Dow set to make history on gains.

Market consolidation... Major indexes are up again over critical technical levels, but with less conviction (volume) than the market needs to sustain these prices. Today the dollar got smoked and the market went up. That is the unfortunate inverse correlation here. The dollar is fixing to gain momentum up and the market is building cause toward lower prices... IMO (So be careful and don't get burnt!) These things take time to play out but watch the volumes at critical swing points and the market will give a sign of which way it wants to go before it takes another turn... And keep in mind individual equities do not all go right along with the market indexes so some stock could do fine in a down market.

Three out of four stocks follow the market. Never bet against the market. You'll get creamed. Also if the dollar is up, it only means that the other currencies are down. It doesn't mean it gained any value.

I have been saying, since June, this market is going to crash. It not what I hope for, it's just what I see. The only reason it climbed in March of 2009 was QE2. The debts are still there and increasing. The situation is unsustainable. You can't spend your way out of debt. I hope I am wrong, but I afraid I'm right. It may not happen tomorrow or next week, but certainly by Christmas, the market shall crash.

This market reminds me of 1973....huge October....then.... a 45% drop

Not really comparable. October 73 they had a major mid east war and then the oil embargo.

I would expect the European markets to be gaining now, and a large part of the dow's gain lately has been folks fleeing europe. Now that Papendreu is gone and Berlusconi is on his way out folks will be moving out of us stocks and back to Europe

This market reminds me of 1973....huge October....then.... a 45% drop

Aye...not in the same month, but this sort of thing also happened in 1987, 2002 and 2007.
The markets became wildly unpredictable...a big push up...then a solid deflation.
2008 was a much needed correction.
2009 was a record year for Wall Street propped up by the FED zero interest rates and $trillions of taxpayer dollars propping up insolvent "too big to fails".
2010 was a moderate year living off of taxpayer cash. (also the same year Wall Street bankers received the largest bonuses in history) the year ended with the beginning of:
2011 - The year of the bubble. There is simply no explanation that from July 2010 - July 2011 - there was a 3000 pt gain.

Since 2009 the markets have been amazingly built up on taxpayer pay outs and just plain old bull market bubble building.
The world finances are in the toilet...we will see a severe correction soon...we should have already seen it but the bubble builders are die-hard folks.

They solved the Greek problem!~! right?? Here's a flow chart that helps visualize the road ahead for the EU. It ain't pretty- they didn't solve anything yesterday, they just postponed the inevitable.

102711-01.jpg

Will you cheerleaders credit Obama when the market falls?

I think the above chart is prophetic.

Obama has doodle-squat to do with it either way.

We have an economy that ha been rewarding BANSTERS to invent bullshit debt.

It's falling apart now becuase this system has fucked over workers worldwide.

Average people are awash in debt, nations likewise.

And the people to whom they owe these preposeterous debts?

Well guess what happens to them when people AND government cannot repay thse DUBIOUS debts?

Our economy system was based on a lie and the TRUTH IS OUTING.

If CAPITALIST keep fucking around their ME! ME! ME! attitudes, their greed is going to kill the goose (this capitalist system) that laid the golden eggs FOR THEM.

If that happens?

There will be no safe havens for the rich.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back