Dr Patrick Chavis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by William Joyce
RightWingAvenger, you are buying into the fallacy here that the individual is the only operative political unit. I don't think it is, and here's why.

First, I do think "the individual" is important. Individual thinking, acting, rights, etc. But the power of the group cannot be denied. Democrats are a group. Republicans are a group. Blacks are a group. Whites are a group. Men are a group. Women are a group. It goes on and on.

You may not like this, but it does serve some purposes, one of which is efficiency. We could, for instance, have laws for individuals. How would that go? We could write a whole set of statutes for each and every living person, perfectly tailored to him or her. But that would take WAY too much time. That's just for starters.

A society can function well, in my view, if the groups are compatible. Men and women are, for obvious reasons, compatible in this way. Blacks and whites, however, present great problems. If there is a single law on a given topic, it will be skewed one way or the other. The result will be less-targeted justice for one group or the other.

That is why I support some form of racial separatism. No, it wouldn't present perfection. But it could be better than what we have now. In fact, I think it would.

I guess I just have hope that people can be persuaded to treat each other as individuals, regardless of real or imagined racial averages. Of course, if all other races are just going to band together for their own political and social advantage, then whites would be stupid not to do the same. I just can't be this cynical about it. Maybe I am a fool.

You people are amazing. You will buy any lie as long as it proves what you want to believe. Evolution requires more faith than the belief in a creator, and as proven in evidence I presented before, is pure fiction.

You should think about the damage you cause to the world when hinging racial superiority on a myth.

All public discourse on race today is locked into this rigid logic. Any explanation for black failure that does not depend on White wickedness threatens to veer off into the forbidden territory of racial differences. Thus, even if today's Whites can find in their hearts no desire to oppress blacks, yesterday's Whites must have oppressed them. If Whites do not consciously oppress blacks, they must oppress them Unconsciously. If no obviously racist individuals can be identified, then societal institutions must be racist. Or, since blacks are failing so terribly in America, there simply must be millions of White people we do not know about, who are working day and night to keep blacks in misery. The dogma of racial equality leaves no room for an explanation of black failure that is not, in some fashion, an indictment of White people.

The logical consequences of this are clear. Since we are required to believe that the only explanation for non-White failure is White racism, every time a non-White is poor, commits a crime, goes on welfare, or takes drugs, White society stands accused of yet another act of racism. All failure or misbehavior by non-Whites is standing proof that White society is riddled with hatred and bigotry. For precisely so long as non-Whites fail to succeed in life at exactly the same level as Whites, Whites will be, by definition, thwarting and oppressing them. This obligatory pattern of thinking leads to strange conclusions. First of all, racism is a sin that is thought to be committed almost exclusively by White people. Indeed, a black congressman from Chicago, Gus Savage, and Coleman Young, the black mayor of Detroit, have argued that only White people can be racist. Likewise, in 1987, the affirmative action officer of the State Insurance Fund of New York issued a company pamphlet in which she explained that all Whites are racist and that only Whites can be racist. How else could the plight of blacks be explained without flirting with the possibility of racial inequality?

Originally posted by NewGuy
You should think about the damage you cause to the world when hinging racial superiority on a myth.

You should think about the damage you cause to the world when hinging racial equality on a myth.

The post above is a good start for thinking about this issue.

You should think about the damage you cause to the world when hinging racial equality on a myth.

The post above is a good start for thinking about this issue.

The myth you use to support your argument is evolution, as proven. What is the myth YOU claim I hold to, specifically?

What do you bet you cannot compete in disproving said myths?

I don't know. You've never said what you believe in and why. At least in a way coherent enough for any of us to respond.

1. Most everyone here knows what I believe and why on nearly any relevant topic to this board.

2. You DO have a search feature here.

3. There ARE online dictionaries.

4. There ARE online Bibles.

5. "US"? Are there 3 of you?

Well, I got a day job. Fill me in.

Glad to hear it. Since I have a job, a business, a family, and many other things going on, do the research yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back