Do'ya think Sarah is ready for the debate?

I think that Palin has a real opportunity to make or break the Republican tickets chances for victory.

If she manages to look poised, answer questions well, throw in a few well-aimed punches at Biden and Obama - then she could recapture the interest of the Republicans and Undecideds.

Its a very tall order...and I'm not sure I believe Palin is capable of such a performance. This isn't a bust on her intelligence ( I'll leave that to others who have nothing better to say )...I think that this sort of performance would stymie even the most seasoned politicians...

If she comes across looking like a total idiot or a moose in headlights...then I truly think its over for McCain. The silent ageism is in many Undecided Voters minds and in order for Undecideds to vote for McCain, I believe they are going to have to support Palin's ability to lead as well. If she proves that she can handle a debate...then not many people are going to be interested in seeing how she will handle the nation.

I also, don't think that this is very likely. Palin has been preparing for these debates for weeks - she has debated in the past...and I believe the chances of her crashing and burning is slim.

What I think is the far more likely option...is that she and Biden will both do fine. There will be moments where she looks unprepared, and the Democrats will quickly jump on those moments and continue calling her stupid and unqualified. There will be moments when Biden says something stupid or inappropriate or makes a gaffe, and Republicans will jump on that to show that Biden, the "experienced" candidate on the Dem ticket is unqualified...and no one will really listen or have their minds changed.

Without "quoting" her recent "brillant" impromptu statements ... do you really think she is ready for the debate? It is all over the news channels that she is being "crammed full of information" on the issues ... but will all that knowledge really sink in or .... is she going to continue her "smoking gun" attitude, as she did in the Couric interview?

[youtube]FMNHgJH2680[/youtube]

Can't wait for the debate! :cool:

She better be prepared. (Although I'd pay good money to see Palin just for kicks decide to answer her first question by saying she wanted to use one of her life lines.) But no matter how gaffe prone and at times, not very intelligent sounding any VP candidate has been in the past, no election has ever been decided by who was on the bottom spot and neither will this one. People realize they are voting for President -so who is at the top of the ticket is what matters to them. Biden's strategy will be to criticize McCain during the debate -not so much Palin -because McCain is the guy at the top of the ticket. Palin will be highlighting differences between McCain and Obama, not differences between herself and Biden.

The media didn't treat Quayle any better than they have Palin, in fact in some ways they treated him even worse with Democrats openly saying he was unqualified to be VP because he was too young and too "stupid" -and because he hadn't been a Senator long enough yet to make that move. (Funny they don't feel that way now about Obama though, huh? Even though he has even less time as a Senator than Quayle did. The never ending Democrat double standards.) A lot of Republicans were unhappy about Bush's choice. There was a lot more talk about Bush dumping him before the election than I've heard about either Palin or Biden getting dumped. Quayle had a lot of negative press, much of which was his own doing. Bush had made it even worse because he told people to "watch his choice for VP" because it would be a measure of the wisdom he would bring to the office as President. So he took a lot of flak about what kind of "wisdom" he had when he made that choice.

Quayle made far more silly mistakes than Palin has yet to do and he got his clocked cleaned by Lloyd Bentsen in the VP debate when he humiliated Quayle after he tried to defend himself against criticisms that he was just too young -by pointing out the he was the same age JFK had been when he ran for President. Bentsen said "I knew John Kennedy. John Kennedy was a friend of mine and YOU are no John Kennedy!" Left Quayle totally flustered and off balance for the rest of the debate. Then he completed his own humiliation when he was asked what would be the first thing he would do if he had to take over the office of President -and he hemmed and hawed and finally said "I'd say a prayer for the country" or something along those lines.

But in the end none of it mattered because the election was never about who was on the bottom spot on the ticket. Dukakis lost -big. And Quayle ended up as VP.

Amazing how differently we all see thing's. You have your opinion - I have mine. But if she is his "pot of gold" ... he is deep doo-doo! :doubt:

IMO .... she gives of the impression of an aging "Disney - High School Musical performer that is attempting to keep her career in the limelight. No, she is not old, but the way she "talks" is about as professional as a teenager writing their blog or posting on their "MySpace". :eusa_eh:

*Yes, I do have teenage grand-daughters that talk just like she does, and they do have "monitored" MySpace pages.

