Dr Shelby Steele says Black problems are not because of Racism but because of freedom.

Shelby Steele?

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Are the only blacks you guys read sellouts?
You didn't answer the question, true to form you attacked the man.

It is apparent what my answer is.
I didn't ask if you thought Dr Steele was an Uncle Tom. I asked whether his message is right or wrong. You are dodging the question.

It is apparent what my answer is. I am not going to play the game played here whereby you see your question was answered but you keep asking me to answer the question. Anyone with a functioning brain cab see what the answer is.
Your answer is, because he doesn’t agree with my distorted view of reality he is a sellout and not to be taken seriously. You really are a piece of shit.

My view is just fine. But since you think it's distorted:

Prove when racism ended and its effects were allayed. Show, with data and peer-reviewed studies supporting your argument, when the effects of the hundreds of years of anti-Black racism from chattel slavery through Old Jim Crow leveled off. Show when the wealth expropriated during that oppression was repaid to those it was expropriated from and through. And remember, after you’ve addressed the end of anti-Black racism you’ll still have to explain when anti-Latinx, anti-Asian, anti-Arab, and anti-Native racism came to an end as well.

Because the lack of progress affects us as well....or shall we say the lack of progress?

Whatever lack of progress you claim is primarily due to whites.

Unjust Public Policies Drive the Massive Racial Wealth Gap in America: Study

The yawning racial wealth gap in the United States is no accident, but rather, driven by unjust public policy decisions—from the re-segregation of education to the redlining of home ownership to poverty wages, according to a new analysis by Brandeis University and the public policy organization Demos.

Inequalities are vast, note the researchers. For example, Census data shows that, in 2011, median white households in the U.S. held $111,146 in wealth, compared to a mere $7,113 for Black homes and $8,348 for Latino ones.

These disparities emerge from historical choices on the political and policy levels, the researchers note.

"The racial wealth gap is large because we instituted it in public policy historically and continue to make public policies that exacerbate the problems," said report coauthor Catherine Ruetschlin, a senior policy analyst at Demos, in a press statement. Therefore, it is vital "to find new opportunities to address the way that we’re constantly perpetuating this disparity between black, white and Latino families," Ruetschlin continued.

Researchers offer a series of solutions aimed at reversing these trends, from equalizing home ownership to racially integrating schools at all levels. In addition, the study calls for a significant boost to the minimum wage, as well as "making it easier for workers to form and join unions."

The researchers' focus on poverty pay echoes the growing call from low-wage workers for society to address the role of poverty wages in driving racial inequality.

"Black and Latino workers are disproportionately likely to be employed in positions that pay the minimum wage or just above and would benefit the most from an increase in the federal minimum wage," the report states.

The researchers continue, "With new research indicating that minimum wage increases have not reduced employment, a hike in the federal minimum wage from its current low rate of $7.25 would boost the incomes of many of the lowest paid Black and Latino workers and have the potential to decrease the racial wealth gap."

The Racial Wealth Gap: Why Policy Matters

Funny....I know several black people who do just fine.
Hell,we even had a black president.
If you cant make it in this country it has nothing to do with your skin color.

Opinions are like buttholes, these are the facts.
The Racial Wealth Gap: Why A Typical White Household Has 16 Times The Wealth Of A Black One
The Racial Wealth Gap: Why A Typical White Household Has 16 Times The Wealth Of A Black One

Thanks for showing once again clearly that Whites do everything better than other races. Work more, Earn more, Pay more.

All you do better is deny people of color the same chances. Because you know you cannot compete.

HOW DO I DENY YOU OR ANYONE ANYTHING? All the same opportunities that are out there for me are out there for you. Show me an employment agency or jobs list that specifies a single job for a white or black applicant only? There you go with yet another racist, race-oriented, race-hating attitude. It oozes from your pores. The jobs are there. The opportunity is there. You even have decades of affirmative action on your side and companies trying to meet quotas. That's the essence of competition, and you are simply failing to compete, you are losing at competition, but rather than address it, fix the shortcomings within yourself to make yourself more competitive, you sit at home reading articles telling yourself what you WANT to hear---- that you are some sort of victim; you are too much a coward and hide behind your own failings by trying to make it someone else's problem. You just want to sit on your fat, lazy ass and keep trying to get free, undeserved "reparations." You don't want opportunity, you want a free ride. Don't hold your hand out towards me or I'll slap it right back in your face.

Is he right or wrong? Why is he right or why is he wrong?

Shelby Steele?

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Are the only blacks you guys read sellouts?

He’s a sellout because he doesn’t agree with you. You really are the ignorant one here.

He's a sellout because he's wrong and his comments only validate your racist views which inhibits progress for blacks.

He is only wrong in your mind because he doesn't agree with your distorted view of races.

You didn't answer the question, true to form you attacked the man.

I didn't ask if you thought Dr Steele was an Uncle Tom. I asked whether his message is right or wrong. You are dodging the question.

