Dr. Paul's Horrible Horrible Views On Racism!

Reasoning

Apr 15, 2010
It is the federal government more than anything else that divides us along race, class, religion, and gender lines. The federal government, through its taxes, restrictive regulations, corporate subsidies, racial set-asides, and welfare programs, plays far too large a role in determining who succeeds and who fails in our society. This government "benevolence" crowds out genuine goodwill between men by institutionalizing group thinking, thus making each group suspicious that others are receiving more of the government loot. Americans know that factors other than merit in the free market often play a part in the success of some, and this leads to resentment and hostility between us.

Still, the left argues that stringent federal laws are needed to combat racism, always implying of course that southern states are full of bigoted rednecks who would oppress minorities if not for the watchful eye of Washington. They ignore, however, the incredible divisiveness created by their collectivist big-government policies.

Racism is simply an ugly form of collectivism, the mindset that views humans only as members of groups and never as individuals. Racists believe that all individual who share superficial physical characteristics are alike; as collectivists, racists think only in terms of groups. By encouraging Americans to adopt a group mentality, the advocates of so-called "diversity" actually perpetuate racism. Their intense focus on race is inherently racist, because it views individuals only as members of racial groups.

Conservatives and libertarians should fight back and challenge the myth that collectivist liberals care more about racism. Modern liberalism, however well intentioned, is a byproduct of the same collectivist thinking that characterizes racism. The continued insistence on group thinking only inflames racial tensions.

The true antidote to racism is liberty. Liberty means having a limited, constitutional government devoted to the protection of individual rights rather than group claims. Liberty means free-market capitalism, which rewards individual achievement and competence, not skin color, gender, or ethnicity. In a free market, businesses that discriminate lose customers, goodwill, and valuable employees – while rational businesses flourish by choosing the most qualified employees and selling to all willing buyers. More importantly, in a free society every citizen gains a sense of himself as an individual, rather than developing a group or victim mentality. This leads to a sense of individual responsibility and personal pride, making skin color irrelevant. Rather than looking to government to correct what is essentially a sin of the heart, we should understand that reducing racism requires a shift from group thinking to an emphasis on individualism.

~RP

[ Liberty means having a limited, constitutional government devoted to the protection of individual rights rather than group claims.

Does the protected right of freedom of religion protect individuals, or groups of individuals? Does freedom of assembly protect individuals, or groups? Does freedom of association protect individuals, or groups?

Does prohibiting a business from denying service to an individual because of his skin color protect individuals, or groups?

"Rather than looking to government to correct what is essentially a sin of the heart, we should understand that reducing racism requires a shift from group thinking to an emphasis on individualism."

I guess Rand Paul's point was that 100 years of non-government interference was too short a time for that individualism to kick in? Eliminate "group thinking", yeah right. Imagine all those we wouldn't have to kick around just by inference: Jane Fonda, Dick Cheney, Nancy Pelosi, Sarah Palin, Al Gore, etc.

Rand is a shoo-in in November. I can't wait to see how the MSM swarms around him, and how it doesn't/won't matter. You can't pay for entertainment like this. Incessant whining all the time. Enjoy KY folks.

Rand is a shoo-in in November.
I remember hearing the same about McCain/Palin!

528.gif

Tell ya what kyzr, wanna make a little wager?

If Rand Paul wins KY, I will pos rep you once a week for a year.

If he loses? You pos rep me once a week for a full year.

Put up or shut up. Rand Paul is gonna get reamed in KY! (and yes......the last sentence was written that way intentionally)........

Last edited:
Rand has the ability to stick his foot in his mouth. I hope he keeps going with that.

If Rand Paul wins KY, I will pos rep you once a week for a year. If he loses? You pos rep me once a week for a full year. Put up or shut up. Rand Paul is gonna get reamed in KY! (and yes......the last sentence was written that way intentionally)........

Your call. Please read this before accepting the wager...
Election 2010: Kentucky Senate - Rasmussen Reports

You'd be spotting me 25-points, and Rand is the one preaching fiscal discipline. Which is the winning position in KY. Those folks are realists, not idealists. Let me know if you really want the bet..

If Rand Paul wins KY, I will pos rep you once a week for a year. If he loses? You pos rep me once a week for a full year. Put up or shut up. Rand Paul is gonna get reamed in KY! (and yes......the last sentence was written that way intentionally)........

Your call. Please read this before accepting the wager...
Election 2010: Kentucky Senate - Rasmussen Reports

You'd be spotting me 25-points, and Rand is the one preaching fiscal discipline. Which is the winning position in KY. Those folks are realists, not idealists. Let me know if you really want the bet..

Rasmussen had shown a particularly large house effect in this race. Whereas the Pollster.com trendline of all non-Rasmussen polls had shown Paul ahead by just 1 point, Rasmussen's trendline had him up by 15, even prior to this poll being released

FiveThirtyEight: Politics Done Right: Paulapollooza

I got as far as the first sentence. The Federal Government's fault we're so divided? Somebody's been reading Ayn Rand a bit too much. :lol:

It is the federal government more than anything else that divides us along race, class, religion, and gender lines. The federal government, through its taxes, restrictive regulations, corporate subsidies, racial set-asides, and welfare programs, plays far too large a role in determining who succeeds and who fails in our society. This government "benevolence" crowds out genuine goodwill between men by institutionalizing group thinking, thus making each group suspicious that others are receiving more of the government loot. Americans know that factors other than merit in the free market often play a part in the success of some, and this leads to resentment and hostility between us.

