Dr. Ford should be a Cautionary Tale

Regardless of the politics, one thing became very clear, not only with Dr. Ford's testimony but with the accusation against Roy Moore. Our girls need to be taught that if they are assaulted, they need to "tell," right then and there. Our boys need to be taught that sexual pleasure cannot be a game of force. And all kids need to have frank discussions with adults they trust about what drinking too much can lead to. Not preaching, but honestly talking about it.

Many of us at USMB are parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, or have close relationships with young people who apparently need to hear the message. It is up to us to steer kids right.

Girls need to understand that even if they made the mistake of going to an underage drinking party and maybe drank too much, it is not a boy's right to force her to do anything against her will. Boys need to understand that girls' privacy and preference needs to be respected. Assault is assault. Boys don't feel that if they drink too much at a party, others have the right to break their nose; there is only a difference because women's rights to their sexuality has not completely moved from the Dark Ages yet.

Hopefully a lot of parents have used this as a teachable moment. Waiting 30 years to tell someone that you were sexually assaulted, whether it was a drunk boy at a party or a priest, is waiting too long. And there is no reason to wait, no reason to be ashamed or afraid.

My question for you is, if a boy and girl both get so blottoed that neither of them can barely remember what happened. . .

. . . let's say they then have sex. He doesn't mean to, he doesn't even really know what happened, they were both just terribly drunk and kissing, making out heavy, last thing he remembered. . . .

. . . her, the same. . . .

The next morning she goes home and feels awful about herself, what she did, how much she drank, the blacking out, all of it. She makes the decision that he took advantage of her and raped her. She notifies him.

To be honest? He doesn't even remember much about the previous night. Girls simply do not understand there is no "forcing" going on. These institutions are taking the position that if a girls cannot remember the act, it is "non-consensual," yet if the guy cannot remember the act? Well, they don't give them the same courtesy. Why the double standard?

I have heard this tale over and over when I was a crisis counselor at University. Now, YOU TELL ME, why is the onus of all this responsibility, all on the guy? Especially if he doesn't remember doing anything anymore than she does?

Is it possible this is what happened that night?
No one knows all of what happened that night and we never will. That is not what this thread is about.

As for girls who have second thoughts the next day, I have never personally known a woman to absolve herself of guilt by crying rape. Most young women are pretty matter of fact about sexual relations these days. I have heard lots of men use it as an excuse for rape allegations. I wonder if all these girls who felt so ashamed the next day REALLY "made the decision that he took advantage of her and raped her." Or did you decide that was what going on, based on your sympathy for the boy in the situation?
Men are larger, stronger and they have the penis. They are responsible for keeping that penis where it belongs. There is no way to tell if a person is so drunk they won't remember it later, but there is certainly a way to tell if they are shit faced drunk. Why you would even want to go to bed with that, I don't know, except I know you guys will fuck a knothole when the mood is upon you.

Sorry, Mr Beale. Not buying it.

Well, I've had girls tell me that, in confidence, so it isn't for sale. It happens every day, your denial doesn't make it not true.

. . . and if a boy gets so drunk that he doesn't know what he is doing? My sympathy is limited. It is one of the reasons I didn't go in for the Greek culture or hook up culture, I knew what it was all about. You are so naive.

But it is nice to know where you stand. Indeed, if this happens, you believe it is because he is larger, stronger and has the penis, it is prima facie automatically, his fault. Girls bear no responsibility for their behavior, ever. They are fee to be irresponsible with all the dangers of the world.

It is no wonder political operatives used this particular issue to create a political divide the electorate. It is also a disgusting shame. American women don't want true equality and responsibility it seems. They are looking to be treated as victims, even when they make mistakes, they don't want to have any accountability.

Regardless of the politics, one thing became very clear, not only with Dr. Ford's testimony but with the accusation against Roy Moore. Our girls need to be taught that if they are assaulted, they need to "tell," right then and there. Our boys need to be taught that sexual pleasure cannot be a game of force. And all kids need to have frank discussions with adults they trust about what drinking too much can lead to. Not preaching, but honestly talking about it.

Many of us at USMB are parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, or have close relationships with young people who apparently need to hear the message. It is up to us to steer kids right.

Girls need to understand that even if they made the mistake of going to an underage drinking party and maybe drank too much, it is not a boy's right to force her to do anything against her will. Boys need to understand that girls' privacy and preference needs to be respected. Assault is assault. Boys don't feel that if they drink too much at a party, others have the right to break their nose; there is only a difference because women's rights to their sexuality has not completely moved from the Dark Ages yet.

Hopefully a lot of parents have used this as a teachable moment. Waiting 30 years to tell someone that you were sexually assaulted, whether it was a drunk boy at a party or a priest, is waiting too long. And there is no reason to wait, no reason to be ashamed or afraid.
GIrls and women also need to be give guns...trained in how to use them without hesitation.

I agree, but I suspect you have minimized how most boys and young men have controlled themselves appropriately, for a long time. Society forces it on us in one way or another. Not so much with girls.

