Down the stretch...

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- With less than a week to go before the recall election, a solid majority of likely California voters said they support removing Gov. Gray Davis from office, according to a new poll from the Los Angeles Times.

The poll, conducted September 25-29, found that 56 percent of likely voters supported the recall, while 42 percent said they opposed ousting the Democratic incumbent. A Times poll from early September showed 50 percent supported the recall.

Republican challenger Arnold Schwarzenegger made strong gains in the latest poll and was favored by 40 percent of likely voters, followed by Democrat Lt. Gov. Cruz Bustamante with 32 percent and Republican state Sen. Tom McClintock with 15 percent.

The Dems are going to split the vote. Some people are going to vote against the recall, some are going to vote for Bustamante. The result will be that neither get the number of votes they need, and Schwarzenegger will win the election.

Yep, I think you're right, Jeff.

You'd think people would know about this by now... that's how we ended up with Billy Bob Clinton the first time - Perot split the GOP vote.

I hate to say I told you so, but...

Originally posted by gop_jeff
The Dems are going to split the vote. Some people are going to vote against the recall, some are going to vote for Bustamante. The result will be that neither get the number of votes they need, and Schwarzenegger will win the election.

Forum List

Back