Dr. Pepper, misogynists?

gxnelson

SuperWhoLock
May 13, 2011
Galifrey
tumblr_m4z6pa4LMZ1qiy0obo1_500.jpg

Stupid...

My Grandfather only drinks Dr Pepper.

I actually meant Grandmother....... Freudian slip?

I don't have any living Grandfathers, but my Grandfather gave me my first Dr Pepper. One of my only memories of him.

Stupid...

Its all about marketing. Men are less likely to buy something labeled or called .. "diet"....and are more likely to buy something called "10"

Coke was very successful with the marketing of the diet cola..... Zero.

My Grandfather only drinks Dr Pepper.

I actually meant Grandmother....... Freudian slip?

I don't have any living Grandfathers, but my Grandfather gave me my first Dr Pepper. One of my only memories of him.

Well, I'm not your grandmother either based upon that other fact.
Now, fetch me a Balvenie on the rocks.

You forgot to say "fetch me a Balvenie on the rocks....bitch.

Stupid...

Its all about marketing. Men are less likely to buy something labeled or called .. "diet"....and are more likely to buy something called "10"

Coke was very successful with the marketing of the diet cola..... Zero.

Back in the late 70's the American mass producers of shitty beer test marketed a low alcohol beer (shittier than what they were already producing). It was a complete failure because low alcohol beer is not masculine and men were the target market. But wait, they took that same shitty (low alcohol) beer and called it "Less Filling", said "it won't slow you down", said "fewer calories" and it took off like a rocket. Same craptastic "light beer", but with a marketing scheme that worked.
It's a classic case study in marketing. Take a crappy product (Budweiser, Coors, Miller, Busch), make it crappier (more water, less malt = cheaper and lower alcohol "light beer"), but advertise it just right and your sales will take off.

Forum List

Back