Then you must be seriously stumped when it comes to how this woman even ended up governor -and with an 80% approval from her own constituents. Doesn't say much for Democrats if an idiot "aging Disney performer" can not only end up depriving the incumbent Republican governor of his re-election by getting the party's nomination for herself, but go on to defeat the much better known and far "smarter and wiser" Democrat, does it?

No one underestimates their opponent like liberal Democrats do.

Then you must be seriously stumped when it comes to how this woman even ended up governor -and with an 80% approval from her own constituents. Doesn't say much for Democrats if an idiot "aging Disney performer" can not only end up depriving the incumbent Republican governor of his re-election by getting the party's nomination for herself, but go on to defeat the much better known and far "smarter and wiser" Democrat, does it?

Population 2006 estimate

Alaska - 670,053

United States - 299,398,484

For a few more facts try this ....
Alaska QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Need I say more? :doubt:

Her approval rate in Alaska is now 68% and dropping rapidly.

Palin Can't Name Supreme Court Case Other Than Roe v. Wade

We already know that Gov. Palin's interview with Katie Couric was a complete and utter disaster. When prompted to defend her claim that geographic proximity makes her some sort of expert on U.S.-Russo relations, she observed that Putin flies over Alaska to get to the lower forty-eight. When asked to identify a single market regulation that McCain supported in his 26 years of service, Palin said "I’ll try to find you some and I’ll bring them to ya." (She didn't.) When queried about the bailout, she responded with a cadre of incoherent rambling about healthcare, spending, and trade. And unfortunately for Palin, it's not over.

I've been a Republican all my life and I have to tell you that no matter how well meaning, and no matter how well it gets your base out. Her presence in front of a TV camera is a Trainwreck. It is my sincere hope that she does better in this debate than she has in these interviews.

We already know that Gov. Palin's interview with Katie Couric was a complete and utter disaster. When prompted to defend her claim that geographic proximity makes her some sort of expert on U.S.-Russo relations, she observed that Putin flies over Alaska to get to the lower forty-eight. When asked to identify a single market regulation that McCain supported in his 26 years of service, Palin said "I’ll try to find you some and I’ll bring them to ya." (She didn't.) When queried about the bailout, she responded with a cadre of incoherent rambling about healthcare, spending, and trade. And unfortunately for Palin, it's not over.

I've been a Republican all my life and I have to tell you that no matter how well meaning, and no matter how well it gets your base out. Her presence in front of a TV camera is a Trainwreck. It is my sincere hope that she does better in this debate than she has in these interviews.

Navy .... I have been a Republican all my live too. I have voted outside the party before and will do the same this time. I want change! I do not want McCain to be President nor do I want Palin to be an "unexperieced" Lady in Waiting to handle the affairs of our country, if she has to assume the roll.

It baffles me when people keep making excuses for Palin. Comparing her "Governor Experience" ... of Alaska? Holy shit!!! ..... to the position of Vice President of the United States, is just unbelievable. She would be a heartbeat away from being President .... and these people just do not seem to "get that". They are as naive as Palin and McCain are for thinking she is "experienced" enough to take the position. As I posted before .... being in charge of a state with less than 1 million people to a nation with 300 million is a difference. A BIG difference.

Damn! I think even McDonalds would not hire someone, as a manager, with as little experience that she has. (This is a little bit of a stretch - but probably pretty damn close to the truth).

I'd challenge most people to name a Supreme Court Case other than Roe v. Wade honestly. But most people aren't running for VP of the US so she's at a different standard obviously.

I'm torn quite honestly. I want Obama to win that goes without saying, but I'd hate for Palin to get on national television and make a complete idot of herself just for the simple reason that for better or worse she does in fact represent women in this country.