For example, when I was in sixth grade in the early 70s, one of my buddies got severely punished for using a mirror to look under our teacher’s skirt. The principal paddled him hard and his dad did worse. It was a lesson every boy in my school learned well.

Another example, while in high school a buddy got a tough beating by his girlfriend’s three older brothers, after getting caught groping her. Another lesson we all learned well.

My point is most boys learn early to respect girls. I don’t think the same applies to girls.
You are right, of course, and my own experience has been that the majority of boys DO know how to respect girls. I am sorry my argument sounded as if they don't.
I don't know what you mean about "I don't think the same applies to girls." What is it about boys that they do not respect?
Girls don’t learn the lessons boys do. I suppose this is appropriate and natural considering as you say, boys are bigger stronger and have the male part. However girls are not taught to never make false allegations, while boys are taught to never force themselves on girls. So there is a bit of a disconnect.

She believes because she is good, all women and girls are good, and would never use accusations of assault or rape for nefarious ends.

How could women possibly use manipulation where men use intimidation? Heave, that would be unethical? :20:

Toob, when you have that chat with teenaged boys, will you tell them it's okay as long as they are wearing a sexy outfit?

Did I ever say that? Why can't you at least have a VALID argument? Just because it is WRONG or just because you tell your kids it is WRONG doesn't mean it won't happen. So why INVITE IT? There are two sides to every coin and the other side to this is girls not walking around half naked making guys drool with their tongues hanging out! There is a big difference between looking cute and pretty and dressing like a whore. You don't have to look like a slut to be attractive. Indeed, the "good girls," the ones usually more worth going after usually do dress more conservatively. It all comes down to what parents let their kids look like. No one can walk around half naked then be entirely surprised and blameless if then some kid with hyper-active hormones cannot deal with it. Just as starving people in as mountainous crash site have been known to eat friends to stay alive, hunger, extreme sex drive, lack of money or freezing cold can drive many a person to do crazy, and WRONG things.

Clothing is NOT an invitation. To anything. It doesn't matter one iota what someone is wearing, it is never an invitation to sexual assault of any kind. Ever. Got it?
Clothing counts and get attention if you don't think so you need to think somemore about it.

I don't have to think about shit, you need to back off of justifying sexual assault being okay because of someone's attire. What someone, anyone, wears IS NOT AN INVITATION TO SEXUAL ASSAULT OR RAPE. That is a fact. Deal with it.
You can ignore reality all you want, doesn't mean the rest of us have too.
You know...boys need to take responsibility for their own actions....if they go out at night to parties where there is drinking, they run the risk of being accused of sexual assault....if they only stayed home, if they didn't do the kinds of things that would invite accusations.......maybe if they dressed a little less "rapey"....

The Brett Kavanaugh drama is approaching its dénouement, which means we can now survey the damage to the institutions that tried to ruin the high-court nominee—his life, his career, his family. That damage is immense.
The next time Donald Trump rails against the “fake-news media,” his words will resonate with a larger share of Americans than they did before most of the mainstream media decided to enlist in the Democrat campaign against Kavanaugh.

The next time there is a critical judicial nomination at stake, congressional Republicans and the broader conservative legal ecosystem will be that much more dismissive of white-shoe gatekeepers such as the American Bar Association. Brett Kavanaugh's Ordeal Has Discredited His Liberal Tormentors
And that's just the beginning. Something else,we are that much closer to a "mob justice" event sparked by lies pushed by media and libs

Being sweet talked out of your panties isn't sexual assault.
You know I love you....

She is believe me. Men all over the country are gearing up to protect themselves against false rape claims and women who have been raped, well, good luck in proving it thanks to filthy democrats.
You know.....men are such victims in this country.

The Brett Kavanaugh drama is approaching its dénouement, which means we can now survey the damage to the institutions that tried to ruin the high-court nominee—his life, his career, his family. That damage is immense.
The next time Donald Trump rails against the “fake-news media,” his words will resonate with a larger share of Americans than they did before most of the mainstream media decided to enlist in the Democrat campaign against Kavanaugh.

The next time there is a critical judicial nomination at stake, congressional Republicans and the broader conservative legal ecosystem will be that much more dismissive of white-shoe gatekeepers such as the American Bar Association. Brett Kavanaugh's Ordeal Has Discredited His Liberal Tormentors
And that's just the beginning. Something else,we are that much closer to a "mob justice" event sparked by lies pushed by media and libs
Let's see how it ends in November.

She is believe me. Men all over the country are gearing up to protect themselves against false rape claims and women who have been raped, well, good luck in proving it thanks to filthy democrats.
I know, we've seen the fema-fascists in action on Kavanaugh. Thank for admitting how despicable you are.

I know, we've seen the fema-fascists in action on Kavanaugh. Thank for admitting how despicable you are.
And more victim behavior....Women are SOOOOOOO mean to you.

And more victim behavior....Women are SOOOOOOO mean to you.
Die troll.

Forum List

Back