Dr Pepper's Guns N' Roses Promise Won't Go Flat

worst songs off the album

T.W.A.T

Sorry

Madagaskar

Axl Rose angry at Slash's Fan

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZbXoBdiVho]YouTube - Axl Rose angry at Slash's Fan[/ame]

axl rose pissed off

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCkMtAAwoEE]YouTube - axl rose pissed off[/ame]

Axl Stops Song in the Middle, Confronts Fan 2006

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2HuEwWtApk]YouTube - Axl Stops Song in the Middle, Confronts Fan[/ame]

Axl rants about the Internet & message boards and my online friends.....he he (what a crybaby)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgXBtKAHCjA]YouTube - Axl talk about Brazil and Argentina![/ame]

Dr Pepper is bringing out the big Guns, confirming yesterday they will uphold their grandiose and somewhat opportunistic pledge to provide each and every American citizen with a can of the soft drink should Guns N' Roses deliver their long-awaited Chinese Democracy album before the end of 2008.

Though the announcement was made back in March, when such a promise seemed like a stellar publicity ploy that would not necessarily require follow-through, Axl Rose & Co. recently confirmed the perpetually delayed album, their first in 15 years, would be released Nov. 23.

In terms of their deal, the Dr is still in.

"We never thought this day would come," the brand's VP of marketing, Tony Jacobs, said. "But now that it's here all we can say is: The Dr Pepper's on us."

That is, if you're quick.

Fans who want to cash in on the libation donation will have a short window of opportunity. Would-be freeloaders must visit DrPepper.com Nov. 23, the day of the album's release, and register for a coupon redeemable for a 20-ounce bottle.

Dr Pepper's Guns N' Roses Promise Won't Go Flat - Yahoo! News

Does this include Diet Dr. Pepper? If so, Palin's in.

The entire album sucks. Seriously, we waited 15 years for THIS?

w00t? shh:eusa_shhh: Axl does read the message boards and he's very sensitive to criticism.....He also supports Israel. (Bumblefoot his lead guitarist is jewish)

Chinese media has blasted the latest Guns 'n Roses release "Chinese Democracy."

An article in a Chinese newspaper today blasted the singer’s new album "Chinese Democracy"as a "venomous attack"on the nation and suggested the long-awaited Guns ‘N Roses release "turns its spear point on China."

MUSIC REVIEW: 'DEMOCRACY DOESN'T HURT, OR HELP GNR LEGACY
The story was printed in a publication put out by China’s ruling Communist Party, and quoted unnamed sources from Internet message boards that suggested the lyrics were inflammatory and critical of China.

Excerpts from these online chats slammed the album as a plot by Western adversaries to "grasp and control the world using democracy as a pawn,"the Associated Press reported. The new album dropped Sunday after fans held on through 17 years of myriad false starts and production delays after Guns ‘N Roses began recording in 1994.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...chinese_media_calls_guns_n_roses_chinese.html

The Global Times article referred only to the title of the album and not to specific song lyrics. The record's title track makes a reference to the Falun Gong meditation movement that was banned by China as an "evil cult" and warns "if your Great Wall rocks blame yourself," in an apparent message to the country's authoritarian government.

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2008Nov24/0,4670,ASChinaGunsNaposRoses,00.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this the year of old rock? Metallica, AC/DC, and GNR all released new albums. It's a damn shame that only one of those albums were any good, though.

Pale I think we should riot dr pepper for not making there product availabe to everyone ( dr pep the elitist who only gives the product to some folks and not others), I think this is a royal disgrace under the guise of axl, this is unacceptable my friend and we should just take dr pepper by storm and rule with an iron fist ! We will put Dr Pepper on trial man !

Yup. Now the promotion is gone completely. I'm pissed. I "used to" like Dr.

Axl Stops Song in the Middle, Confronts Fan 2006

YouTube - Axl Stops Song in the Middle, Confronts Fan

Axl rants about the Internet & message boards and my online friends.....he he (what a crybaby)

YouTube - Axl talk about Brazil and Argentina!

Shit... I like this guy. I had no idea. I was channel surfing yesterday on the tube and went past Headline News, and they were talking about Axl being a JERK because he was a REPUBLICAN. Well hell, I'm going to buy the new Guns 'n Roses album just because of that now. And throw Uncle Ted Nugent in there too. Now I've got two major hard rocker buddies... :lol:

Last edited:
Shit... I like this guy. I had no idea. I was channel surfing yesterday on the tube and went past Headline News, and they were talking about Axl being a JERK because he was a REPUBLICAN. Well hell, I'm going to buy the new Guns 'n Roses album just because of that now. And throw Uncle Ted Nugent in there too. Now I've got two major hard rocker buddies... :lol:

Uncle Axl is a jerk....and yet somehow sexy:cool:....He's a hoosier from Indiana....( I bet you would be shocked to know the Ax man taught sunday school in a little pentecostal country church before he told his folks to pissoff and went to LA. ) He's always been known for being a racist homophobic jerk, the Republican part only came out later when he supported Bush. However he also supports Israel ( most likely because of Ron Thal) He also has an immigrant living in his house, a lady from brazil....he he:razz:

Yup. Now the promotion is gone completely. I'm pissed. I "used to" like Dr.

Axl Rose Demands Apology, Payment From Dr Pepper
LOS ANGELES -- Axl Rose and the band are bubbling over with anger at Dr Pepper's botched soda giveaway.

The Guns N' Roses singer is accusing the beverage maker of profiting from the band's name -- and then bungling its promised giveaway of a free 20-ounce soda to every person in America.

The soft-drink maker said in March that it would give a free soda to everyone in the country if the band's "Chinese Democracy" album were released this year. Notorious for being delayed since recording began in 1994, the album went on sale Sunday.

While the band finally made good with "Chinese Democracy," Dr Pepper did not, lawyer Alan Gutman, who represents Rose and the band, said in a letter to Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc. dated Tuesday.

The soda-maker's Web site malfunctioned during the 24 hours it offered the free pop to consumers on Sunday, causing many fans to get upset, said the Beverly Hills-based attorney.

"The redemption scheme your company clumsily implemented for this offer was an unmitigated disaster which defrauded consumers and, in the eyes of vocal fans, 'ruined' the day of 'Chinese Democracy's' release," Gutman wrote. "Now it is time to clean up the mess."

The lawyer demanded a full-page apology in The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, USA Today and The Wall Street Journal; an expanded time period to redeem the soda; and "an appropriate payment to our clients for the unauthorized use and abuse of their publicity and intellectual property rights." He did not say how much was being sought.

"Had you wished to engage in a commercial tie-in with our clients, you should have negotiated a legitimate relationship," he wrote.

A Dr Pepper spokesman did not address the demands, simply saying it was "a fun giveaway" that the company took great steps to fulfill.

The company extended the promotion by 18 hours through 6 p.m. EST Monday, and set up a toll-free line and an interactive voice recorder to accept coupon requests because of demand, he said.

MyFox Spokane | Axl Rose Demands Apology, Payment From Dr Pepper

Forum List

Back