It is apparent what my answer is. I am not going to play the game played here whereby you see your question was answered but you keep asking me to answer the question. Anyone with a functioning brain cab see what the answer is.
Your answer is, because he doesn’t agree with my distorted view of reality he is a sellout and not to be taken seriously. You really are a piece of shit.

Prove when racism ended and its effects were allayed. Show, with data and peer-reviewed studies supporting your argument, when the effects of the hundreds of years of anti-Black racism from chattel slavery through Old Jim Crow leveled off. Show when the wealth expropriated during that oppression was repaid to those it was expropriated from and through. And remember, after you’ve addressed the end of anti-Black racism you’ll still have to explain when anti-Latinx, anti-Asian, anti-Arab, and anti-Native racism came to an end as well.
Racism never comes to an end. As long as there are different races, there will be those within those races that will be racists. The playing field has been leveled for all with equal opportunity laws, anti discrimination laws, empowerment zones, etc. You just want to keep it alive and say that you are treated badly.

Racism never comes to an end. As long as there are different races, there will be those within those races that will be racists. The playing field has been leveled for all with equal opportunity laws, anti discrimination laws, empowerment zones, etc. You just want to keep it alive and say that you are treated badly.
What still exists in America is personal Racism. Institutional Racism that erected real barriers to Black progress has been gone for at least 40 years. In fact Institutional Racism has been replaced with Institutional favoritism toward Black people which ironically contributes to their extended under performance as a group.

Black leaders continue to shovel the crap that Whitey is keeping you down in order for them to maintain power. And any Black leaders that deviate from that message are shouted down or dismissed as a sellout.

What still exists in America is personal Racism. Institutional Racism that erected real barriers to Black progress has been gone for at least 40 years. In fact Institutional Racism has been replaced with Institutional favoritism toward Black people which ironically contributes to their extended under performance as a group.

Black leaders continue to shovel the crap that Whitey is keeping you down in order for them to maintain power. And any Black leaders that deviate from that message are shouted down or dismissed as a sellout.
morons like IM2 don't get it.

Whatever lack of progress you claim is primarily due to whites.

The yawning racial wealth gap in the United States is no accident, but rather, driven by unjust public policy decisions—from the re-segregation of education to the redlining of home ownership to poverty wages, according to a new analysis by Brandeis University and the public policy organization Demos.

Inequalities are vast, note the researchers. For example, Census data shows that, in 2011, median white households in the U.S. held $111,146 in wealth, compared to a mere $7,113 for Black homes and $8,348 for Latino ones.

These disparities emerge from historical choices on the political and policy levels, the researchers note.

"The racial wealth gap is large because we instituted it in public policy historically and continue to make public policies that exacerbate the problems," said report coauthor Catherine Ruetschlin, a senior policy analyst at Demos, in a press statement. Therefore, it is vital "to find new opportunities to address the way that we’re constantly perpetuating this disparity between black, white and Latino families," Ruetschlin continued.

Researchers offer a series of solutions aimed at reversing these trends, from equalizing home ownership to racially integrating schools at all levels. In addition, the study calls for a significant boost to the minimum wage, as well as "making it easier for workers to form and join unions."

The researchers' focus on poverty pay echoes the growing call from low-wage workers for society to address the role of poverty wages in driving racial inequality.

"Black and Latino workers are disproportionately likely to be employed in positions that pay the minimum wage or just above and would benefit the most from an increase in the federal minimum wage," the report states.

The researchers continue, "With new research indicating that minimum wage increases have not reduced employment, a hike in the federal minimum wage from its current low rate of $7.25 would boost the incomes of many of the lowest paid Black and Latino workers and have the potential to decrease the racial wealth gap."

Thanks for showing once again clearly that Whites do everything better than other races. Work more, Earn more, Pay more.

All you do better is deny people of color the same chances. Because you know you cannot compete.

HOW DO I DENY YOU OR ANYONE ANYTHING? All the same opportunities that are out there for me are out there for you. Show me an employment agency or jobs list that specifies a single job for a white or black applicant only? There you go with yet another racist, race-oriented, race-hating attitude. It oozes from your pores. The jobs are there. The opportunity is there. You even have decades of affirmative action on your side and companies trying to meet quotas. That's the essence of competition, and you are simply failing to compete, you are losing at competition, but rather than address it, fix the shortcomings within yourself to make yourself more competitive, you sit at home reading articles telling yourself what you WANT to hear---- that you are some sort of victim; you are too much a coward and hide behind your own failings by trying to make it someone else's problem. You just want to sit on your fat, lazy ass and keep trying to get free, undeserved "reparations." You don't want opportunity, you want a free ride. Don't hold your hand out towards me or I'll slap it right back in your face.

th

You assume much based upon white race baited bullshit. I am a master degreed man who served in executive capacities for several organizations for 30 years until I retired at 52 and now work on my own projects.

Whites got free rides for at least 188 years. Whites have been given more by the government than anyone else. You want the handouts. You want free shit. Quotas were 100 percent white for at least 188 years. This is the race and racism section son. Race will be discussed by blacks here.

