DOW Up +800 Last 2 Days, You Lefties Said It's a Trump Market Monday

Very little considering it started over 26k.

Just made that point in another thread yesterday to somebody else who just jumped off the same Special Bus.
I heard that when people talk about numbers instead of percentages, they dont know what they are talking about. A Wall Street "special bus" if you will. But idk thats just what i heard.

Whelp ---- check out the OP. Is he quoting points or percentages?

Hm?

He quoted a number, out of context. I supplied that context. And I did it using his own terms. DEAL with it.
I was JS pogo. Chill out.

"JS"? :uhh:

You were Jon Stewart? I had no idea.

Johan Santana? Jerry Seinfeld?

Oh wait, I got it. :desk:

..... You're Jo Stafford. I knew it. I can see the resemblance.
jo safford? Never heard of him. Must have been popular when you were a kid in the 20s?

Columbia_Singles_Collection_Volume_1_Jo_Stafford_album.jpg

C'mon, croon us a toon. Hook a brutha up.

I heard that when people talk about numbers instead of percentages, they dont know what they are talking about. A Wall Street "special bus" if you will. But idk thats just what i heard.

Whelp ---- check out the OP. Is he quoting points or percentages?

Hm?

He quoted a number, out of context. I supplied that context. And I did it using his own terms. DEAL with it.
I was JS pogo. Chill out.

"JS"? :uhh:

You were Jon Stewart? I had no idea.

Johan Santana? Jerry Seinfeld?

Oh wait, I got it. :desk:

..... You're Jo Stafford. I knew it. I can see the resemblance.
jo safford? Never heard of him. Must have been popular when you were a kid in the 20s?

Columbia_Singles_Collection_Volume_1_Jo_Stafford_album.jpg

LOL you little shit.

Basically everyone with at least half a brain is either sitting on the sidelines in some cases like mine holding on to my positions but not adding money to the mix OR they are putting in low ball bids in hopes that there is still some real panic out there.

Eight whole hundred after a descent of 2300. Isn't that special.

The memory is the second thing to go.
What planet are you on? It is currently off just 1,000 off the all time high. 22% increase the past year.

What's important is that the market just posted its best weekly gains in five years!

Stocks post their best weekly gains since 2013

The market goes up and down, but after the recent downturn, you would have thought listening to the dopes on the board that we were heading into a new "Trump Depression." What is important is where the market is after the long term, and since Trump has taken office and people see that Obama is finally gone and a Hillary presidency was averted, market confidence is way, WAY up.

>> The Dow Jones Industrial Average is racking up such a severe monthly loss that the blue-chip average is on the verge of putting in its worst March since 2001, when it declined 5.87%, according to WSJ Market Data Group. The Dow DJIA, -0.12% is presently on track to shed about 752 points for the month, but at its lows Thursday afternoon, it was tracking a monthly decline of more than 800 points or more than 3%. The slump for equities comes as investors wrestled with import tariffs announced by President Donald Trump's administration on China and jitters around the Federal Reserve's ability to avoid pushing the economy into recession as it normalizes monetary policy from crisis-era levels amid fiscal stimulus that risks overheating an economy that is roughly in its ninth year of expansion. The Dow most recently was off 406 points, or 1.6%, at 24,273. <<​

(Published yesterday afternoon --- the DJIA would eventually finish down over 700 for the day).

It's now a negative year even counting the wild soar of January 1 to 26. My portfolio is worth less than it was worth at the end of 2017.

Last edited:
>> The Dow Jones Industrial Average is racking up such a severe monthly loss that the blue-chip average is on the verge of putting in its worst March since 2001, when it declined 5.87%, according to WSJ Market Data Group. The Dow DJIA, -0.12% is presently on track to shed about 752 points for the month, but at its lows Thursday afternoon, it was tracking a monthly decline of more than 800 points or more than 3%. The slump for equities comes as investors wrestled with import tariffs announced by President Donald Trump's administration on China and jitters around the Federal Reserve's ability to avoid pushing the economy into recession as it normalizes monetary policy from crisis-era levels amid fiscal stimulus that risks overheating an economy that is roughly in its ninth year of expansion. The Dow most recently was off 406 points, or 1.6%, at 24,273. <<​

(Published yesterday afternoon --- the DJIA ended up down over 700 for the day).

It's now a negative year even counting the wild soar of January 1 to 26. My portfolio is worth less than it was worth at the end of 2017.
Up 35% since Hillary was crushed.
Only a fool would turn down such a return on their money.

(Published yesterday afternoon --- the DJIA ended up down over 700 for the day).

:lol: Hey, you're welcome to my negative numbers.

February too. Don't diss February just because it's only got 28 days. That's calendarist
I actually made a killing in February....

Yeah, many of us killed our investments. It's what you do when the boat springs a leak -- you bail.
Many people are bailing. Amazing incredible bailouts, many people are saying that. In fact that's exactly what these plunging numbers mean.

You're lousy investing is your fault. Stop listening to Krugman.

Yeah, many of us killed our investments. It's what you do when the boat springs a leak
You have to know where to put you money....expendable dollars can absorb a higher risk and a larger payoff...

Somehow it wasn't "lousy" before January 29th.

Everyone knew a correction was coming. Except you ignorant few.

Been expecting it for years actually. But show me the post where I said I "didn't know it was coming" and I'll send you a thousand bucks.

DJIA is ATM under 24k. Hasn't been that far down since late November 2017, with the single exception of February 8 ---- one day after this thread started. :lmao:

Amachers.....

Been expecting it for years actually. But show me the post where I said I "didn't know it was coming" and I'll send you a thousand bucks.
You're the only one weeping and gnashing your teeth about the market. The rest of us are shrugging.

You're the only one weeping and gnashing your teeth about the market. The rest of us are shrugging.

Quote this here weeping and gnashing of teeth and I'll put up another G.
In fact I'll do a grand for the weeping and another grand for the gnashing. Such a deal. :deal:

DJIA finishes a stormy week at 23533 having lost over three thousand points since January 26.
Lowest point since November 3, 4 3/4 months ago.

This week's drop was 1360 points.

Forum List

Back