Dr. John R. Lott, Jr.

Darkwind

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2009
Dr. Lott taught at the same time as Barack Obama, in the same University, and he knows the President. I was listening to him tonight on Red Eye radio and he related the fact that the President has always believed that people should not be allowed to own guns. I bring this interview here to arm the pro 2nd Amendment people with information on statistics regarding the use of guns and crime. I urge people to buy the book and educate yourself on the fundamental fallacies used by the progressives in their attempt to disarm America.

Make no mistake, simply because they have learned not to state that outright, it is their ultimate objective.

In accordance with fair use restrictions:

Copyright notice: ©1998 by the University of Chicago. All rights reserved. This text may be used and shared in accordance with the fair-use provisions of U.S. copyright law, and it may be archived and redistributed in electronic form, provided that this entire notice, including copyright information, is carried and provided that the University of Chicago Press is notified and no fee is charged for access. Archiving, redistribution, or republication of this text on other terms, in any medium, requires the consent of both the author and the University of Chicago Press.
Interview with John Lott, author of More Guns, Less Crime <-- click to read interview.

Discussions should remain focused on the interview and the observations of the study. Conservatives and other open-minded people should ignore the usual suspects and their overused talking points. In fact, it is usually a good idea to put the worst offenders on your ignore list.

1. we will always cling to our guns and religion
2. the 2nd amendment is still in effect
3. they can't chase so many rabbits with so few dogs.
4. every presidency is temporary, laws always revert to the mean

Dr. Lott taught at the same time as Barack Obama, in the same University, and he knows the President. I was listening to him tonight on Red Eye radio and he related the fact that the President has always believed that people should not be allowed to own guns. I bring this interview here to arm the pro 2nd Amendment people with information on statistics regarding the use of guns and crime. I urge people to buy the book and educate yourself on the fundamental fallacies used by the progressives in their attempt to disarm America.

Make no mistake, simply because they have learned not to state that outright, it is their ultimate objective.

In accordance with fair use restrictions:

Copyright notice: ©1998 by the University of Chicago. All rights reserved. This text may be used and shared in accordance with the fair-use provisions of U.S. copyright law, and it may be archived and redistributed in electronic form, provided that this entire notice, including copyright information, is carried and provided that the University of Chicago Press is notified and no fee is charged for access. Archiving, redistribution, or republication of this text on other terms, in any medium, requires the consent of both the author and the University of Chicago Press.
Interview with John Lott, author of More Guns, Less Crime <-- click to read interview.

Discussions should remain focused on the interview and the observations of the study. Conservatives and other open-minded people should ignore the usual suspects and their overused talking points. In fact, it is usually a good idea to put the worst offenders on your ignore list.

You're paranoid. Get help!

You don't understand the difference between living in a utopian world and the real world. In a utopian America, it would be better if no one had guns. That's not to say guns wouldn't be needed, like for hunting. Hunts could be organized and meat distributed in ways to compensate the hunters. The hunters would be issued a gun, which they would return after the hunt. You could still have firing ranges, where guns are issued for entertainment. We have a powerful military, but weapons are only issued when needed. Our Army and Marines don't carry their guns around with them, except during certain duties and training exercises and then the weapons are returned to be locked up in the Armory. Cops wouldn't even need guns and could be well trained to use non-lethal force.

Homes could be secured with a dog to alert people of an intruder. People would still have weapons that could kill, but an intruder entering my home without a gun meeting my English Mastiff and the sword in my hand has made a hugh mistake. Cars can be fitted with tracking devices and the serial numbers of anything worth stealing can be registered. I could go on, but you get the picture of ways things could be in a utopian world.

The thing your paranoid mind can't conceive is other people don't believe we will ever get to that utopian world. We are realists and know the world we live in won't change that much. We don't live in a fantasy world like you do. No one is trying to take away your damned guns. We just want common sense gun laws, period.

Forum List

Back