dowsing rods

I saw it work very reliably by employees of our village water corporation. They had several trained dowsers, and they produced reliable results. That was before electronic methods (Holey Moley) came into subscribed useage. I was a builder from 1968 to 2006, and most of my houses were customers to be connected to that particular water company's lines. Lots of water lines/mains were buried without a detection wire, so they had to use the dowsing method to locate.

I saw it work very reliably by employees of our village water corporation. They had several trained dowsers, and they produced reliable results. That was before electronic methods (Holey Moley) came into subscribed useage. I was a builder from 1968 to 2006, and most of my houses were customers to be connected to that particular water company's lines. Lots of water lines/mains were buried without a detection wire, so they had to use the dowsing method to locate.

Yeah, I found our septic tank with bent clothes hangers.b

Years ago I sent an investment proposal to my cousin who inherited his dad's (my uncle) dowsing pendulum. The target was a 2,400 ft. deep reservoir where we thought oil Shirley existed. We were ready to commit $50k to the project.

So, my cousin is in California- 2,000 miles away. He said he'd put the pendulum to the maps and get back to me. He eventually declined to put his money into the deal and told me at what depths we'd see shows of oil but not in commercial quantity.

After we drilled the well I got the geologist's report back and it stated the exact depths of oil shows that my cousin predicted. We didn't complete it because the DST's came back negative.

There's a guy in Florida who offered $1,000,000 to anyone who could prove dowsing worked.

All comers failed. Miserably.

Magical thinking.

There's a guy in Florida who offered $1,000,000 to anyone who could prove dowsing worked.

All comers failed. Miserably.

Magical thinking.

Do you really know that all comers failed? Or is it more to the point that he didn't get any comers?

I know the guys at my local water dept who have the skill didn't show.
Is that type strategy to debunk conclusive?

California Farmers Hire Dowsers to Find Water - ABC News

With California in the grips of drought, farmers throughout the state are using a mysterious and some say foolhardy tool for locating underground water: dowsers, or water witches.

Practitioners of dowsing use rudimentary tools — usually copper sticks or wooden "divining rods" that resemble large wishbones — and what they describe as a natural energy to find water hidden underground.

While government water scientists disapprove, California "witchers" are busy as farmers seek to drill more groundwater wells due to the state's record drought.

"Government scientists disapprove"? :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back