

well ......... when you invent the world you live in it is difficult to keep track of the facts

Forum List

Back