In part, true enough. Hardly the whole story of the history of American racism, but it has some merit now, I suppose.
Still, the left argues that stringent federal laws are needed to combat racism, always implying of course that southern states are full of bigoted rednecks who would oppress minorities if not for the watchful eye of Washington. They ignore, however, the incredible divisiveness created by their collectivist big-government policies.

Now you're an expert on the left's position, are you?

It always amuses me when you right wing kida guys try to tell us what the left thinks.

You guys really don't understand that you're getting into a life and death battle with a strawman of your own imagination, do you?

Racism is simply an ugly form of collectivism, the mindset that views humans only as members of groups and never as individuals.

Yeah, that's a pretty apt description of some kinds of racism.

Racists believe that all individual who share superficial physical characteristics are alike; as collectivists, racists think only in terms of groups. By encouraging Americans to adopt a group mentality, the advocates of so-called "diversity" actually perpetuate racism. Their intense focus on race is inherently racist, because it views individuals only as members of racial groups.

Okay I can't speak for racists, but that seems basically right.

Conservatives and libertarians should fight back and challenge the myth that collectivist liberals care more about racism. Modern liberalism, however well intentioned, is a byproduct of the same collectivist thinking that characterizes racism. The continued insistence on group thinking only inflames racial tensions.

Most authentic libertarians I ever met were not racists.

The true antidote to racism is liberty. Liberty means having a limited, constitutional government devoted to the protection of individual rights rather than group claims. Liberty means free-market capitalism, which rewards individual achievement and competence, not skin color, gender, or ethnicity. In a free market, businesses that discriminate lose customers, goodwill, and valuable employees – while rational businesses flourish by choosing the most qualified employees and selling to all willing buyers. More importantly, in a free society every citizen gains a sense of himself as an individual, rather than developing a group or victim mentality. This leads to a sense of individual responsibility and personal pride, making skin color irrelevant.

That might have worked if the instiutions that dominated society had actually devtoed themselves to the protection of individual rights.

They didn't.

I know...I was there.

It really did take the FEDS to break down that system of racism, ya know. And not just in the South, but in the rest of the nation, too.

Rather than looking to government to correct what is essentially a sin of the heart, we should understand that reducing racism requires a shift from group thinking to an emphasis on individualism.

Yeah, that would do it.

Only that isn't the way human beings typically think.

People are mostly group instinct animals.

If they come from a group that is threatened by "the other" then they buy into that POV.

But I certainly applaude Mr.Paul for telling his libertarian chums that racism and libertarianism cannot coexist.

Logically, one cannot believe in the rights of the individual if one also denies those rights to some individuals based on something like race.

Last edited:
Rand has the ability to stick his foot in his mouth. I hope he keeps going with that.
That's the LAST thing the GOP needs:

SARAH II!!!!!!

"In public, Senate candidate Rand Paul's Republican colleagues have tried to contextualize his controversial comments about anti-discrimination laws and the Obama administration's handling of the Gulf Coast oil spill, but privately they bemoan the political newcomer's gaffes and wish he'd focus less on the national media spotlight and more on Kentucky and the economy."

532.gif

The Left is absolutely into seeing people as simply members of some group or other rather than individuals. You see it here all the time. Especially in the insane thread that Truthmatters has going where she finds no difference between conservatives, pro gun rights people and homocidal maniacs. It's all the same group.
Perhaps Rand Paul's election will allow some straight dialogue on race in this country.

The "racist" attacks are not going to work.

You liberals keep up with the "racist" attacks against all conservatives, libertarians, tea partiers, and anyone who disagrees with Obama, and your losses in November will be greater than you can imagine. Please, continue.......

Oh no, I must be a racist for saying that!!! :rolleyes:

Don't listen to logic and reason, he's a racist because of what he said on Rachel Maddow's show last week!

And that's what they are capitalising on.

Mr. Paul on Laura Ingraham's Program Thursday

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulmz8hXCyRs&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - The Laura Ingraham Show - Rand Paul responds to the Rachel Maddow interview[/ame]

He set the record straight...and now NBS and the Statists are fretting that Mr. Paul canceled a Meet The Depressed interview...

And I don't blame him for canceling. However Mark Levin has volunteered to go in his stead...(An Event in of itself I'd like to see)...

The Left is absolutely into seeing people as simply members of some group or other rather than individuals. You see it here all the time. Especially in the insane thread that Truthmatters has going where she finds no difference between conservatives, pro gun rights people and homocidal maniacs. It's all the same group.
Perhaps Rand Paul's election will allow some straight dialogue on race in this country.

Referring to everyone on 'the Left' as a group while trying to make a point that it's 'the Left' that is into seeing people as members of some group...

...a classic Rabbi-ism.:lol:

That's the LAST thing the GOP needs:

SARAH II!!!!!!

"In public, Senate candidate Rand Paul's Republican colleagues have tried to contextualize his controversial comments about anti-discrimination laws and the Obama administration's handling of the Gulf Coast oil spill, but privately they bemoan the political newcomer's gaffes and wish he'd focus less on the national media spotlight and more on Kentucky and the economy."

532.gif

'Racist!!?? I can see Selma Alabama from my house!!!"

Forum List

Back