No that has not happened.

th

You assume much based upon white race baited bullshit. I am a master degreed man who served in executive capacities for several organizations for 30 years until I retired at 52 and now work on my own projects.

Whites got free rides for at least 188 years. Whites have been given more by the government than anyone else. You want the handouts. You want free shit. Quotas were 100 percent white for at least 188 years. This is the race and racism section son. Race will be discussed by blacks here.

You ever walked into a Post Office or DMV office....?:auiqs.jpg:

Why do you whites think you can tell us these lies when we see what's going on?

All of it has happened. I know that ruins your self imposed victimhood narrative but I don’t really give a rats ass.

Because it’s the truth. You my racist friend are the liar.

th

You ever walked into a Post Office or DMV office....?:auiqs.jpg:

Wow he saw some blacks working in 2 places and that means racism is over.

All of it has happened. I know that ruins your self imposed victimhood narrative but I don’t really give a rats ass.

Teflon Theory of History

The Teflon Theory of American History says that anything that took place over 30 years ago is Ancient History. It has Absolutely No Effect on the present. Or not much. Unless it was something good like the light bulb or the Declaration of Independence. Therefore those who make a big deal of the bad stuff in the past, like slavery, are Living in the Past and need to Get Over It.

For example:

Jim Crow laws were overturned by the civil rights movement in the 1950s and 1960s. Therefore according to Teflon Theory the Jim Crow period is now Ancient History. It has Absolutely No Effect on how White Americans alive today think and act. None whatsoever. Or not much. So racism is pretty much dead.

Instead of Jim Crow’s effect slowly weakening over time like you would expect, Teflon Theory would have you suppose that it just disappeared like magic one afternoon sometime in the late 1960s. Even though many White Americans alive now were alive back in Jim Crow times. Even though many others were brought up and shaped by those who were alive back then: parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, teachers, writers, film directors, television producers, news editors and so on.

Teflon Theory of History

No it's not the truth.

Teflon Theory of History

The Teflon Theory of American History says that anything that took place over 30 years ago is Ancient History. It has Absolutely No Effect on the present. Or not much. Unless it was something good like the light bulb or the Declaration of Independence. Therefore those who make a big deal of the bad stuff in the past, like slavery, are Living in the Past and need to Get Over It.

For example:

Jim Crow laws were overturned by the civil rights movement in the 1950s and 1960s. Therefore according to Teflon Theory the Jim Crow period is now Ancient History. It has Absolutely No Effect on how White Americans alive today think and act. None whatsoever. Or not much. So racism is pretty much dead.

Instead of Jim Crow’s effect slowly weakening over time like you would expect, Teflon Theory would have you suppose that it just disappeared like magic one afternoon sometime in the late 1960s. Even though many White Americans alive now were alive back in Jim Crow times. Even though many others were brought up and shaped by those who were alive back then: parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, teachers, writers, film directors, television producers, news editors and so on.

Teflon Theory of History
Nice little rant. Completely meaningless. You never do address the issues or question at hand. You always have some preloaded diatribe at your fingertips that you think is profound or indicting. They never are. The fact is anti discrimination laws are here and puts everyone on the same footing.. Blacks, Asians, Italians are equally as protected as any other race. Your complaints are hollow.

No it's not the truth.
It is the complete truth. You chose to live in a victim world and expound racist mantra every chance you have.

Teflon Theory of History

For example:

Teflon Theory of History
Nice little rant. Completely meaningless. You never do address the issues or question at hand. You always have some preloaded diatribe at your fingertips that you think is profound or indicting. They never are. The fact is anti discrimination laws are here and puts everyone on the same footing.. Blacks, Asians, Italians are equally as protected as any other race. Your complaints are hollow.

I did address your issue. You believe Teflon history. Anti discrimination laws are not followed.

50 years after the Kerner Commission: African Americans are better off in many ways but are still disadvantaged by racial inequality

The unemployment rate for African Americans in 2017 (the last full year of data) was 7.5 percent, 0.8 percentage points higher than it was in 1968 (6.7 percent). The unemployment rate for whites was 3.8 percent in 2017 and 3.2 percent in 1968.3

The unemployment data for these two years, almost 50 years apart, demonstrate a longstanding and unfortunate economic regularity: the unemployment rate for black workers is consistently about twice as high as it is for white workers.

50 years after the Kerner Commission: African Americans are better off in many ways but are still disadvantaged by racial inequality

Workers of color are far more likely to be paid poverty-level wages than white workers

Racial inequalities in wages, income, and wealth show that MLK’s work remains unfinished

Black unemployment is significantly higher than white unemployment regardless of educational attainment

Unequal unemployment for African Americans and Hispanics

Black workers in right-to-work (RTW) states tend to have lower wages than in Missouri and other non-RTW states

The racial wealth gap: How African-Americans have been shortchanged out of the materials to build wealth

You live in a lie.

No it's not the truth.
It is the complete truth. You chose to live in a victim world and expound racist mantra every chance you have.

It's a lie and you are the racist.

Forum List

Back