Women in politics already have a hard enough time being taken seriously... I'd at least hope she looks somewhat competent.

quite honestly, I don't think it matters at this point what Sarah Palin does. McCain has lost this election for himself with his erratic behavior and OTT statements.

Navy .... I have been a Republican all my live too. I have voted outside the party before and will do the same this time. I want change! I do not want McCain to be President nor do I want Palin to be an "unexperieced" Lady in Waiting to handle the affairs of our country, if she has to assume the roll.

It baffles me when people keep making excuses for Palin. Comparing her "Governor Experience" ... of Alaska? Holy shit!!! ..... to the position of Vice President of the United States, is just unbelievable. She would be a heartbeat away from being President .... and these people just do not seem to "get that". They are as naive as Palin and McCain are for thinking she is "experienced" enough to take the position. As I posted before .... being in charge of a state with less than 1 million people to a nation with 300 million is a difference. A BIG difference.

Damn! I think even McDonalds would not hire someone, as a manager, with as little experience that she has. (This is a little bit of a stretch - but probably pretty damn close to the truth).

I personally cannot bring myself to vote for Obama CA, I honestly believe that he is using the "change" message with no substance attached. I believe that he has been packaged and marketed like a bad movie that suddenly everyone is going crazy about. Then when you read the book the movie was based on you say, wow the two are nothing alike. I think that George W. Bush has been a complete disaster as a president of the United States as do I think that the likes of Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid have both been disasters as leaders in congress. The American people have been short changed not just by the Democrats but also by the Republican Party and I am frankly disgusted with the whole lot of them. It is the primary reason I have decided to take my ballot and write-in my daughters name for president. I am also looking on the ballot and everywhere it says incumbent I am voting for the other person. If people really wanted change they would vote the whole group of the out . ALL of them republican and democrat. I can see where someone like Obama would hold appeal to people because the man sure has that gift of speech. However, I see him as no better than partisans that are there now. I see it difficult and hard to believe that anything will get done under an Obama Administration nor do I see it getting done under a McCain Administration, I see them both sitting in the oval office paying bills for the next 4 years.

I'd challenge most people to name a Supreme Court Case other than Roe v. Wade honestly. But most people aren't running for VP of the US so she's at a different standard obviously.

I'm torn quite honestly. I want Obama to win that goes without saying, but I'd hate for Palin to get on national television and make a complete idot of herself just for the simple reason that for better or worse she does in fact represent women in this country.

Women in politics already have a hard enough time being taken seriously... I'd at least hope she looks somewhat competent.

quite honestly, I don't think it matters at this point what Sarah Palin does. McCain has lost this election for himself with his erratic behavior and OTT statements.

How about Bush v. Gore? you would think that one would not be a hard one to forget. Brown v. Board of Education. As a Republican she should know about Bush v Gore or how about this one? How about this one?

Day to Day, March 19, 2007 · The U.S. Supreme Court Monday considers whether a high-school principal in Alaska should have suspended a student for displaying a banner saying "Bong Hits 4 Jesus." The banner was said to promote illegal drug use at a school-sanctioned event.

We hear from Dahlia Lithwick, legal analyst from the online magazine Slate; Principal Robert Littlefield of Portsmouth High School in Rhode Island, about a lawsuit over freedom of speech at his school and NPR's Mike Pesca talks with former students who were involved in similar free-speech incidents when they were in school.

Correct me if I am wrong but was she not the the gov. of Alaska in 2007?

Yes, I hope she stays on.

She will remind the American people that McCain appointed someone completely unqualified to be vice president.

You Democrats sure don't learn from history do you?

We've already had a Presidential election where the Democrat strategy was to insist the Republican's VP pick was not qualified for the office. While the Republican strategy was to insist it was the Democrat Presidential candidate who was not qualified for the office. Guess which strategy works better? Better yet, ask Dukakis how that strategy worked out for him.

In fact, during the VP debate that year -Quayle's disasterous performance and humiliation at the hands of the Democrat VP candidate remains an unforgettable moment in TV history. But still Quayle ended up as VP.

I love this pic ...

2exvepj.jpg

Forum List

Back